Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,486 Members 41,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NAND][ROM] CyanogenMod 7 : kernel updates

Tip us?

taninos
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zargloub View Post
Hi, you do not need to flater me to have a response
You should use insmod instead of modprobe. modprobe uses modules names, and insmod uses paths.
Thank you so much. Have you tried to use wifi-tether in IceDroid?

zargloub
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by taninos View Post
Thank you so much. Have you tried to use wifi-tether in IceDroid?
I do not use thether. Sorry.

taninos
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
I do not use thether. Sorry.
Is the kernel ready for tethering? I'm unable to make it work in Icedroid.

Can we use your kernel with a Froyo build? In Froyo roms wifi-tether works.

mahmoodifar
Old
(Last edited by mahmoodifar; 4th April 2012 at 12:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Hi zargloub thanks for everything you have done for x1
could you guide me about something that it kept my mind busy
I set my CPU from 128 to 384 and it works great and I think it can work lower than 128 for minimum and it's helping battery,am I right ?
or I'm wrong about that
did you test it in this situation, because I think 128 MHz for minimum is too high and it can work under that for idle time
could you set a kernel for test and set CPU lower than 128 like between 20 and 50 MHz for minimum
thanks

zargloub
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
Hi, i think i won't work anymore on this device because my battery is near to death, and i need a working phone. It last 1h so it's not usable anymore.
If someone have a new, healthy battery he don't use and want to send it to me, send a private message, but i don't want to spend money on that old phone and i think i will rather buy a motorola defy plus
I update the last kernel version and way to build, and i hope sharing my work had been usefull.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zargloub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

squallvai
Old
(Last edited by squallvai; 4th April 2012 at 10:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Hi, i think i won't work anymore on this device because my battery is near to death, and i need a working phone. It last 1h so it's not usable anymore.
If someone have a new, healthy battery he don't use and want to send it to me, send a private message, but i don't want to spend money on that old phone and i think i will rather buy a motorola defy plus
I update the last kernel version and way to build, and i hope sharing my work had been usefull.
So Sad to hear that you decide to Stop this development....
I Hope You Still willing to fix the kernel someday when you have a free time offcourse
Thanks a million for all your Efforts.. and Good Luck
Device : HTC7 Mozart
ROM : Dynamics7 v2.0 by Ultrashot

Device : SE Xperia X1 Black [HTC Kovsky]
ROM : Dynamics 2.4.5 by Ultrashot

Elibl
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Oh nooo sharing your work was great. Please continue developing we could all donate for a new one. If that doesn't work i would buy you a new one myself

Gesendet von meinem Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 mit Tapatalk

mahmoodifar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Thanks for new kernel and new value for minimum CPU
I hope you could continue working on kernel
I really like working with android on my x1

taninos
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Open a paypal account that we pay you the battery.

zargloub
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
I've just buy a Motorola Defy plus.
It's a great phone ! No more important call missed.
So i can give the xperia to my one year dauther who loves to play with. It's allready old, the glass is broken, volume buttons does not work, and battery is down.
It's a cool end of life for him !
All informations to build boot.img from scratch are in the first post of this thread. I hope that someone else will continue. All sources are public.
Anyway, it's now usable as a phone (if not at end of life like mine).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zargloub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]