Favorite cases?

Search This thread

bendirkss

Dec 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Looking for a new moto x case. I am looking for decent protection. I currently have a case mate naked case which isn't bad but I wouldnt mind something slightly heavier duty. I was interested in the Griffin reveal. Tell me which cases you like best and post pics if you want
Thanks

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
Looking for a new moto x case. I am looking for decent protection. I currently have a case mate naked case which isn't bad but I wouldnt mind something slightly heavier duty. I was interested in the Griffin reveal. Tell me which cases you like best and post pics if you want
Thanks

I have a Candy Shell Grip case by Speck I bought from Motorola's website when they had the 30% deal. Dual layer protection. I like it a lot better than the Incipio case I had previously. The Candy Shell case is a little harder to get on and off but overall it just feels better. Only issue is depending on the type of head phones it's a little tricky to plug in.

bendirkss

Dec 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I have a Candy Shell Grip case by Speck I bought from Motorola's website when they had the 30% deal. Dual layer protection. I like it a lot better than the Incipio case I had previously. The Candy Shell case is a little harder to get on and off but overall it just feels better. Only issue is depending on the type of head phones it's a little tricky to plug in.

How slippery do you find that case when holding it in the hand though? I've had my eye on that case

Itachisasuke

Apr 27, 2010
Southeastern PA
I bought two of the bumper cases from Amazon and I am very pleased with them. Another user reviewed them here. Moto X Bumper Case Review.

As indicated in the other gentleman's review the case does an adequate job and protecting the corners and does add enough of a bezel to stop the front and back of the phone from touching the surface. If you are a minimalist like me this was the best option.

Slick Shell Bumper Case for Moto X

For $6.99 it was worth it.

momentary

Apr 2, 2011
atlanta
I'm using a Trident Kraken AMS. Like an otter box, but much nicer build quality. Trident makes 5 cases for the moto x with varying degrees of protection/bulk. The kraken also disassembles into a slim slip on case. Check them out, been my favorite case on my last 3 phones.

Tridentcase.com

And their customer service is top notch.

Reactions: SgtSmokdu

FSRBIKER

Mar 2, 2010

Attachments

• MotoX-GripTek.jpg
    MotoX-GripTek.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,686

Solutions Etcetera

Oct 7, 2012
Sierra Nevada (west slope)
Have the Otterbox Commuter and it is going back. Too hard to put on/take off, and the buttons are horrible. The PureGear looks good, but I recently discovered the Amzer Pudding. Have had great results with them in the past so I have one on the way... will report back when received.

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
How slippery do you find that case when holding it in the hand though? I've had my eye on that case

I don't think it's all that slippery. It has a real nice feel to it. Glad I bought it. The case also has the extensions on the buttons like an Otterbox. Besides the A-Case I had for my GS3 and GS4 this is my favorite case.

Last edited:
Reactions: bendirkss

Butcher98

Apr 3, 2011
I have a commuter case and love it. It is a little hard to take off but I don't need to really ever do that.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

stavebomb

Dec 16, 2013
I picked up the Otterbox Commuter case in all black and I like it so far. It seems to offer a good amount of protection without TOO much bulk. It is a little large, however.

bendirkss

Dec 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Found the Griffen reveal on sale for $10 so I picked it up. Its pretty nice, but I wouldn't mind more protection

enjoimadcow

Dec 15, 2011
I have the supcase in blue and frosted clear back. I love this thing. Doesn't add much bulk and already survived a drop with no damage. It hit the corner and bounced, then landed on it's face.

Reactions: mbush78 and huntnyc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought two of the bumper cases from Amazon and I am very pleased with them. Another user reviewed them here. Moto X Bumper Case Review.

As indicated in the other gentleman's review the case does an adequate job and protecting the corners and does add enough of a bezel to stop the front and back of the phone from touching the surface. If you are a minimalist like me this was the best option.

Slick Shell Bumper Case for Moto X

For $6.99 it was worth it.
    The qmadix case is nice, if not a little plain. Solid build quality, and some of the clickiest buttons I've ever used on a case.
    A couple quick reports, as I was sorta on a case streak past couple months:

Seidio Feather -- ultra light, thinner than even the TPU cases, but seems really rigid (doesn't bend like cheap plastic). If you want a "near naked" feel this is probably the phone to get, but probably not good enough for klutz like me. It's down to $4 on Amazon as of December 2015.

"Premium" 2-piece w/ holster and kickstand -- found it at Best Buy on clearance last year, not too bad as a two-piece, but it ain't quite tight either, as a drop can separate the pieces. Kickstand only works in landscape mode, and adds bulk to the back. The holster is nice, as it has a spring clip on top to hold the phone in, and even has a cutout for the audio plug.

Generic single-piece with holster from Amazon (I'll find link later) -- piece of crap. Added bulk back to the slim Moto X so it's back to a rectangular format (i.e. negated the curved back) barely clings to the sides, and it's rigid because they needed that extra plstic. The holster is friction only. Overall wouldn't even pay $9 for this.

Trident Kraken -- comparable to Otterbox Defender, but only $7.00 (again, as of December 2015) depending on color. Silicone sleeve inside, face plate with screen protector, THEN a back plate means this case is built to take punishment, and both audio and USB plugs gets silicone flaps. It's NOT waterproof, but only splash proof, though. However, like the Defender, it turns the phone into a bulky monster. The belt-clip is... tolerable. The kickstand can be used in both portrait and landscape (but slightly unstable in portrait mode).

Trident Cyclops -- baby version of the Kraken, it has no inner silicone sleeve, but similar front plate (with screen protector) / backplate construction... and much less bulky than the Kraken. However, it has no belt clip nor kickstand. It is also $7 or so, which makes it a good compromise between bulky and light.
    Hey, all. Looking for a decent case for my new Moto X, and I'm really liking the little dimple on the back of my phone so I'm looking for a case to keep that. I like the Bear Motion cases, which someone mentioned on here, but it doesn't have the dimple on it. I have an all white phone, and I really don't like how smooth the back is (I didn't have a chance to order through MotoMaker, and only had the option of all white or all white), so I'm looking to get something that is grippier. The Air Jacket case looks really nice, and has the dimple, but I'm wondering if there is something similar for a little cheaper?

Trying to get something a little minimalist, so nothing like a huge otterbox or whatnot :3

check out the Supcase on Amazon it replicates the dimple

I have the supcase in blue and frosted clear back. I love this thing. Doesn't add much bulk and already survived a drop with no damage. It hit the corner and bounced, then landed on it's face.