Large files copy fails with kitkat 4.4.2

Search This thread

Pugisto

Jan 20, 2014
Hi guys,
i've been struggling with this issue for weeks,tried everything and still didn't find a solution.

When i copy/cut large files, the tranfer speed suddently drops to 0kb/s and freezes.
It happens on operation within the phone and when tranfer file from pc too.
I've obiouvsly done dozen of total wipes.
I've tried different 4.4.2 roms.
I've tried different file mananger apps.
I've tried different kernels.
I've done a chkdsk on internal and external sd cards.
I've tried another external sd card.
So, because I was concerned about an hardware failure, I flashed the stock 4.1.2 rom.....used it for 4-5 days and the problem was gone.
Back to 4.4.2 and the issue is still here.
The strange thing is I don't have this issue with a fresh installed rom...it comes after configuring and using the phone for a while.

I've done an intensive google research,but seems no one has this problem,hope somebody can help

cheers:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Vivek_Neel

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
Hi guys,
i've been struggling with this issue for weeks,tried everything and still didn't find a solution.

When i copy/cut large files, the tranfer speed suddently drops to 0kb/s and freezes.
So, because I was concerned about an hardware failure, I flashed the stock 4.1.2 rom.....used it for 4-5 days and the problem was gone.
The strange thing is I don't have this issue with a fresh installed rom...it comes after configuring and using the phone for a while.

I've done an intensive google research,but seems no one has this problem,hope somebody can help

Use airdroid and see

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Reactions: la_malacoda

AshishSoni

Feb 18, 2014
Delhi
I had same problem like this. When I copied large no. of photos & videos from PC to my S2, I would get android.media FC everytime, so what I did is make a .nomedia file (using file manager) in a folder and copied there, that fixed it.

nobody with a similar problem?

I accidentally thanked you when clicking reply button lol.

Pugisto

Jan 20, 2014
I don't have any FC.....just the transfer speed goes down to 0kb/s and never resume...

how it's possible that i'm the only one in the world with this problem??????????:mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Use airdroid and see

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    nobody with a similar problem?