DangKid

Jun 22, 2011
I would like to test it, running aokp on my Samsung infuse

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

duke69111

Dec 3, 2010
Kansas
All,

I'm the developer and I'm greatly sorry for the delay and lack of communication on the forum (personal reasons and I'd prefer not to go into details). I'm 95% done with a new version that's fully ics compatible. The new version is a complete rewrite. Again I'm sorry for the delay and I hope to have the new version up for testing within the next week or so. If you're interested in being part of the test group ill take the first 10 to 15 people that reply to this post. I'll pm those people with further details in the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Cody

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

This is great news. Thanks for your work on this app. I as well as a lot of other people really appreciate it. Glad to see you are back at it. Here's looking forward to a great ICS version.

Not sure what I need to do, but I would be happy to help test if needed. I have a Verizon galaxy nexus and a Kindle Fire running ICS.

Last edited:

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
I was using 1.0 for a while now until I just got ICS.

I'd be more than happy to test if you still need testers. Please let me know how to help.

Will there be some ability to disable vibrate notification in the new version?

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
Just as a heads up, an alternative solution would be to follow @amazonappstore on Twitter. If you're not a Twitter user, just sign up expressly to follow that account, then get an app that does a widget. Set the widget up to show you the latest tweet. Amazon posts to Twitter immediately after making the app free, which is around 00:15 PST (GMT-8). If you are a heavy Twitter user, see if you can find a widget that will only show one followed account, or set up a second account just to follow that one. The link in the Tweet will take you to the Amazon page for it, in your browser (or the one built into the Twitter client, possibly). If you're logged into Amazon there, you can "buy" the app and it will land in your account; you would still need to go into the Appstore app to download/install it, but you could do that at any time.

The Amazon FAD has been really bad lately. I just check it on Facebook, but they wait until about 15-18 hours in to post there. But I'm personally sick of Amazon Appstore for Android. Seems like there are updates to apps every few days, or so it says. When I get into the app, no apps need updating. If that's what Amazon has to resort to, false notifications, to get you into their storefront, I think there's an issue, at least one of trust.

AySz88

Feb 6, 2012
Yours?

Hm, stumbled across a very similar-looking app - is that the updated version of this app? Or did someone else just do something similar? (I wouldn't be surprised since it doesn't seem like development is very active right now...)

duke69111

Dec 3, 2010
Kansas
Hm, stumbled across a very similar-looking app - is that the updated version of this app? Or did someone else just do something similar? (I wouldn't be surprised since it doesn't seem like development is very active right now...)

I'm pretty sure Skylark95 is a different developer and he's keeping his app updated. I helped him test the notification feature on boot and the error message it was throwing a couple of weeks ago. He's built a really solid and reliable app. Its one of the few if not the only one that works on 4.1/4.2 If you were looking for a replacement since this one died, I would definitely check it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: dyingjedi

Skylark95

Feb 22, 2012

I just did something similar. A little while back I was looking for an app that would give me a reminder for the free app of the day and when I couldn't find one that did quite what I wanted I wrote my own to practice for a job interview and get one foot into android development.

As the app gained users I decided to rewrite it with a new UI and make it open source. The app is currently in beta, but is quite stable and should be out of beta in the next one or two updates. I usually try to put a few hours a week into the app and answering questions and feature requests.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    I wrote this app because I constantly forget to look at the free app of the day on the Amazon market and have missed out on a few really good apps.

Help Needed
    This is version 1.0 so I expect there to be some bugs. If you have any questions,comments, or issues with the app please let me know.

I've added a good bit of info to the notification and plan to include more info with the addition of a custom layout.

How do I use it?
    Once installed open Appstore Reminder from your applications. Click on the reminder time option and set what time you'd like to be notified. You can click on Test Reminder option to generate an instant reminder to see how it will look.

Clicking on the notification will dismiss the notification and open the Amazon Appstore app where you can download the app.

Thanks to everyone who test's this. I'd love to hear feedback good or bad. I plan on posting this to the market after it's been tested by all you fine folks!

UPDATE 5/24/2011
    Now on the Android market as Amazon Free App Reminder. If you'd like to donate for future development please consider purchasing the Market version. This will also ensure easier updated in the future and I've got some good ideas for future enhancements.

UPDATE 5/26/2011
    I've attached three new icon suggestions. Let me know your thoughts and if you like any of them. Also any modifications to these three you feel would help.

UPDATE 6/01/2011
    I've attached the final three icon's for voting via poll. Let me know what you all think.

UPDATE 10/04/2011
    It was taken down as requested by Amazon trademark department. They requested that the name be changed in the Market. During this time my wife had our third child and I unfortunately haven't had enough time to get back to this. Three kids under the age of the 3 and a full time job is quite the workload on it's own.

When I get home today I'll be uploading the latest version that's in the market here for everyone that needs the update. Unfortunately my big update that I was about to release right before my baby was born was lost due to some data corruption. I'm finally getting back into things and will hopefully have a newer, better, aster, more enhanced app out within the next few weeks.

Again sorry to everyone for the delay. I greatly apologize for the time it's taken me to get back into things. So the app is in the market now and I'll be uploading the latest version later tonight.

Thanks,
    Cody

Change Log
    Version 3
    - Force closes should be fixed. With the exception of when there is no data signal
    - Added options to enable/disable vibration, soundm and LED when notification is triggered

Thanks,
    Cody (RaueSoft Development)

Here you can download the application
    The application should be back in the market now, can you all see it?

Feedback/feature requests welcomed :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

As Rob has stated the app is back on the market. It was taken down as requested by Amazon trademark department. They requested that the name be changed in the Market. During this time my wife had our third child and I unfortunately haven't had enough time to get back to this. Three kids under the age of the 3 and a full time job is quite the workload on it's own.

When I get home today I'll be uploading the latest version that's in the market here for everyone that needs the update. Unfortunately my big update that I was about to release right before my baby was born was lost due to some data corruption. I'm finally getting back into things and will hopefully have a newer, better, aster, more enhanced app out within the next few weeks.

Again sorry to everyone for the delay. I greatly apologize for the time it's taken me to get back into things.

Thanks,
    Cody
    Update coming

All,

I'm sorry I've been away for a while. Family issues coupled with work have really put me in a bad spot. I do this in my free time and lately haven't had any. I'll be adding some cool features like a widget, and some enhancements to the way the data is pulled down in the next few releases. Again I'm sorry for being away just have to get some things done.

If anyone is having a problem please email me so we can work it out.

Thanks,
    Cody
    The first icon with just the clock and the text is the best. I believe it looks the most professional of the three there. In my humble opinion, I'd stay away from having the android logo on it. Everyone already knows what os the app is for and you will just be cluttering up the small real estate you have to remind people. :p

I hope you release the updated version on here soon. :p
    Update is coming asking along nicely.

Cody

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    I agree that sound/vibe notifications need to be able to be toggled. That way, I can set it to check before I wake up and have it waiting for me.

Also, it would be good to have a way to disable the app completely without having to uninstall it or freeze it with Titanium Backup.

Great app idea!

My wife likes it, as she never thinks of checking the free app, but made me take it off her phone until it has options for no sound/vibrate. She just wants to see the icon in her notification bar. I saw the post that said those options were in the works, so I'll look forward to it and put it on her phone when it's available. I would like to see it in the market, so updates for her would be automatic. (She hates all this hacky stuff as she calls it:p)
    Yes options to toggle sound, vibrantion, and led's are all in the next release. I'm having some computer issues at the moment so it won't be until later tonight until I get it uploaded.

I'll add an option to toggle the notification. By default it will be on but you can always disable it to stop notifications all together.

Thanks everyone for the support and feedback. I'll be sure and update the thread title once I upload a new version. I hope everyone has a great day/night.

Cody