[TOOL]::DARKSIDE::SUPER::WIPE::[SKYROCKET][ext4][2.8.2012]

Search This thread

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
*WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

** PLEASE BE AWARE! THIS SCRIPT IS FOR "T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II" WILL ALSO WORK ON "AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket" ONLY! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE YOU MIGHT HAVE A VERY EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST IF ANY OTHER QUESTIONS **​

:: DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

My Original thread is found [HERE]

This is a small script i threw together a while back. I have incorporated in many of my ROMS, usually runs with a installation flag '-wipe'. The script does exactly as the title explains. It is SUPER.WIPE that does the most thorough wipe possible. This exceeds anything that CWM is capable of from the menu options. This will format and erase EVERYTHING on your /system, /data, /cache partions with EXT4 file system. It WILL NOT wipe SD CARD or EMMC... After it is complete with format and earse, it will align all disks partitions properly. This is a great tool to flash right before installing any new ROM on your device. No need to worry if you have wiped properly. Let the script do it for you! ENJOY! :D

Instructions on using DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE:

* WILL NOT WIPE SD CARD OR EMMC *

IMMEDIATELY BEFORE FLASHING ROM OF YOU CHOICE, DO THE FOLLOWING...

1. Place on ROOT of your SD card.
2. Boot into Recovery Mode
3. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
4. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE
5. Stay inside recovery
6. Flash desired ROM.
7. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
8. Done!

[DOWNLOAD HERE] [DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE 2.8.2012]
md5 : ac3b9c04ad4d8b80b49048c29dab271c
** PLEASE respect my work and ask my permission before posting mirrors or using any parts **

you underestimate the power of the DARKSIDE

Last edited:

bori1030

Aug 3, 2010
washington D.C.
sounds interesting will download and try on my next Rom flash

now i see what it does but what is the ultimate true benefit of using this and not clockmod

thederekjay

Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
sounds interesting will download and try on my next Rom flash

now i see what it does but what is the ultimate true benefit of using this and not clockmod

this will format and erase EVERYTHING on your /system, /data, /cache partions with EXT4 file system. It WILL NOT wipe SD CARD or EMMC... After it is complete with format and earse, it will align all disks partitions properly.

This is not ground breaking material. Just does a more thorough wipe and will align disk properly after formatting partitons.

Last edited:

rizzo269

Jan 16, 2011
MI
I used this on my last flash and it worked great! Thanks for bringing it to the skyrocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
"and will align disk properly after formatting partitions"

For my own curiosity, why is this important after wiping?

H3rk1m3r

Oct 5, 2011
Michigan
I was just reading about this...Thanks for bringing it over for us Skyrocket users!

blessedswine

Mar 26, 2010
Works great been using other version a while im guessing they are the same or close to? i think the one im using is from Tmobile? either way thanks again.

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
Im sorry but what do you exactly mean by "It WILL NOT wipe SD CARD or EMMC..."
Is this a good or a bad thing?? do we want this two things mentioned above wiped or not?
Thank you.

thederekjay

Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
r3dp0is0n2012 said:
Is this a good or a bad thing?? do we want this two things mentioned above wiped or not?
Thank you.

Well I would think you wouldn't. Your SD card and internal SD card aka emmc has all you pictures and other personal junk.. so we don't wipe those

Sent from the .:: DARKSIDE ::.

appdroid

Oct 25, 2011
Chicago
He means your pics and music from internal or external sd card won't be gone.
Just use this when you are doing clean flash i used it and it works. Not to be an a** but i had idea about creating this wipe.zip but i suck at coding. Tried contacting someone where the idea came from never got pm back but You sir saved us. Thank You.:D

Thank you.

onearmedscissor

Mar 10, 2006
So is the 3e recovery wipe process in the fix force close thread still helpful to do too or does this give you the same result?

Also would it be even better to format sd cards along with flashing this? Or is there not really any additional benefit of that?

appdroid

Oct 25, 2011
Chicago
THis and 3e recovery is completely different. We have problem with CWM not wiping data correctly therefore file corruption happens. By formatting ur sdcard you will lose everything that's in there. No need to do format sd card. Just flash this when you are doing fresh rom installation.

So is the 3e recovery wipe process in the fix force close thread still helpful to do too or does this give you the same result?

Also would it be even better to format sd cards along with flashing this? Or is there not really any additional benefit of that?

Reactions: onearmedscissor

bacheezy

Dec 17, 2010
Lake Jackson
I've used this script since the day tdj brought it to t-mo version with great results.
Thank you TheDerekJay for sharing this with skyrocket, very cool.
The force is strong in this one

Sent from my Skyrocket using XDA App

nap286

Nov 28, 2009
Why when click dl link it opens up cwm?

Crack85

Dec 26, 2011
Midland Texas
Yes!!! Finally one for the skyrocket been using superwipe and fullwipe for my desirehd. Glad to see there is one for skyrocket now

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

** PLEASE BE AWARE! THIS SCRIPT IS FOR "T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II" WILL ALSO WORK ON "AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket" ONLY! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE YOU MIGHT HAVE A VERY EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST IF ANY OTHER QUESTIONS **​

:: DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

My Original thread is found [HERE]

This is a small script i threw together a while back. I have incorporated in many of my ROMS, usually runs with a installation flag '-wipe'. The script does exactly as the title explains. It is SUPER.WIPE that does the most thorough wipe possible. This exceeds anything that CWM is capable of from the menu options. This will format and erase EVERYTHING on your /system, /data, /cache partions with EXT4 file system. It WILL NOT wipe SD CARD or EMMC... After it is complete with format and earse, it will align all disks partitions properly. This is a great tool to flash right before installing any new ROM on your device. No need to worry if you have wiped properly. Let the script do it for you! ENJOY! :D

Instructions on using DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE:

* WILL NOT WIPE SD CARD OR EMMC *

IMMEDIATELY BEFORE FLASHING ROM OF YOU CHOICE, DO THE FOLLOWING...

1. Place on ROOT of your SD card.
    2. Boot into Recovery Mode
    3. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    4. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE
    5. Stay inside recovery
    6. Flash desired ROM.
    7. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    8. Done!

[DOWNLOAD HERE] [DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE 2.8.2012]
    md5 : ac3b9c04ad4d8b80b49048c29dab271c
    ** PLEASE respect my work and ask my permission before posting mirrors or using any parts **

you underestimate the power of the DARKSIDE
    Yes, dew then installed Sean's latest from and then all the problems described before started to happen...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Sometimes it doesn't work too well for ics. I always dsw, then manually wipe and format after multiple times. That always does the trick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    for more???? probably not!
    "and will align disk properly after formatting partitions"

For my own curiosity, why is this important after wiping?

If the partition alignment for is "xx" bytes off. It will cause major performance issues. Etc...
    blessedswine said:
    Works great been using other version a while im guessing they are the same or close to? i think the one im using is from Tmobile? either way thanks again.

Yeah the same..

Sent from the .:: DARKSIDE ::.