[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - Call for beta testers - All HBOOTS - MT4GS

Search This thread

onebornoflight

Dec 23, 2011
Not sure, I haven't had that issue before, but I doubt it has anything to do with this S-OFF method though. You should check the CM9 forum and see if anyone had a similar issue.

Well I'm from the G1 days when certain radios weren't compatible with certain hboots and you *would* brick your device using this radio with that hboot so I wondered if the 1.45.1313 hboot had compatibility issues lol.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA

jeffakajeff

Feb 27, 2010
Seattle, Wa
www.jeffreygabbard.com
Worked on 1.45.0013 yesterday lol... but then mobile data went wonky for about an hour. I'm running CM9 alpha 4. It's back now... any theories as to why that would've happened?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA

My mobile data did the same. Still does it. I just changed my hboot and reflashed the radio. Hope it helps.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

silverton

Jun 7, 2007
Seattle, WA
Worked for me! I even panicked as the phone was sitting at, what I'll assume is, the bootloader flash screen. Cause I had not swapped SD cards. So I was forced in to it anyway. It did not corrupt my SD card thankfully!!

Also, I assume no responsibility for possible damages caused by what I'm about to say, insulated wires are for people who don't like to live on the edge! Bare paperclip ftw! ;)

Supovitz

Dec 8, 2010
www.supovitz.com
I've read through this thread like 7 times and I don't know what this "wire tapping" method is. SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS ahahah. I'd like my S-OFF... :eek: sorry for being an idiot

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
So far data seems to work for me. I am running Hboot-1.45.1313 and Radio-11.16.3504.20_2, which is probably what was on the phone when I ran Juopuntbear.

have you guys having data issues tried this:

-replace your recovery with the stock one(prolly need to be running a stockish rom,but im not 100% sure on that)
-select "factory data reset" and/or "clear storage" options in hboot

afterward reinstall your custom recovery

the rezound has 4g issues after s off and bouncing around fimrwares,and we have found the above to settle them. i personally have done factory reset,and clear storage at different times,and both seemed to work.

i personally try not to mix and match hboots and radios too much. with a patched hboot giving you s-off,you dont have much choice,but with radio s-off,i always run the hboot that matches the radio and firmware(i.e. run whole ruus. without system,boot and recovery if you plan to immediately flash a rom)

since PxxxIMG files are easily installed via fastboot in ruu mode,i have found much less reason for running eng hboots full time. its easy enuff to flash one if the need arrises.

cparekh

Oct 15, 2009
i personally try not to mix and match hboots and radios too much. with a patched hboot giving you s-off,you dont have much choice,but with radio s-off,i always run the hboot that matches the radio and firmware(i.e. run whole ruus. without system,boot and recovery if you plan to immediately flash a rom)

I am answering outside of my knowledgeable area, but I think this why the instruction on running this exploit tell you to go to a stock ROM first. This way, the hboot, radio, etc. all match.

When I did this I started with a completely stock phone, unlocked the bootloader, installed CWM via fastboot, and then flashed superuser. This way, I started with a rooted, stock phone with matching everything. This is per the instructions, and it may be that way for a reason.

I don't really understand the matching of radio, hboot, kernel, etc., but I know it has been an issue with other Android devices I have unlocked.

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
My new replacement is coming tomorrow, and I'm getting S-Off as soon as I get it. This S-Off process seems easy enough,the wire trick seems tricky. What is a good wire to use? I'm considering a bread tie,or Ethernet cable.

manimmal

Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in Florida
My new replacement is coming tomorrow, and I'm getting S-Off as soon as I get it. This S-Off process seems easy enough,the wire trick seems tricky. What is a good wire to use? I'm considering a bread tie,or Ethernet cable.

Ethernet will probably be the easiest choice. That's what I used at least, I had an old one lying around. But some have reported success using paperclips, so a bread tie might work too.

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
I stripped apart a broken RCA cable. It was a nice one to, so the cable looks just like the one in the video. Any tips you can share? I've read the whole thread a couple times over. Is there a certain length the wire needs to be (going into the the hole)?

manimmal

Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in Florida
I stripped apart a broken RCA cable. It was a nice one to, so the cable looks just like the one in the video. Any tips you can share? I've read the whole thread a couple times over. Is there a certain length the wire needs to be (going into the the hole)?

No specific length really (mine was maybe half fingernail length)...just as long as you have enough to connect the ends to the hole. I'm sure you've done so, but make sure you keep that insulation on the wire! Just leave the tips bare. Took me about 8-12 times to get the timing down right...lol. With some it was a one-hitter-quitter. Hope you'll be successful with it the 1st time. SN: I never got a chance to use it but they say the All-In-One toolkit works really great. Might wanna check that thread out if you haven't done so already. :good:

jjbz

Jun 14, 2012
NJ
For the wire trick, I used a 1/2 foot of old coaxial cable from the middle of the cable and stripped off a 1/2 inch of each end's protective layer. I've used the same wire to JB s-off a sensation, amaze, and mt4gs.

The most important thing is not so much the timing of the contacts, but that the wire is insulated from your hands and that the each end of the wire makes clean contact. I've never gotten it on the first try, so it's normal for it to take multiple attempts. The controlbear.exe makes a backup, so after the first attempt fails, you can keep trying again pretty fast.

When you revert to stock for s-off, make sure 'fast boot' in 'power' settings is unchecked, that usb debugging is checked, and that pdanet or other programs like that are closed. Hopefully this keeps you from having issues like I did.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda app-developers app

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
For the wire trick, I used a 1/2 foot of old coaxial cable from the middle of the cable and stripped off a 1/2 inch of each end's protective layer. I've used the same wire to JB s-off a sensation, amaze, and mt4gs.

The most important thing is not so much the timing of the contacts, but that the wire is insulated from your hands and that the each end of the wire makes clean contact. I've never gotten it on the first try, so it's normal for it to take multiple attempts. The controlbear.exe makes a backup, so after the first attempt fails, you can keep trying again pretty fast.

When you revert to stock for s-off, make sure 'fast boot' in 'power' settings is unchecked, that usb debugging is checked, and that pdanet or other programs like that are closed. Hopefully this keeps you from having issues like I did.

OK finally question (as of now Xo) In the video, the dude is touching the exposed cable against the SD card slot*. Is that ok?

*Check Attachment

jjbz

Jun 14, 2012
NJ
It might be ok for him but I think it's best if you don't touch the wire at all. With an insulated wire, you shouldn't have to touch either of the ends anyway. This will help ensure you don't short the board and/or sdcard.

hapa8o8

Aug 14, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii

isn't a 1/2 foot a bit excessive?:eek: I only used 3 inches~:silly:

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

OK finally question (as of now Xo) In the video, the dude is touching the exposed cable against the SD card slot*. Is that ok?

*Check Attachment

and yes, it is totally ok to touch the exposed cable :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s-off success

took a few reboots but got it! thanks to fuses and hyuh for walking me through it.

Glad to help!

scaled.php
    Guys, don't worry about testing I guess. I have everything setup and I'm buying Blue's mt4gs to test and develop on for 200$. You all damn well better be happy. >.> Throwing 60$ towards the device myself.
    I bricked 2 of mine before they altered the exploit. I did the exact same thing this time but used a wire (you NEED to use a wire or a paperclip with electrical tape. Wire is preferred though, I stripped an ethernet cable since there's like 7 wires in there total. Strip it to copper on both ends just enough to get contact and follow the method) but anyway, I have s-off now and it's beautiful. I also found that you can restore the sdcard after corruption, just create a new partition table and then repartition it. ) Hope this helped.

Proof of sdcard restore:
    jPz9wo1I8BbCU.jpg

Also proof that I'm not turbo-tarded:

2012-04-23
    JuopunutBear needs breakfast. http://unlimited.io
    Clean up done! lets not steer away.. cheers!