[Q] Cant forward text messages

Search This thread

marlon32

Sep 29, 2008
Hi all,

Just upgraded from a S3 and can’t seem to get the option to forward a text message.

I used to do this on my S3 by a long press on the text message I wanted to forward.

When I do this now...I only get 2 options....copy text and delete!

On the S3 I have many options.

What am I doing wrong?

How do I forward the message?

Many thanks in advance.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
You appear to have posted this in an number of forums. That's bad form, you should stick to one thread. The same amount of time put into a straightforward search would have seen your question answered already. The answer can be found in the S5 manual, myriad search results or on Youtube. Long press on the message balloon instead of the unopened message. Then select forward from the popup menu.

Google search: forward text message s5

Top search result.

Or even better, upgrade to a better third party SMS app.

If you still have problems, post a .PNG screen shot and provide details of your firmware version, app version, what you have tried, et cetera.

Enjoy

Reactions: Boudreaux1982

marlon32

Sep 29, 2008
You appear to have posted this in an number of forums. That's bad form, you should stick to one thread. The same amount of time put into a straightforward search would have seen your question answered already. The answer can be found in the S5 manual, myriad search results or on Youtube. Long press on the message balloon instead of the unopened message. Then select forward from the popup menu.

Top search result.

If you still have problems, post a .PNG screen shot and provide details of your firmware version, app version, what you have tried, et cetera.

Enjoy

This is the first time I have posted this question.

I did do a Google search and the answers that were coming up were a long press on the balloon as you mention.....this doesn’t work on my phone.

I only have 2 options when I do that

1) Delete

Or

2) Copy text

(Screenshot of long press attached)

I have also attached screenshot of my phones details.

It’s very odd, how I’d only have such limited options when I long press on the speech bubble.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-06-10-05-13_resized.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-06-10-05-13_resized.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 487
  • Screenshot_2014-08-06-10-10-30_resized.1.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-06-10-10-30_resized.1.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 472

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
You didn't tell us what SMS app version you have or anything about your SMS or APN configuration, so there is no way to discern what might be amiss on your phone.

At a guess, try installing the stock SMS app here

Rename the old SMS app and the corresponding odex file if your system is odexed. Clear your cache and move the new SMS app to /system/priv-app per the directions in the post (do not install via the package manager).

demolaokesola

Oct 8, 2014

I did do a Google search and the answers that were coming up were a long press on the balloon as you mention.....this doesn’t work on my phone.

1) Delete

Or

2) Copy text

It’s very odd, how I’d only have such limited options when I long press on the speech bubble.

Any help appreciated.

Hi I had this same problem but it appears you may have set your phone to EasyMode. In Easy mode your Samsung S5 collapses your phones functions for specified applications to the bare essentials.

The solution:
1. Find the EasyMode option and set your phone to "Standard Mode"
2. Remain in EasyMode and uncheck Messaging.

Worked for me. Hope it works for you too.

Reactions: vndnguyen

marlon32

Sep 29, 2008
Hi I had this same problem but it appears you may have set your phone to EasyMode. In Easy mode your Samsung S5 collapses your phones functions for specified applications to the bare essentials.

The solution:

yes this worked...thanks very much

Reactions: demolaokesola

sandcsw

Jan 23, 2015
thanks for the helpful, courteous response!u

:eek:

The solution:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Top search result.

Enjoy

1) Delete

Or

2) Copy text

Any help appreciated.

The solution:

The solution:

yes this worked...thanks very much