MK2 - Issues with ROM

Search This thread

chroot

Sep 12, 2009
I've searched on this forum for the past few days and tested every item that's been listed.
So as much as I don't want to be flamed... I'm asking for guidance.

I've tested with 4 versions of the Eclipse rom, CM11, CM10, CyanFox, Gummy and FoxHound but all deliver the same results.

I'm using safestrap 3.71, I gained root with the script "Based on the CVE-2013-6282 exploit by cubeundcube "

All and all my installs are sticking to the docs.
*New Slot 1
*Format
*Install OS Rom
*Gapps if needed else Modules.zip
*Wipe Cache
*Reboot

However one of two things always happens.
* Black Screen with no response even when plugged in, this includes when plugged into power.
* Teal Blue screen that flashes, I can hear things but again with ADB it still doesn't see the phone
**With both I have to pull the battery. Both also greatly increase the heat on the back of the phone.

I've let it sit, once for 45 minutes but to no avail.

I was able to get one ROM up (Eclipse-v5.1-build5-jfltevzw-090313) however it showed no wireless or CDMA even after installing the modules.zip.
If I could get it to adb shell I know I'd be fine, these are simply kernel modules that need to be installed but it's not getting there. I've also been looking for any type of syslog function that could tell me about the failed boots.
I've had to restore twice with Odin.

I've ready through what has to be at least 75 threads with this issue and it seems that it's 50/50 for resolution. One post stated to stay with the TW Roms and I've been trying to do that, I'd like to get as close to stock as possible but understand that may not be possible.

This community is great, I don't want to be one of those that annoys everyone and just need to search. But it's not working out that well. Are there any other diagnostic utilities to look at?

This is really one of those times where I've been looking at it for so long I'd just like some ideas.

Thanks to everyone who reads this. I really appreciate your time.

pwned3

Jul 23, 2011
Cullman
Since you're on mk2 you cam only use touch wiz based 4.3 roms. And you have to have the mk2 modules to flash right after. No cm ROM will work because of the kernel difference

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I've searched on this forum for the past few days and tested every item that's been listed.
So as much as I don't want to be flamed... I'm asking for guidance.

I've tested with 4 versions of the Eclipse rom, CM11, CM10, CyanFox, Gummy and FoxHound but all deliver the same results.

I'm using safestrap 3.71, I gained root with the script "Based on the CVE-2013-6282 exploit by cubeundcube "

All and all my installs are sticking to the docs.
*New Slot 1
*Format
*Install OS Rom
*Gapps if needed else Modules.zip
*Wipe Cache
*Reboot

However one of two things always happens.
* Black Screen with no response even when plugged in, this includes when plugged into power.
* Teal Blue screen that flashes, I can hear things but again with ADB it still doesn't see the phone
**With both I have to pull the battery. Both also greatly increase the heat on the back of the phone.

I've let it sit, once for 45 minutes but to no avail.

I was able to get one ROM up (Eclipse-v5.1-build5-jfltevzw-090313) however it showed no wireless or CDMA even after installing the modules.zip.
If I could get it to adb shell I know I'd be fine, these are simply kernel modules that need to be installed but it's not getting there. I've also been looking for any type of syslog function that could tell me about the failed boots.
I've had to restore twice with Odin.

I've ready through what has to be at least 75 threads with this issue and it seems that it's 50/50 for resolution. One post stated to stay with the TW Roms and I've been trying to do that, I'd like to get as close to stock as possible but understand that may not be possible.

This community is great, I don't want to be one of those that annoys everyone and just need to search. But it's not working out that well. Are there any other diagnostic utilities to look at?

This is really one of those times where I've been looking at it for so long I'd just like some ideas.

Thanks to everyone who reads this. I really appreciate your time.

before you do anything else, best read the following threads before you brick your phone...ONLY TW based roms are useable on safestrap for starters for all users after release of MDK .
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630040

chroot

Sep 12, 2009
I really appreciate all the good advice and direction. I had suspected the TouchWiz ROM item and will continue to pursue that. Thanks again for everyone who took time to read over and comment on this.

Reactions: joshm.1219

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I really appreciate all the good advice and direction. I had suspected the TouchWiz ROM item and will continue to pursue that. Thanks again for everyone who took time to read over and comment on this.