SM-T520 Debloated, Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned, & Knoxless Team Freeze Rom

Search This thread

sh0cksquatch

Jun 4, 2014
After a ton of hard work and determination Team Freeze is excited to post our first rom ever for the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (SM-T520)!

This rom is completely stock with the exception of being Rooted, DeOdexed, Debloated, Zipaligned, and lastly having removed all things related to KNOX.

***Attention if you proceed your warranty is void. Do it at your own risk. We are not responsible for any broken or bricked devices.***

Features:
  • Official Samsung based Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 ROM
  • Rooted
  • De-Odex’ed
  • ZipAlign’ed
  • BusyBox
  • Removed KNOX
  • Init.d support
  • Aroma installer (Thanks for sh0cksquatch)

Whats Removed: 95 Total Apk's/Apps
  • Samsung Apps
  • HanCom Office
  • Print Drivers for HP, Epson, Samsung
  • Google Books, Magazine, Videos
  • Much More!
  • Kernel: Rom provides the option to choose either the stock kernel or the Cybertronics V5 kernel.

Who should use this rom?
  • People who want a Stock ROM experience without the Samsung Bloatware slowing them down
  • People who want the least amount of applications installed so they can enjoy smoothness when using the tablet.

Who should not use this rom?
  • People who want the Samsung Apps

How to Flash This Rom:
***Attention if you proceed your warranty is void. Do it at your own risk. We are not responsible for any broken or bricked devices.***
  • Install TWRP using Flashify (Must be rooted) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify
  • Wipe everything! Seriously, it will fail if you do not do this!
  • Flash the rom and enjoy!
  • Special Thanks To: @scrosler for providing an excellent guide for beginners like us to build a stock rom. This would not have been possible without him at all! Also very special thanks to Gunthermic from (Team Average Joes) for teaching us how to troubleshoot and fix problems with my rom. He got us started on this and showed us @scrosler’s guide to build a stock rom. He has helped us so much through this entire process especially by getting the updater scripts working for the rom. Before thanking us thank those two first! :)

Known Issues:
None as of right now!

Donations:
Well since sh0cksquatch is only 16 years old and I (ik4evr) am 14 I do not have a paypal. BUT is you really want to send us a donation how about getting us a Google Play Gift Card Online. (Send us the code in a PM or something) Again, donations are not required at all!

Requests:
If you have any requests please tell us and we will gladly address them!

Notes:
For some reason after installing you have all of the bloatware re installed make sure you wiped everything in TWRP! Also, make sure you are not checking the option to restore data in the OOBE setup.
Wi-Fi may experience a very slight hang only once when you first setup. However, it may not apply to all people.

Team Freeze Members:
ik4evr2 (From USA)
sh0cksquatch (From UK)

Download Links: Uploading

XDA:DevDB Information
Team Freeze SM-T520 ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
sh0cksquatch, ik4evr2, sh0cksquatch
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: Stock

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-06-05

Created 2014-06-06
Last Updated 2014-06-05

k8108

Jun 27, 2010
Looks like a great rom for the 10.1. As soon as we get a download link I will try it.

jonlad1

May 11, 2010
Good to see things were happening behind the scenes whilst your account was hacked!

sh0cksquatch

Jun 4, 2014
Hi everyone,

The rom is finally ready and i'm uploading it now: Please also read below:

To the mod: Please delete this post I meant to post it in the android dev section. :silly: I'll just create a new post there. Sorry for the confusion!

ferdyconde

Sep 10, 2008
What wipes i have to do?

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Is it in spanish (forma Spain)???

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

jtkirk86

Oct 28, 2007
Micro SD Cards

Does this rom do anything toward fixing the problems with MicroSD cards in Android 4.4 I am looking for a way to have full control over my 64gb card again on this tablet. If this rom does not do that and you know of something that does please let me know.

RowBan

Jul 7, 2014
Southport
If I wipe everything using Advanced Wipe in TWRP that includes internal storage, where the rom is stored before installing it.. If internal storage is wiped how do I flash the rom with TWRP? I can't flash it from my PC, I guess I could ADB sideload it but that is a lot of hassle. Does internal storage really need wiping?

Confused noob. Bought my first android device a few days ago.

Edit: I have no external storage yet.

Last edited:

.:GraveD:.

Apr 2, 2014
If I wipe everything using Advanced Wipe in TWRP that includes internal storage, where the rom is stored before installing it.. If internal storage is wiped how do I flash the rom with TWRP? I can't flash it from my PC, I guess I could ADB sideload it but that is a lot of hassle. Does internal storage really need wiping?

Confused noob. Bought my first android device a few days ago.

Edit: I have no external storage yet.

On the internal storage are a lot of samsung files stored.
So without wiping the internal storage you will get a LOT of samsung bloatware back...
But it should work, flashing without wiping internal storage.

The ideal situation is to have your ROM on the external card/storage so you can wipe your device completely and start with a clean fresh ROM.

RowBan

Jul 7, 2014
Southport
On the internal storage are a lot of samsung files stored.
So without wiping the internal storage you will get a LOT of samsung bloatware back...
But it should work, flashing without wiping internal storage.

The ideal situation is to have your ROM on the external card/storage so you can wipe your device completely and start with a clean fresh ROM.

Aight, I went to a friends house and borrowed his external sdcard so I can flash your rom and try it out. Thanks for the reply! Doing this mainly to get rid of the bloatware.
Working perfectly, only thing I've noticed is an odd graphical glitch now and then. Mainly when turning it on (during samsung model display) or when I take it out of sleep. Should one be concerned? Seems to work fine other than that. Also flashed cybertronics v5 kernel

Last edited:

andrew.mackew

Mar 25, 2011
Anyone could please help? I just bought a SM-T520 and would like to install this rom.. but after search about how to root or install twrp I didn't figure anything.. could please, anyone, share some knowledge here? thanks in advance

spton

May 23, 2014
download latest version of flashify app from playstore

Then load twrp recovery from in flashify. Then pick a rom ..I suggest GraveD rom for t520. The best so far IMO.

Anyone could please help? I just bought a SM-T520 and would like to install this rom.. but after search about how to root or install twrp I didn't figure anything.. could please, anyone, share some knowledge here? thanks in advance

spton

May 23, 2014
oh ya forgot. root first..pick your method.

[Yes will technically void your warranty!

QUOTE=andrew.mackew;54899840]Thanks for the reply. Got it but, do I need odin to root first? How to root first? Is there any way to root without void warranty? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Reactions: andrew.mackew

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After a ton of hard work and determination Team Freeze is excited to post our first rom ever for the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (SM-T520)!

This rom is completely stock with the exception of being Rooted, DeOdexed, Debloated, Zipaligned, and lastly having removed all things related to KNOX.

Features:
    • Official Samsung based Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 ROM
    • Rooted
    • De-Odex’ed
    • ZipAlign’ed
    • BusyBox
    • Removed KNOX
    • Init.d support
    • Aroma installer (Thanks for sh0cksquatch)

Whats Removed: 95 Total Apk's/Apps
    • Samsung Apps
    • HanCom Office
    • Print Drivers for HP, Epson, Samsung
    • Google Books, Magazine, Videos
    • Much More!
    • Kernel: Rom provides the option to choose either the stock kernel or the Cybertronics V5 kernel.

Who should use this rom?
    • People who want a Stock ROM experience without the Samsung Bloatware slowing them down
    • People who want the least amount of applications installed so they can enjoy smoothness when using the tablet.

Who should not use this rom?
    • People who want the Samsung Apps

How to Flash This Rom:
    • Install TWRP using Flashify (Must be rooted) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify
    • Wipe everything! Seriously, it will fail if you do not do this!
    • Flash the rom and enjoy!
    • Special Thanks To: @scrosler for providing an excellent guide for beginners like us to build a stock rom. This would not have been possible without him at all! Also very special thanks to Gunthermic from (Team Average Joes) for teaching us how to troubleshoot and fix problems with my rom. He got us started on this and showed us @scrosler’s guide to build a stock rom. He has helped us so much through this entire process especially by getting the updater scripts working for the rom. Before thanking us thank those two first! :)

Known Issues:
    None as of right now!

Donations:
    Well since sh0cksquatch is only 16 years old and I (ik4evr) am 14 I do not have a paypal. BUT is you really want to send us a donation how about getting us a Google Play Gift Card Online. (Send us the code in a PM or something) Again, donations are not required at all!

Requests:
    If you have any requests please tell us and we will gladly address them!

Notes:
    For some reason after installing you have all of the bloatware re installed make sure you wiped everything in TWRP! Also, make sure you are not checking the option to restore data in the OOBE setup.
    Wi-Fi may experience a very slight hang only once when you first setup. However, it may not apply to all people.

Team Freeze Members:
    ik4evr2 (From USA)
    sh0cksquatch (From UK)

Download Links: Uploading

XDA:DevDB Information
    Team Freeze SM-T520 ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    sh0cksquatch, ik4evr2, sh0cksquatch
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-05

Created 2014-06-06
    Last Updated 2014-06-05
    oh ya forgot. root first..pick your method.

[Yes will technically void your warranty!

QUOTE=andrew.mackew;54899840]Thanks for the reply. Got it but, do I need odin to root first? How to root first? Is there any way to root without void warranty? Thanks[/QUOTE]