lg g3 stock sms themes..any other options?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5252914
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5252914

so this is a great phone. but theres two really annoying and upsetting issues.

1. when i get a notifcation, the screen doesnt wake up..really?
2.the sms themes they provide us. i love i can put my own background there, and individual ones too. but the bubbles SERIOUSLY are lacking, and are down right ridiculous. grey and beige? grey and teal? grey and purple? white and beige? oh, and the worst..a yellow sunshine bubble, and a pink sunshine bubble...and a pink piggy bubble, and a white chicken bubble.

i am 24 years old. i dont want to have anything to do with a bubble shaped like a pink pig or a white chicken.

are there any decent bloat-free apps out there that offer more customization, besides rooting?

Reactions: alias3800

Stl Dark Knight

Aug 11, 2013

2.the sms themes they provide us. i love i can put my own background there, and individual ones too. but the bubbles SERIOUSLY are lacking, and are down right ridiculous. grey and beige? grey and teal? grey and purple? white and beige? oh, and the worst..a yellow sunshine bubble, and a pink sunshine bubble...and a pink piggy bubble, and a white chicken bubble.

i am 24 years old. i dont want to have anything to do with a bubble shaped like a pink pig or a white chicken.

are there any decent bloat-free apps out there that offer more customization, besides rooting?
Try Textra amazing app for sms replacement. Looks better than stock version also no bloat and easy to set up.

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield

Yea was just looking myself when I seen this I agree they are lacking big time

LGG3 and beyond

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
c'mon the chicken and pig are pretty funny

ugly as sin and made for like a 8 yr old, but funny nonetheless.

all the customizations in the lg skin app are made for teenage girls it seems.

clandes

Nov 1, 2010
Munich
I'm using Sliding SMS (CM Messaging). Looks good, is fully customisable and has pop up function as well.

p70shooter

Jan 9, 2013
I love the chicken and the pig, it's what I'm using now :) What I don't like about the stock one is you can't set individual notifications for different people. Does textra or sliding sms? Have been using go sms but want something less bloaty.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NeutronBomb

Feb 21, 2010
California City, CA
I love the chicken and the pig, it's what I'm using now :) What I don't like about the stock one is you can't set individual notifications for different people. Does textra or sliding sms? Have been using go sms but want something less bloaty.

Yes you can. You just have to go into their contact profile the same way you would for a ringtone. I've lived with handcent or gosms or textra for about 4 years now and I'm enjoying the stock lg messaging app so far.

Reactions: p70shooter

p70shooter

Jan 9, 2013
Yes you can. You just have to go into their contact profile the same way you would for a ringtone. I've lived with handcent or gosms or textra for about 4 years now and I'm enjoying the stock lg messaging app so far.

I haven't got one for notification all I got is ringtone and led colour in contacts. What am I doing wrong?

D

Deleted member 5252914

lol, nice to know everyone agrees with the choices LG gave us.

thanks for the suggestions, looks like im going to be spending some testing time..

Stl Dark Knight

Aug 11, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1406487584308.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406487590195.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406487595635.jpg

Pheno.menon

Aug 24, 2010
San Jose
So about notifications not waking the screen up? Is that intentional or can we toggle it in settings somewhere? I'm using pin lock.

Transmission sent from my LG G3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With Textra you can have individual contact notification to both sound and coloured icons
    D
    Deleted member 5252914

There is a nexus 5 themed messaging thread offering varios styles. Basically an mms.apk which ia to be moved to /system/priv_apk. Offers quick reply features popup etc too. Best of all only 2mb app. I use it, works flawlessly. Here's my screenshot

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app