Got blue ink on my red nexus five

Search This thread

micks_address

Apr 12, 2010
Was signing a receipt in a restaurant Friday and didn't notice it leaked blue ink over my fingertips. Picked up my red nexus and it smeared some ink on the back. Rubbed with tissues and water but still there. Any safe way to clean it? Don't want to use solvents in case I stain the case further
Cheers
Mick

Was signing a receipt in a restaurant Friday and didn't notice it leaked blue ink over my fingertips. Picked up my red nexus and it smeared some ink on the back. Rubbed with tissues and water but still there. Any safe way to clean it? Don't want to use solvents in case I stain the case further
Cheers
Mick

Similar thing happened to me - I have a white nexus, got swiped with a black pen. A very light wipe with a Clorox (or any disinfecting) wipe on the spot did the trick for me... the surfaces of the red and white are identical, so it may hold up. Again, mine is white, so even if it discoloured slightly, it may not be that noticeable. Good luck!

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Similar thing happened to me - I have a white nexus, got swiped with a black pen. A very light wipe with a Clorox (or any disinfecting) wipe on the spot did the trick for me... the surfaces of the red and white are identical, so it may hold up. Again, mine is white, so even if it discoloured slightly, it may not be that noticeable. Good luck!

A small bit of alcohol works or hand sanitizer works as well. If you're very careful it shouldn't do any damage but it will take a little elbow grease to get off. A microfiber cloth will probably be best to get it off as well.

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
This happened with previous phones, I usually just used a perfume of some sort or alcohol wipes. It comes of easily.

If I helped, don't hesitate to hit that Thanks button ;)