Upgraded from JB to KK, emergency calls on ly (IMEI/SN OK)

Search This thread

jbofc

Jun 6, 2014
Hi Guys I've just upgraded from Jellybean to a KitKat port (Revolutionary S5) and am having trouble making calls and using mobile data.
The phone will read serial number and IMEI fine but just says "Emergency Calls Only" and "Not registered with network" when I try and call someone.

I have tried installing MG2 MG4 MH1 and MJ3 basebands but all of these keep returning the same result as above.

On my phone the baseband reads I9300XXDLID, Kernel 3.0.31-2454463 and build JSS15J.I9300XXUGNB6
I don't know if it helps but in Access Point Names all the networks are Optus but I'm with Virgin (who uses optus networks...)When I try pressing Network operators in the same tab it finds Telstra, Vodaphone and Optus but not Virgin.\

I have tried wiping cache and dalvik and then booting into OS but not concecutively after each new modem, do I have to do this for modem changes to take effect?

Any help very appreciated. :)

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Hi Guys I've just upgraded from Jellybean to a KitKat port (Revolutionary S5) and am having trouble making calls and using mobile data.
The phone will read serial number and IMEI fine but just says "Emergency Calls Only" and "Not registered with network" when I try and call someone.

I have tried installing MG2 MG4 MH1 and MJ3 basebands but all of these keep returning the same result as above.

On my phone the baseband reads I9300XXDLID, Kernel 3.0.31-2454463 and build JSS15J.I9300XXUGNB6
I don't know if it helps but in Access Point Names all the networks are Optus but I'm with Virgin (who uses optus networks...)When I try pressing Network operators in the same tab it finds Telstra, Vodaphone and Optus but not Virgin.\

I have tried wiping cache and dalvik and then booting into OS but not concecutively after each new modem, do I have to do this for modem changes to take effect?

Any help very appreciated. :)

Your efs maybe corrupt (only maybe) but my first port of call would be to look up your apn settings for virgin then inputting them into your phone.Then my second choice would be basebands (which I know you have tried) how did you install the basebands?.. There are other options but try your apn settings first.:)

Edit just checked your baseband is a old baseband you need to install a newer baseband compatible with efs v2 install custom recovery and install one through that..How did you install the basebands above

Last edited: