[Q] Wrong kernel : black screen, no fastboot, no adb, no factory reset

Search This thread

DSwissK

Feb 23, 2011
www.nofox.ch
I rooted the phone properly, then I installed a wrong kernel : hells-Core_b47-kk-CM_anykernel.zip (http://d-h.st/users/hellsgod/?fld_id=28949#files)

The phone doesn't boot up anymore, no fastboot, no adb, no hard factory reset. The only thing I can do is connect it to linux and send dd commands. I tried to push a new boot.img through that way but it didn't change anything. (I followed this guide : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142 with another boot.img obviously)

In Windows I get the QHSUSB_BULK USB device error.

Anyone could help me out?

Thanks!

DSwissK

Feb 23, 2011
www.nofox.ch

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You guess? You didn't find it here, not in the OnePlus One section. My guess is you wandered into the N4 subforum by mistake. That's one very costly mistake. Unfortunately this is how flashing a kernel that's interned for an entirely different device usually ends. If you know it's for the Nexus, why on earth would you flash it on your OnePlus One?

Transmitted via Bacon

Reactions: Mohdsultan

DSwissK

Feb 23, 2011
www.nofox.ch
You guess? You didn't find it here, not in the OnePlus One section. My guess is you wandered into the N4 subforum by mistake. That's one very costly mistake. Unfortunately this is how flashing a kernel that's interned for an entirely different device usually ends. If you know it's for the Nexus, why on earth would you flash it on your OnePlus One?

Transmitted via Bacon

By "here" I meant in xdadevelopers forums. I know it's a mistake. And at that time I didn't know it was ONLY for nexus. Any idea how to unbork it?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I just noticed that it's showing up as QHSUSB_BULK on your PC, you're bricked. I believe the only possible solution is to have a jtag repair done on it. But, you're probably gonna have a hard time finding someone that does jtag repairs on this phone.

All in all, you've learned a really important (and expensive) lesson here. XDA is made up of device-specific sections, when you own a device you absolutely must stay within your device's subforum.

Transmitted via Bacon

Last edited:

DSwissK

Feb 23, 2011
www.nofox.ch
I just noticed that it's showing up as QHSUSB_BULK on your PC, you're bricked. I believe the only possible solution is to have a jtag repair done on it. But, you're probably gonna have a hard time finding someone that does jtag repairs on this phone.

All in all, you've learned a really important (and expensive) lesson here. XDA is made up of device-specific sections, when you own a device you absolutely must stay within your device's subforum.

Transmitted via Bacon

Maybe I could try push recovery.img from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2780894 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT 1/29/2015
    I am leaving the original post below the line, however please be advised that I created a new forum thread with updated instructions and workarounds for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users. This thread is located at: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-unbrick-oneplus-one-t3013732
    =====================================================================================================

OK, as promised I wanted to write up more detailed steps on how I unbricked my OPO. First, thanks to all who contributed, found the needed files and solution.

The solution is in fact to download Color.zip from https://mega.co.nz/#!BkpwyYSB!rkYSkFI28vFGuhtsIli-vyDdsb4ZZp1-MX1cLLtaiRo.
    After downloading, unzip the archive.

Next, Windows drivers. If you're like me you've already tried different drivers, including Qualcomm USB drivers for 9006 and 9008. My best advice is to uninstall the drivers you tried. Go to Device Manager, right click on the bricked USB device (QHSUSB_BULK or Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008) and go to Properties, click on Driver, then select Uninstall. Check the box to remove driver files, if prompted. Then, go to the extracted Color.zip folder and find Driver.iso. Extract Driver.iso. Inside the extracted folder find Setup.exe. Run Setup.exe to install the drivers. The installer is Chinese, but all you need to do is click through.

Second note about drivers if that I had the worst time trying to get things to work on my Windows 7 computers. Both Windows 7 and 8 block unsigned driver installations. I've tried overwriting these settings and spent half a day messing with it, and I never go the next steps to work properly. I ended up trying installing the drivers from Setup.exe and the following steps on my Windows 2003 server and things worked properly first time. I am not saying that you won't get this to work on Window 7 or 8, but if you're having troubles try Windows XP, that might make a difference.

Anyway, once you have the drivers straightened out, connect your phone to the computer, start it up by holding VolUp + Power to about 10 seconds, and let the computer do its thing. Don't install drivers if they are not installed by itself. Instead launch Msm8974DownloadTool.exe. It will scan all the COM ports and find the phone. That's the one line that looks different in the list. The list is just a list of your com devices. If you unplug the phone and move it to another port, or computer, it will show your bricked phone on a different line. There is no reason to click in or select at lines, the program knows where the phone is.

Clicking on "Enum" just rescans the busses. Clicking the big square button in upper right corner scans the phone and reports what's good and what's not. It takes a minute for the scan to finish.

If you don't see your devices, try unplugging/plugging in your phone a couple times, and rebooting it with VolUP + Power (hold 10 seconds). You will see it in Device Manager as well.

Anyway, once you see the phone in the list, click Start. You should see the programs starts writing different files to the phone. Each time it writes a file you'll see a progress bar. Once this is going you know you will be good to go... After all files are written, the line with your device will turn green. You're good, unplug and reboot your phone to ColorOS.

If there is a problems flashing the device, the line will turn Red. That's what I was getting on my Windows 7 after like 3 seconds after clicking Start. After moving to Windows 2003, everything worked like a charm.

Once you're on ColorOS and want to go to Cyanogenmod 11S, you have a few options. The easiest way if to use a toolkit from http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/development/oneplus-one-toolkit-manudroid19-gui-t2807418, or you can download an image manually from: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-return-opo-to-100-stock-t2826541 and run the following commands in fastboot mode:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash cache cache.img
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
    fastboot flash dbi sdi.mbn
    fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
    fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
    fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
    fastboot flash LOGO logo.bin

Make sure you have the proper image. I accidentally installed the 16GB version on my 64GB OPO first time and obviously didn't get 64GB of space.

That's about it. I think if people are still having problems then it's likely due to drivers, or Windows 7/8 issue. If you're still getting stuck, let me know, I'll see if I can help.
    Unbricked mine which was in "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008"

I bricked my OPO today, it was shown as Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in the device manager of my computer.

YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Steps to unbrick (only if you are in 9008 mode) :
    1. Download: []https://mega.co.nz/#!BkpwyYSB!rkYSkFI28vFGuhtsIli-vyDdsb4ZZp1-MX1cLLtaiRo[]
    2. Open: Msm8974DownloadTool.exe
    3. One line should look a bit different then the other (in my picture you cannot see this cause mine is not in 9008 mode)
    4. Select the line looking different and click start.
    5. If there is no other looking line unplug your phone and press Vol+ & Power for about 10 seconds. After this replug your phone. And one line should look different.
    After this you are on ColorOS search the oneplus forums for introductions returning to cm.

PS: I cannot guarantee that it will work and that your device will brick harder ^^. For me it worked.
    Hi @os_man,

I can help you to find the 3 files you need .....

Promise us that you will teach us in details (step by step with image) , how to recover hard bricked 1+1 using QPST.
    ok?

here you will find the 3 required files...

Open the xml and you will find the partition details and mapping...

Go there
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-official-4-3-coloros-v-2-0-0_beta.79203/

Download the file ..
    https://mega.co.nz/#!BkpwyYSB!rkYSkFI28vFGuhtsIli-vyDdsb4ZZp1-MX1cLLtaiRo
    807.3MB

View attachment 2900345

The exe Msm8974DownloadTool.exe might help , but I can not understand the Chinese lang

View attachment 2900361

@timmaaa, kindly help him to use QPST to solve this issue, If he get success, we can learn a new thing from him...
    Thanks

Of course i will, like i said i recovered a lenovo k910 before (qualcomm snapdragon 800) exactly in same position (blank screen, no lights, no bootloader, no fasboot) but i had all the necessary files like i said, now my opo is in qdloader mode 9008 too ( or 9006, not much a diffrent, 9006 is messed up partition table ). Let me start to work tomorrow (tonight im dealing with the encryted imei of oppo 7). I wish everything goes ok and i recover opo too, the knowledge after to share with who needs, promise. And Thank you.
    find me these 3 files, ill help you to recover your opo (mines too), opo should send us those files ( as moppo does it for find series)

MPRG8974.mbn
    patch0.xml
    rawprogram0.xml

All the other files , images i already have in my backups.
    And dont be so sorry, you flashed wrong kernel, ok it was a mistake, but many had their phones in 9008 too, they just wanted to return to color od from that silly cm rom's. Mine is dead too (has the diag port still, thank God), opo should, "must" even send us those files, the rest is on me,
    Greetings.

WRONG INFORMATION !
    Web is full of info how to recover from 9008 mode with the right files of course, why you keep saying that ???

Hi @os_man,

I can help you to find the 3 files you need .....

Promise us that you will teach us in details (step by step with image) , how to recover hard bricked 1+1 using QPST.
    ok?

here you will find the 3 required files...

Open the xml and you will find the partition details and mapping...

Go there
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-official-4-3-coloros-v-2-0-0_beta.79203/

Download the file ..
    https://mega.co.nz/#!BkpwyYSB!rkYSkFI28vFGuhtsIli-vyDdsb4ZZp1-MX1cLLtaiRo
    807.3MB

color_os_official_opo.jpg

The exe Msm8974DownloadTool.exe might help , but I can not understand the Chinese lang

Msm8974DownloadTool.jpg

Yeah you can recover, with a jtag. If you know how to do it without jtagging the device please enlighten us.

Transmitted via Bacon
    @timmaaa, kindly help him to use QPST to solve this issue, If he get success, we can learn a new thing from him...
    Thanks

Transmitted via Bacon