[HARD BRICK Fixed] - I9205 Make your debrick.img and have it on extSdCard by security

Search This thread

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
First of all see the case from @shazzl - HERE. Brick i9205 solved.

We must have our debrick.img on extSdCard to caution if we brick our phone. This is made from pit.file like we see on updater_script from the .zip (partition mmcblk0).

Download the .zip attached, flash it in your preferred recovery (CWM or TWRP) and it will create the dump file needed for this debrick method from @KAsp3rd See it HERE. Thanks @[B]KAsp3rd[/B]

Once you have flashed it you will find a file called debrick.img on your internal sdcard. It should be 128MB in size. Copy it to extSdCard and to Your Pc.

For a I9205 bricked We can use the method from @KAsp3rd, used by @shazzl. Thanks by Your guide.

I created already my Sdcard prepared by Win32DiskImager from Windows option.

See also THIS help from @DocHoliday77. Thanks @DocHoliday77.
Replace T999 by Your phone name.

Make that, take care.

PS: If You upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3 make new debrick.img. The contents inside pit.file can have differences.

EDIT: New HARD BRICK fixed on one Note 3 N9005 4.4.2 Kitkat. Whit success, see it HERE.

Attachments

• I9205-Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick.zip
    378.7 KB · Views: 13,958
Last edited:

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Replaced the titre to:

[HARD-BRICK Fixed] I9205 Make your debrick.img and have it on extSdCard by security

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Hi..how can i make this debrick.img file out of the .pit file for the i527m mega or get the partial sys dump files, as it does not explain on how to make the partial sys dump files..could somebody shed some light on this part..thanks. ;)

Last edited:

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Hi..how can i make this debrick.img file out of the .pit file for the i527m mega or get the partial sys dump files, as it does not explain on how to make the partial sys dump files..could somebody shed some light on this part..thanks. ;)

Just flash the zip file from recovery. That's all you need to do. Then use windiskimage to write the image to a sdcard.

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Just flash the zip file from recovery. That's all you need to do. Then use windiskimage to write the image to a sdcard.
Hi..that part i knew, it is making the partial system dump files from the .pit file is were i am kinda lost on..unless it is not made from the .pit file, the META-INF folder and dd file...thanks for replying. ;)

Last edited:

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
The debrick.IMG is the dump file.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
I am still confused then as i thought you use the I9200-Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick or I9205-Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick to flash with the recovery to get the debrick.img file, but how do you make these I9200-Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick or I9205-Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick files that have this META-INF folder (with the update-binary and updater-script are in) and dd file inside the zip file, in my case for the i527m..thanks. :good:

Last edited:

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
pit file location ( mmcblk0 ) is the same for all samsung phones afaik.

Don't get confused by the zip file names. All it does is this.

run_program("/tmp/dd", "if=/dev/block/mmcblk0", "of=/sdcard/debrick.img", "bs=1M", "count=128");;

Last edited:

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
pit file location ( mmcblk0 ) is the same for all samsung phones afaik.

Don't get confused by the zip file names. All it does is this.

run_program("/tmp/dd", "if=/dev/block/mmcblk0", "of=/sdcard/debrick.img", "bs=1M", "count=128");;
Okay kinda getting it..what program do i use to run that command, do i use the shell terminal emulator program on the phone for this or can i use the I9205-Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick zip file to make my debrick.img file for my i527m as i just tried it and it made a debrick.img file, but will it work for the i527m mega. ;)

Last edited:

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Okay kinda getting it..what program do i use to run that command, do i use the shell terminal emulator program on the phone for this or can i use the I9205-Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick zip file to make my debrick.img file for my i527m as i just tried it and it made a debrick.img file, but will it work for the i527m mega. ;)
I tried on Terminal Emulator, not work for me.

The original Mod is This: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45725480&postcount=45 Thanks @DocHoliday77

After have looked the updater_script from .zip I only replace the name T999 to I9205 or N9005 or I9195, but the Mod is always the same:

package_extract_file("dd", "/tmp/dd");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/dd");
ui_print("Data Dump running...");

delete("/tmp/dd");

PS: You can rename Your to i527m-Partial_Sys_..... no problems, must work also. Or use the T999... is same.

Last edited:
Reactions: starmaster10

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
I tried on Terminal Emulator, not work for me.

The original Mod is This: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45725480&postcount=45 Thanks @DocHoliday77

After have looked the updater_script from .zip I only replace the name T999 to I9205 or N9005 or I9195, but the Mod is always the same:

package_extract_file("dd", "/tmp/dd");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/dd");
ui_print("Data Dump running...");

delete("/tmp/dd");

PS: You can rename Your to i527m-Partial_Sys_..... no problems, must be work also. Or use the T999... is same.
Thank you for clearing that up as I thought I could just rename the file as it is the same for all samsung phones..:D

Sent from my SGH-I527M Mega 6.3

Mukiai

Aug 3, 2012
www.facebook.com
please help

@ValenteL, here is the thread where I've exposed my problems.

To make short, my phone harbricked, @Silesh.Nair drove me to solution (by you and @shazzl). But I stuck in Odin with this : I MISS pit file. Could you help me please? Where can I found this file, and what to do with?

I quote me :) :
so I've test with your file but doesn't work. I've also tried with the one in the thread , nothing too.
In fact the phone boot but not totaly as it's supposed to do. I press power button then vibrate and then the logo doesn't appear but there is this screen :

Code:
[COLOR="Lime"]BOOT RECOVERY MODE[/COLOR]
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS. .
COPY FROM T-FLASH. .
WRITE 139008 sectors. .
[COLOR="Red"]FLASH WRITE FAILURE[/COLOR]
ddi : mmc_read failed
[COLOR="red"]ODIN MODE[/COLOR]
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9205
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
[COLOR="Gray"]QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 1[/COLOR]

----------------------------------------

I can't go into any mode (download or recovery), just boot to the screen above.
I've tried to "ODIN" a firmware ( I9205XXUAMG7_I9205XEFAMG1_I9205XXUAMG5_HOME.tar.md5 that I had on pc ) : when plug phone it tells me "added" with blue item (so normal no :) ? ), *.md5 = good analysis. But when I click on start it tells me that I miss PIT file

Exactly what says by odin:
Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9205ZHUCML4_I9205ZZHCML4_I9205ZHUCML4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> 
<ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

and on phone it writes this following previous tag :
Code:
MMC: mmc_read fail
[COLOR="Red"]ODIN : flash read failure[/COLOR]

Last edited:

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
@ValenteL, here is the thread where I've exposed my problems.

Hi @Mukiai
I have here my pit file attached-2 created whit cmd attached-1 for I9205, and I made it on XX Rom. But You try to flash one ZH, differente regions. I don't know if it work.
You have also the PIT analyzes where you see the inside from Pit file. (Identifier is the partition number).

I never tried this, but if You need try on Odin in PIT. Try this at Your responsibility, alright?

I hope this help to solve Your problem.

PS: The cmd attached-1 is only to devices until 16 GB.

EDIT: I retourned to Your post and You have There is no PIT partition. It seem that is the partition that not exist and not the Pit file.
Try that but if not work may be the partition must be created. For that I unknown how we must make. May be using a debrick.img???

I had a same case on N8000 about partition efs deleted, it must been created before include the efs files. Have HERE my case. I don't know if some Dev's can help like this example for efs on Post #4. May be @Silesh.Nair can help. Thanks.

You have here my debrick.img : https://meocloud.pt/link/a4d65b2a-2a55-4983-8b69-446b137a1d93/I9205-debrick.img.tar/

Attachments

• Extrair-Pit-file.jpg
    Extrair-Pit-file.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 217
  • I9205.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 2,579
  • PIT_Analysis_on-I9205-4.2.2.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,697
Last edited:
Reactions: Mukiai

Mukiai

Aug 3, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hi @Mukiai
I have here my pit file attached-2 created whit cmd attached-1 for I9205, and I made it on XX Rom. But You try to flash one ZH, differente regions. I don't know if it work.
You have also the PIT analyzes where you see the inside from Pit file. (Identifier is the partition number).

I never tried this, but if You need try on Odin in PIT. Try this at Your responsibility, alright?

I hope this help to solve Your problem.

PS: The cmd attached-1 is only to devices until 16 GB.

EDIT: I retourned to Your post and You have There is no PIT partition. It seem that is the partition that not exist and not the Pit file.
Try that but if not work may be the partition must be created. For that I unknown how we must make. May be using a debrick.img???

I had a same case on N8000 about partition efs deleted, it must been created before include the efs files. Have HERE my case. I don't know if some Dev's can help like this example for efs on Post #4. May be @Silesh.Nair can help. Thanks.

You have here my debrick.img : https://meocloud.pt/link/a4d65b2a-2a55-4983-8b69-446b137a1d93/I9205-debrick.img.tar/

Thanks,

I will try this.
:) @Silesh.Nair drive me to you ;) and you drive me to him. and @shazzl help too. So normally all have to be fine.

Mukiai

Aug 3, 2012
www.facebook.com
Give me feed back about You make. I hope You safe Your Mega.

Good luck.

No problem ;) . For now i'm waiting the end of download of a cml1 firmware from sammobile. Again 1 or 2hours.

I've test with others firmware on my pc, but no luck for now.
Is my procedure good ? :
debrick.img on microsd with win32. (here the result on my sd). Then put my sd in phone , then battery, then power button.
after my phone boot on the screen I've describe in my previous post
Code:
[COLOR="Lime"]BOOT RECOVERY MODE
[.....] 
[COLOR="Gray"]BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 1[/COLOR][/COLOR]
run Odin
plug my phone ("added" with blue image)
add Pit file on PIT (tick re-partition)
add firmware on PDA (wait ;))
Start

My tries are with both Odin v3.0.7 and v3.0.9 and two different cables.

I'm waiting CML1 to try like you and @shazzl, but waiting the end of download, I've tried with CML4 and two others, no luck.
For ZHUCML4
Odin:
Code:
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004> 
<ID:0/004> Re-Partition operation failed.
Phone:
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]PIT FAIL : TOTAL SECTORS (0)[/COLOR]

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

with CML1 on odin v3.0.7

Odin :
Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9205XXUCML1_I9205OXXCML2_I9205XXUCML1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.

Phone :
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]PIT FAIL : TOTAL SECTORS (0)
ODIN : flash read failure[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Reactions: GioBasi

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Is it normal that after use win32 item , the properties of my sd says that the size is in mb (near 16 mb are free and 47 mb are usedand capacity total 64mb : a deep hole from 16gb???? )?

It's normal. The sdcard have 17 partitions but the windows only see the first from 64 MB. 16 are hidden for windows.

You can see them on Control Panel / Admnistrative Tools / Computer Management / Storage / Disk Management (local) ...
and here You see the sdcard, may be F: whit 17 partitions.

Power off on Mega, put the sdcard, Power and must be something to work on it. It write the first 128 MB from emmc, pit file included. And use the guide from @shazzl .

Here I can't help more because I never had a hard brick and not make all process. I made only the sdcard to debrick and analyzed it on Pc.

Phone :
Code:

It is not good this. 0 sectors on PIT ???

See the guide from @shazzl to debrick:

1. If your phone only detected QHSUSB_DLOAD follow this guide.

2.1. Download Win32DiskImager
2.2 Download debrik.img thank to @ValenteL for the file.
2.3 Unzip both items and run win32diskimager
2.4 Select Image File debrick.img
2.5 Select Device ( put your sdcard in 16gb or 32bg )
2.6 Click write ( note this will format your sdcard plz backup your data )
2.7 After finish put your sdcard to your phone. you will se a magical your phone will boot.

3.1 After it boot turn off the phone and go to download mod.
3.2 Open odin and flash the stock frameware ( i flash I9205XXUCML1 )

4. After boot go to setting, more storage and format your sdcard

Last edited:
Reactions: cdurex and Mukiai

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all see the case from @shazzl - HERE. Brick i9205 solved.

We must have our debrick.img on extSdCard to caution if we brick our phone. This is made from pit.file like we see on updater_script from the .zip (partition mmcblk0).

Download the .zip attached, flash it in your preferred recovery (CWM or TWRP) and it will create the dump file needed for this debrick method from @KAsp3rd See it HERE. Thanks @[B]KAsp3rd[/B]

Once you have flashed it you will find a file called debrick.img on your internal sdcard. It should be 128MB in size. Copy it to extSdCard and to Your Pc.

For a I9205 bricked We can use the method from @KAsp3rd, used by @shazzl. Thanks by Your guide.

I created already my Sdcard prepared by Win32DiskImager from Windows option.

See also THIS help from @DocHoliday77. Thanks @DocHoliday77.
    Replace T999 by Your phone name.

Make that, take care.

PS: If You upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3 make new debrick.img. The contents inside pit.file can have differences.

EDIT: New HARD BRICK fixed on one Note 3 N9005 4.4.2 Kitkat. Whit success, see it HERE.
    Hope it will boot...:):)

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app

Hope too. But anyway thanks to you three for having help me .
    When i brick my fone im on stock but you are on liquitsmoth...

You should try to ask help from the last rom you are on to flash the brick.img creator, then send the brick.img... this will help i think..

This because the mount point from the rom are difrent from stock...

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app

ok i'll ask them. Big thanks again ;)
    when i reboot my mega with debrick sd
    My opinion for now. On post #15 You had There is no PIT partition, then this partition not exist for me.
    When the debrick.img want write something on PIT partition it can't because not encounter where write. It FAIL.

In this case the PIT partition must be created. How? I don't know. It's a work for some Dev's or Samsung.
    Is it normal that after use win32 item , the properties of my sd says that the size is in mb (near 16 mb are free and 47 mb are usedand capacity total 64mb : a deep hole from 16gb???? )?

It's normal. The sdcard have 17 partitions but the windows only see the first from 64 MB. 16 are hidden for windows.

You can see them on Control Panel / Admnistrative Tools / Computer Management / Storage / Disk Management (local) ...
    and here You see the sdcard, may be F: whit 17 partitions.

Power off on Mega, put the sdcard, Power and must be something to work on it. It write the first 128 MB from emmc, pit file included. And use the guide from @shazzl .

Here I can't help more because I never had a hard brick and not make all process. I made only the sdcard to debrick and analyzed it on Pc.

Phone :
    Code:

It is not good this. 0 sectors on PIT ???

See the guide from @shazzl to debrick:

1. If your phone only detected QHSUSB_DLOAD follow this guide.

2.1. Download Win32DiskImager
    2.2 Download debrik.img thank to @ValenteL for the file.
    2.3 Unzip both items and run win32diskimager
    2.4 Select Image File debrick.img
    2.5 Select Device ( put your sdcard in 16gb or 32bg )
    2.6 Click write ( note this will format your sdcard plz backup your data )
    2.7 After finish put your sdcard to your phone. you will se a magical your phone will boot.

3.1 After it boot turn off the phone and go to download mod.
    3.2 Open odin and flash the stock frameware ( i flash I9205XXUCML1 )

4. After boot go to setting, more storage and format your sdcard