[Q] Unrooted Galaxy Tab 2 P5113, boot loop, can't presently install recovery utility

Search This thread

tylerbud

Jan 21, 2014
Hello,

I've a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 that I've had for more than a year.

Recently, in the last few weeks, it's developed a boot loop. In my many attempts to fix this, I've tried to put the samsung factory fresh ROM in it (P5113XACCLK7_XAC) that didn't work using ODIN 1.85, Heimdall, and never could get a good connection with Kies. I've tried to install different recovery utilities (Philz, CWM, recovery-clockwork, etc). When it boots into recovery mode, it shows the android robot and then an 'installing package' message briefly followed by a dead-android robot with a red warning sign with a 'command not found' error.

In the Android System Recovery <3e> mode, when I clear cache partition .. I get the same dead-robot error graphic with 'Error' as the message and the tablet goes back into boot-loop. When I select 'wipe data/factory reset' .. I get the same dead-robot error with the 'No Command' error message and it goes back into the Android System Recovery menu.

This tablet is behaving as if it has an unwritable file system..

Right now, I'd do just about anything to get this back to normal ROM.

Suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Tyler

Reactions: MyCrazyTimes

cwyman

Nov 25, 2010
Hello,

Recently, in the last few weeks, it's developed a boot loop. In my many attempts to fix this, I've tried to put the samsung factory fresh ROM in it (P5113XACCLK7_XAC) that didn't work using ODIN 1.85, Heimdall, and never could get a good connection with Kies. I've tried to install different recovery utilities (Philz, CWM, recovery-clockwork, etc). When it boots into recovery mode, it shows the android robot and then an 'installing package' message briefly followed by a dead-android robot with a red warning sign with a 'command not found' error.

In the Android System Recovery <3e> mode, when I clear cache partition .. I get the same dead-robot error graphic with 'Error' as the message and the tablet goes back into boot-loop. When I select 'wipe data/factory reset' .. I get the same dead-robot error with the 'No Command' error message and it goes back into the Android System Recovery menu.

Suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Tyler

I am not sure if this will work for you but Odin v1.85 never worked for my P5110. I had to use Odin v3.07.

tylerbud

Jan 21, 2014
I am not sure if this will work for you but Odin v1.85 never worked for my P5110. I had to use Odin v3.07.

Alright.. I've got that version as well.. let me give it a whirl...

Output of ODIN 3.07

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> P5113UECLK7_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> boot.img
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> cache.img
<ID:0/005> hidden.img
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> system.img
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

any other suggestions?

The French Tickl3r

May 19, 2013
Montreal
Hello,

Suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Tyler

im having the same issue.. did you ever find a solution?

MyCrazyTimes

Nov 11, 2013
Hello,

Suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Tyler

Tyler, I see that your last post was back in April, and although I'm fairly certain what your answer will be, I'd be remiss if I didn't ask anyway. Were you able to resolve this problem? If so, would you mind sharing the steps you took in your process? I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5113), and out of nowhere it performed a reboot and it has been looping ever since.

This has happened a couple times in the past two years I've owned the device and with my very limited knowledge regarding ROMs, flashing or rooting, I found my way to the System Recover Menu and was able to select the option to reset the tablet to factory settings. The system began the process of erasing the data and once it was complete I was able to reboot the tablet and everything worked just like new.

The process I just described has been successful for me twice before. So, yesterday when the tablet began it's reboot loop I attempted to perform the same steps as I had done in the past. This time, however, when I tried to enter the System Recovery Menu, "No Command" appeared beneath an unhealthy looking green android fellow. Whenever I attempt to select and run one of the options in the Recovery menu the command will fail and give an error.

I've been searching and reading threads all day trying to understand what is happening. Your OP has been the only one I've come across so far that resembles what I'm experiencing. Keeping my fingers crossed you may be able to provide some insight at least.

Thanks so much!

Joel

Reactions: DeanGibson

DeanGibson

Apr 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
Boot loop

After I installed v4.2.2 shortly after release, I didn't like a few things (including some instability), so I went back to v4.1.1 using Odin, which at that time did the job. A few months later I reinstalled v4.2.2, and shortly after that, I noticed that Samsung pushed a significant sized patch to v4.2.2, and the instability stopped.

Sometime later, I tried again to go back to v4.1.1. Odin installed the prior version successfully, but then I entered a boot loop. I used Odin to reinstall v4.2.2, and all was well again.

No matter how many times I've tried to go back to v4.1.1, I now can't; I get the boot loop. However, I can always reinstall v4.2.2 with success. I suspect that the Samsung v4.2.2 patch changed something that now prevents going back to v4.1.1.

I don't know if this helps, but I thought I'd throw it out.

Last edited:

Poppypopface

Sep 10, 2018
I have tried 7 different methods to fix from safe mode to factory resetting Google

Please help.
I have the exact same issue and have tried (safe mode. Uninstalling most of apps and factory reset play store.)
I can use my partners hot spot and never reboots.
WHY?
Please some1 who can help me with this exact problem please help.
Samsung galaxy tab2 10.1
Hello,

Suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Tyler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Tyler
    Hello,

Suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Tyler

Tyler, I see that your last post was back in April, and although I'm fairly certain what your answer will be, I'd be remiss if I didn't ask anyway. Were you able to resolve this problem? If so, would you mind sharing the steps you took in your process? I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5113), and out of nowhere it performed a reboot and it has been looping ever since.

This has happened a couple times in the past two years I've owned the device and with my very limited knowledge regarding ROMs, flashing or rooting, I found my way to the System Recover Menu and was able to select the option to reset the tablet to factory settings. The system began the process of erasing the data and once it was complete I was able to reboot the tablet and everything worked just like new.

The process I just described has been successful for me twice before. So, yesterday when the tablet began it's reboot loop I attempted to perform the same steps as I had done in the past. This time, however, when I tried to enter the System Recovery Menu, "No Command" appeared beneath an unhealthy looking green android fellow. Whenever I attempt to select and run one of the options in the Recovery menu the command will fail and give an error.

I've been searching and reading threads all day trying to understand what is happening. Your OP has been the only one I've come across so far that resembles what I'm experiencing. Keeping my fingers crossed you may be able to provide some insight at least.

Thanks so much!

Joel