News about current circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
First of all people always forget that this a forum.of free collaboration and without respect it can't work. This is the second time it happens against trip's work, it's a Shame and we loose a great dev.

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-IRIS using XDA App

The coin as always has two sides:
have you seen any other dev's thread causing this much trouble
around here? That has to indicate something.
Respect should be mutual. Trip should be held accountable for his actions,
no matter how good a developer he is.
I really don't understand why people refuse to acknowledge this.

ImS0Raw

Nov 3, 2010
The coin as always has two sides:
have you seen any other dev's thread causing this much trouble
around here? That has to indicate something.
Respect should be mutual. Trip should be held accountable for his actions,
no matter how good a developer he is.
I really don't understand why people refuse to acknowledge this.

Trip would not be pissed like this if some trolls didn't act the way they did.

This discussion will never end.. We are in condition that trip already gone from this forum... Lets finish this discussion now... lets hope some other Dev will provide ROM equalant to trip ROM ... Till then I am on tripnmiui 2.3.4 aka gingerbread...

Regards

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI using Tapatalk

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Trip would not be pissed like this if some trolls didn't act the way they did.

The rules are clear about that: if there are trolls, you report them.
You do not sink to their level and start insulting and threatening.
Every time there was a bad troll, Trip became a 10x worst troll to his own thread.
His self-destructiveness was obvious to any objective observer.
He brought everything to himself and that is sad.

Besides, trust me, Trip was not only pissed at trolls.
He was upset when someone said that something doesn't work,
he was particularly upset at Cobrato, who -God forbid!-
offered his help by providing fixes.
His baseband patch was widely used by many members, including me, for months.
If it weren't for that I wouldn't be able to send an SMS longer than 160 characters,
as baseband .49 was malfunctioning on my phone. I need baseband .54+
thus if it weren't for that patch, I wouldn't be using Trip's ROM at all.
I know for a fact that this was the case for many users.
And then in his latest release, keyboard and WiFi didn't work and Cobrato rightly
pointed out that if these two don't function, you can't really test the ROM
(you can't login to your Google Account, you can't write an SMS, you can't browse the internet, etc etc...).

And here comes the most interesting part... Trip is now "allowing" users to use Cobrato's fix (post #244),
he even encourages it, so that he can have time to work on his GB ROM.

Now, that was what Cobrato wanted from the start, right?
To help him with something minor so that he can be focused on his big updates.

So, I believe that common sense is against Trip's behavior once again.

Last edited:
Reactions: kantk20111

Tony84

Apr 28, 2008
Bex (Switzerland) But I'm Italian
Yes cause he was showing a great amount of respect by calling people gayboy wasn't he

You're right, he also didn't show respect to others, that's right, BUT he wouldn't have started if some people showed a little bit of intelligence and education first to him. It's normal then that a guy can become a little bit angry, no?
And after that all kind of words are said from both the sides, but it's a consequence of who has started.
Saying so I don't wonna defend anyone, but it's 2 times that this happens because of certain people.

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
You're right, he also didn't show respect to others, that's right, BUT he wouldn't have started if some people showed a little bit of intelligence and education first to him. It's normal then that a guy can become a little bit angry, no?
And after that all kind of words are said from both the sides, but it's a consequence of who has started.
Saying so I don't wonna defend anyone, but it's 2 times that this happens because of certain people.

If you read my post above yours, you'll see that Trip did not get angry only
at "un-intelligent and un-educated" members, like you say.
And we can't really know who started it, because his fanboys were always
speaking ill of anyone who wasn't praising Trip as our lord and saviour. :p
So, either it was Trip, either the fans, either the trolls, with him out, problem solved. Unfortunately, it was the only way.

-PiLoT-

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 17, 2008
Jefferson, SD

i agree he can get angry. however the rules say he is to report those trolls. so what you mean is thats two times he reacted stupidly to asinine comments

if hes so intelligent, why didnt he report to the moderators like the rules state he has to

Nagarebozhi

Dec 11, 2010
i agree he can get angry. however the rules say he is to report those trolls. so what you mean is thats two times he reacted stupidly to asinine comments

if hes so intelligent, why didnt he report to the moderators like the rules state he has to

I have reported severals trolls, but mods doesn't react agsinst them. I see them keep flaming others without mods do ANYTHING about it.

So whats the point to report this trolls?

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-IRIS using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tony84

Apr 28, 2008
Bex (Switzerland) But I'm Italian

yes what you say is true, it could be finished in 5 seconds doing like this..
ok now let's close the discussion, what is done is done ^^

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Can we seriously not keep one single thread going for more than an hour without people flaming or trolling?

First person to swear, troll, flame, or otherwise break the rules has earned a 6 month vacation...

Go on... I dare you.

Mister J

Mar 6, 2011
Can we seriously not keep one single thread going for more than an hour without people flaming or trolling?

First person to swear, troll, flame, or otherwise break the rules has earned a 6 month vacation...

Go on... I dare you.

Please, I'm just a boy!!!!

Seriously though, Trip is a great developer, and I think he has had a ban long overdue. I actually stopped using his rom due to his attitude and disrespect to other members.

BUT please, someone tell me they found out how trip did his little tweaks and such? His roms had AWESOME battery life and was smooth. Did any dev find out what he was doing right? He had very well built roms, and its a shame he had the maturity of a 12 year old girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been "attacked" by Trip and fanboys one too many times these past few months
    and you could easily see that I NEVER used foul language in any of my posts.
    And the reason is that, above all, I respect myself too much to sink that low.
    All I did was report bugs in a discreet way -no whining or bashing-
    and there are even a number of posts where I positively express my appreciation for Trip's skills.

What I never liked, or understood for that matter, was the "You are god Trip, I love you" posts.
    To be fair, if I were in Trip's shoes, maybe I would act arrogantly too,
    with all those members feeding my ego.
    All I am saying is that this is a development community,
    which, in my point of view, means 2 things:
    1) development, of course 2) bug reporting.
    No one should be insulted for pointing out that something does not work or for providing a probable fix
    to help the developer and the community.

And again, even though Trip's ROMs were great and popular,
    he was not the hand that fed XDA, as someone said earlier.
    There are millions of users and developers here, so this statement just can't be true.
    And more specifically in the X10 forums, much before Trip even registered as a user,
    recognised developers like J, Z and Bin4ry (I'm sure I'm forgetting some, so please forgive me),
    who never threw tantrums or gathered an army of blood-thirsty fans around them,
    achieved root after months of trial and error, discovered the exploit that made xrecovery possible and so much more.
    Without them none of Trip's work would be even remotely doable.
    And in further extend, outside our community, have you seen Cyanogen swearing and insulting
    any of the thousands of users who report bugs -and not always in a constructive or polite manner?
    Aren't there hundreds of ROMs based on his work? Have you ever once seen him throwing an ego-manic tantrum?

Anyway, long story short, my point is that Trip was not the corner-stone of X10 community.
    It's certainly sad that he left and discontinued his contributions here,
    his work was in many ways unique and admirable, but sometimes with his attitude, it just wasn't worth it after all.

Again, please, correct me if I am wrong.
    an idea, or suggestion, but...

i [read no one of importance] think this would be an opportune time to clean things up in the different forums, maybe enforce a general guideline for devs in thread naming and structure, maybe eliminate some of the stickies that are no longer needed [ie 2.1 after effects and 2.1 rom coming soon, petition for froyo, etc] so more important stickies don't get lost in sticky land [ie forum rules/guidelines].

i think with some structure and uniform, people wouldn't be so quick with the "create another thread about gingerbread coming" mentality.

just a suggestion and in no way telling anyone how to moderate their forum.

ill be getting round to this later today
    Guys, the mods also know how to deal with these things.

Something realllly bad must have gone on last night. Let's not jump to assumptions.
    The mods are experienced and unbiased, they know what's right, TripnHaters (see what I did there?) must have really gone against each other bad.

Trip's attitude might have been terrible as well. We all know he can become like that, and I know that he has the capability of insulting and degrading every other person but him in this forum, including devs.

So let's not attack/defend any side until the mods come out with details of what happened last night. Personally I think they should, it should clear things up quite a bit. The mods are mods for a reason, I don't think it's right if everyone here starts blaming the mods for this. They would have done what they did for a reason.
    As some of you may have noticed a few threads have dissappeared in the DEV section

This is because of two reasons, the first being the Developer wanting to leave xda, the second being the sheer level of bad language to be found in them.

I also want to remind everyone that opening a topic to ask a developers to come back is not helpful or wanted, and they are currently being deleted. And those certain members who feel hat they have been wronged and start rom bashing. will be dealt with severely

Please Feel free to PM me or any other mod with a concern

best regards
    PiLoT
    an idea, or suggestion, but...

i [read no one of importance] think this would be an opportune time to clean things up in the different forums, maybe enforce a general guideline for devs in thread naming and structure, maybe eliminate some of the stickies that are no longer needed [ie 2.1 after effects and 2.1 rom coming soon, petition for froyo, etc] so more important stickies don't get lost in sticky land [ie forum rules/guidelines].

i think with some structure and uniform, people wouldn't be so quick with the "create another thread about gingerbread coming" mentality.

just a suggestion and in no way telling anyone how to moderate their forum.