idk what im doing wrong can anyone help me?:confused::(

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I've got a question, I sbf my brothers droid x2 from 2.3.5 to 2.3.4, rooted it and tried to use cm7 system recovery to flash a Rom for him but when I install recovery them try to reboot into recovery, it hangs at the moto logo. Am I doing something wrong??

Sdshadow may now more than me when it comes to the specifics of the recoveries,
But I'm just sliding in in case guy was a bit confused in what he was posting to explain his issue.
Before trying anything else
Were you plugged into an ac outlet via the wall charger that came with the x2?
You MUST be plugged into the wall
It hijacks charge only mode
Press install recovery
Plug into wall
Press.recovery mode
(plugged into computer won't work)
I bring this up because this was the MOST COMMON missed step of all time.especially for people tweaking someone elses device, since no other recovery that i know of requires you to be plugged into a wall charger into an ac outlet

Edit:
Sd.shadow is the man, don't listen to me (if you weren't plugged in, your phone would have just rebooted, not hung at M, SORRY BRO, i shouldn't be trying to help this late after drinks....that's right, ash having drinks, surprising aint it? /s lol)

Last edited:

LordRalh3

Jul 23, 2011
Minnesota
Dont worry ash in the x2 forums your drunken ramblings will always be welcome.

Shadows right, you have to use the standard bsr after the sbf, you don't install the cm7 version until your already in cm9/PA/AOKP etc

From my X2 roaming the north

MiniPilote

Jan 14, 2008
I'm trying to get my X2 back to 2.3.4 from 2.3.5. The link on the OP for 2.3.4 doesn't appear to work. Can someone point me to a correct 2.3.4. SBF?

Thanks

myeweb

Dec 15, 2009
Ok, so after scanning through the SBF thread and a few others and finding instructions all over the place, I decided to bring them all together in one post. Sorry if I don’t mention everybody that contributed these instructions by name but there were a lot of instructions on how to flash the SBF to our phone. You know who you are and I personally thank you and believe everybody else does also.

To begin, download the necessary files and drivers:

Froyo 2.2.2 SBF File

Gingerbread 2.3.3 SBF File

Gingerbread 2.3.4 SBF File

RSD Lite 5.3.1 and Drivers

RSD Lite 5.4.4

1. Reboot your computer and your phone after downloading and installing everything and before you go to flash the SBF file. Use 7-zip to extract the SBF file...

2. Once you have rebooted your computer, go ahead and start RSD Lite and point it at the SBF file and plug your USB cable into your computer ONLY!

3. Turn your phone off.

4. Turn the phone on by pressing and holding the POWER AND VOLUME DOWN buttons until you see FASTBOOT. Press volume down until you reach RSD and press volume up once.

5. Plug your phone into your computer and wait until you see it in RSD Lite and click Start.

6. Your phone will reboot when the process is complete. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM UNTIL THE COMPUTER UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE.

7. If the phone boot loops pull the battery and boot into the stock recovery by pressing and holding power and volume down until the phone says FASTBOOT, once the phone says FASTBOOT, press volume down until you see ANDROID RECOVERY, once you see ANDROID RECOVERY, press BOTH the volume up and the volume down buttons. You will see the familiar triangle with the exclamation point and the Android. At this point press volume up and down simultaneously again and select “wipe data/factory data reset” by pressing the power button.

8. Reboot your phone and you should be back to full factory default, like new out of the box.

If you have any other problem with RSD Lite, try running it as administrator in Win 7/Vista...

Any way we can get new links, as Filesonic is no longer with us...RIP Filesonic.

myeweb

Dec 15, 2009
ok so im obviously doing something wrong...have tried everything and can't get rsd lite versions 4.9, 5.3.1, or 5.4.4 to see my device. Have tried reinstalling drivers and rebooting, but no go. I put phone into RSD mode and press volume up to initialize the protocol, hear my computer's sound for when something is plugged in, but shows nothing in RSD. Help!!! I am running stock OTA 2.3.5 never rooted, and need to get this ball rolling! Any help would be appreciated.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
install MOTOROLA DEVICE (Drivers) MANAGER
or just use
all-in-one ezSBF DX2 2.3.4

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

if driver is not installed correct, when phone is connected and in rsd support,
start>control panel>hardware sound>devices & printers>device manager
may look like this

DX2rsdnodriver_zps8c0628a5.png

if driver is correct should look like
DX2rsd_zps190bbc41.png

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I have also written some instructions here
How To Use RSD Lite

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so after scanning through the SBF thread and a few others and finding instructions all over the place, I decided to bring them all together in one post. Sorry if I don’t mention everybody that contributed these instructions by name but there were a lot of instructions on how to flash the SBF to our phone. You know who you are and I personally thank you and believe everybody else does also.

To begin, download the necessary files and drivers:

Froyo 2.2.2 SBF File

Gingerbread 2.3.3 SBF File

Gingerbread 2.3.4 SBF File

RSD Lite 5.3.1 and Drivers

RSD Lite 5.4.4

1. Reboot your computer and your phone after downloading and installing everything and before you go to flash the SBF file. Use 7-zip to extract the SBF file...

2. Once you have rebooted your computer, go ahead and start RSD Lite and point it at the SBF file and plug your USB cable into your computer ONLY!

3. Turn your phone off.

4. Turn the phone on by pressing and holding the POWER AND VOLUME DOWN buttons until you see FASTBOOT. Press volume down until you reach RSD and press volume up once.

5. Plug your phone into your computer and wait until you see it in RSD Lite and click Start.

6. Your phone will reboot when the process is complete. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM UNTIL THE COMPUTER UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE.

7. If the phone boot loops pull the battery and boot into the stock recovery by pressing and holding power and volume down until the phone says FASTBOOT, once the phone says FASTBOOT, press volume down until you see ANDROID RECOVERY, once you see ANDROID RECOVERY, press BOTH the volume up and the volume down buttons. You will see the familiar triangle with the exclamation point and the Android. At this point press volume up and down simultaneously again and select “wipe data/factory data reset” by pressing the power button.

8. Reboot your phone and you should be back to full factory default, like new out of the box.

If you have any other problem with RSD Lite, try running it as administrator in Win 7/Vista...
    you have a Droid 2 Global
    read http://droid.koumakan.jp/wiki/Welcome
    then post questions here http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=739

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

to be sure, you have a qwerty physical keyboard, yes?

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

if you have D2G a956, you need droid 2 bootstrap
    read http://droid.koumakan.jp/wiki/ClockworkMod_Recovery
    Does anyone have the SBF for 2.3.4? Multiupload is down.
    all SBFs here http://1kds.tk/
    Thank you, very helpful and thanks to everyone involved. Let's get this ball Rollin baby!

Sent from my DROID X2 with that v6 son using XDA Premium App with