[Q] i9505 - Want to root and cwm 4.2.2

Search This thread

mkabani

Jun 7, 2006
Kraków
Hello everyone.
A long time Xda follower (even though i post little).

I recently bought a Galaxy S4 9505 and had a couple of questions. Previously I had the 9300 and modding that was very easy. Now due to the knox bootloader I am a bit confused.

I want basically install the google 4.4.2 rom on my phone. So i know I need to first root my phone and then install a custom recovery. Is this possible on the official 4.4.2 from Germany? Would there be any potential problems I might run in?

Thanks a lot everyone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
If you flash a custom recovery ur warranty will be void (KNOX: 0x1). This mean u wont have warranty anymore. If u bought it now and u have 2 years of warranty, think about it :highfive:

*EDIT: Answering your questions:
- You dont need root for flash a custom recovery.
- You can flashs ROMs with the latest German android 4.4.2

Last edited:
Reactions: mkabani

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
The knox counter does not "erase" the warranty completly. If you are having problems with your device which are caused from unsigned firmwares/kernels/mods then samsung will not repar your device. If your volume rocker falls off then samsung will repair it.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

mkabani

Jun 7, 2006
Kraków
That is just perfect. Thanks for your help guys. However if i dont have to root to install a custom recovery, can i still install other roms? Like the 9505g port? Or would that require root?
Plus warranty doesnt matter much regarding knox since I am in europe. :)

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
Sure you can. :) Install a custom recovery using Odin, download the rom you want (4.4.2 Google Edition in you case), copy it to sdcard, wipe /system, /data , /cache and /dalvik cache.
Then install the rom and reboot ;)

mkabani

Jun 7, 2006
Kraków
Thank you so much. Tonight I will do that. Cheers!

mkabani

Jun 7, 2006
Kraków
I will back it up as soon as its downloaded.
And no I havent installed it yet, but i will do it tonight. Knox isnt worth the hassle :p.

mkabani

Jun 7, 2006
Kraków
Yes i did. I PMd you. Thanks to the XDA community i finally installed the google edition rom and am enjoying it since last night :D

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: benni_1994

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you flash a custom recovery ur warranty will be void (KNOX: 0x1). This mean u wont have warranty anymore. If u bought it now and u have 2 years of warranty, think about it :highfive:

*EDIT: Answering your questions:
    - You dont need root for flash a custom recovery.
    - You can flashs ROMs with the latest German android 4.4.2
    The knox counter does not "erase" the warranty completly. If you are having problems with your device which are caused from unsigned firmwares/kernels/mods then samsung will not repar your device. If your volume rocker falls off then samsung will repair it.

Sure you can. :) Install a custom recovery using Odin, download the rom you want (4.4.2 Google Edition in you case), copy it to sdcard, wipe /system, /data , /cache and /dalvik cache.
    Then install the rom and reboot ;)

Thank you so much. Tonight I will do that. Cheers!

You may want to back up your phone after installing a custom recovery. You can do that in the recovery. Safety first :p

S4 9505 / Note 10.1 2014 P600
    Hit the Thanks button if I was able to help you :)
    Yes i did. I PMd you. Thanks to the XDA community i finally installed the google edition rom and am enjoying it since last night :D

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app