HTC Sensation XL Stock EU roms

Which HTC Sensation do you have, and which one is better?

• HTC Sensation - THIS ROCKS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

gunaiden

Sep 29, 2011
Good day to all!

Sorry for this question, I know it is asked and discussed a lot.. BUT!

I have searched and searched over google and XDA and can't find it no where.
All the links are out-dated and on some forums they write that HTC Runnymede is the official stock rom and on others they say HTC pyramide is the stock rom.

So I am very confused now and besides being confused, I can't find any working link for downloading the HTC Sensation XL stock Europe rom.

I need to unroot my device so I really need the rom fast.
I already 'relocked bootloader', only need the RUU.exe to unroot and install stock rom.

Please help me out.

F4LLCON

PS. This one http://www.filefactory.com/f/2c6cbf04d4909b70/
plus the other one found on XDA do not work

I get the 'All free download slots are in use.You can download this file immediately by upgrading to FileFactory Premium. Otherwise, please feel free to try again shortly.
Retry Download'
error while trying to download.

Any direct links would be amazing

PSS. I found one here http://www.fileserve.com/file/b87exyj/RUU_Runnymede_HTC_Europe++_1.05.401.4_R2_Radio_20.5101.30.0822_3822.10.10.12_M_release_223366_signed.exe download time over 1 hour geez...

hi , at first , you need to know that Runnymede is the name of stock rom for Htc sensation XL ,and pyramid is the name of Htc sensation ( the first one ).

then if you need to unroot your phone you can follow the steps on HTCdev.com the give you the steps to unroot .

after that ,all the runnymede.exe doesn't work ,i don't know why ,but some says that because the compatibility or the boatloader is locked,anyway,there is a methode to extract rom from Ruu if you want to install the official rom but i dont taste it , or install the official rom flashable on the section developer ,i use one of the and am really satisfied ,it look like the official rom .
i hope it will help u

F

F4LLCON

hi , at first , you need to know that Runnymede is the name of stock rom for Htc sensation XL ,and pyramid is the name of Htc sensation ( the first one ).

then if you need to unroot your phone you can follow the steps on HTCdev.com the give you the steps to unroot .

after that ,all the runnymede.exe doesn't work ,i don't know why ,but some says that because the compatibility or the boatloader is locked,anyway,there is a methode to extract rom from Ruu if you want to install the official rom but i dont taste it , or install the official rom flashable on the section developer ,i use one of the and am really satisfied ,it look like the official rom .
i hope it will help u

Thanks for the information about which rom is for what phone :D

BTW. I managed to download the RUU.exe I needed, link provided above in my post. (download time over 1 hour.....)

I locked my bootloader by using 'fastboot oem lock' in cmd in windows while connected phone in fastboot USB

Then I re-started my phone and bootloader was 'relocked'. Then I started up my phone and turned on debug in development (options in android) turned of fastboot in options somewhere in android, I think under power.

Then just run the RUU.exe and it just installed stock rom, so it unrooted the phone. REMEMBER you can't install stock rom on unlocked bootloader, need to relock it.

But after that I just unlocked the bootloader again and rooted my phone and installed CWM recovery and installed ICE COLD ZOMBIE. But draw something app in android did not start. crashed and phone was a bit laggy. I had backed up my android with CWM before installing ICE COLD ZOMBIE, so I just restored that and everything was fast again.

:D

Stotty82

Apr 1, 2012
Leeds
Hello all, I'm new here but have a moderate understanding of all your delights :D

I recently unlocked the bootloader on my SXL, then instaled a custom ROM.
I have searched on our SXL forum and have found a few links to the RUU for Europe but non of these links work for me.

When the official HTC ICS update is released I would like to be able to install this so therefore will need the original RUU. Im in the UK and my operator is O2.

Please could one of you kind fella's provide me a link to a download for this.

Thanks.

F

F4LLCON

Hello all, I'm new here but have a moderate understanding of all your delights :D

I have searched on our SXL forum and have found a few links to the RUU for Europe but non of these links work for me.

When the official HTC ICS update is released I would like to be able to install this so therefore will need the original RUU. Im in the UK and my operator is O2.

Thanks.

I'll try and share the file with you soon. It's pretty late now to load the file. I'll let you know when it's on

EDIT

I staid up late to finish this for you lol.

here it is

RUU_Runnymede_HTC_Europe++_1.05.401.4_R2_Radio_20. 5101.30.0822_3822.10.10.12_M_release_223366_signed
http://adf(DOT)ly/6vxEj

enjoy it

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stotty82

Stotty82

Apr 1, 2012
Leeds
Sorry F4llcon, that link doesn't work. It's appreciated you staying up to help :)

Could you try again please.

gunaiden

Sep 29, 2011
Thanks for the information about which rom is for what phone :D

BTW. I managed to download the RUU.exe I needed, link provided above in my post. (download time over 1 hour.....)

I locked my bootloader by using 'fastboot oem lock' in cmd in windows while connected phone in fastboot USB

Then I re-started my phone and bootloader was 'relocked'. Then I started up my phone and turned on debug in development (options in android) turned of fastboot in options somewhere in android, I think under power.

Then just run the RUU.exe and it just installed stock rom, so it unrooted the phone. REMEMBER you can't install stock rom on unlocked bootloader, need to relock it.

But after that I just unlocked the bootloader again and rooted my phone and installed CWM recovery and installed ICE COLD ZOMBIE. But draw something app in android did not start. crashed and phone was a bit laggy. I had backed up my android with CWM before installing ICE COLD ZOMBIE, so I just restored that and everything was fast again.

:D

great job , as i know you are theonly one how flash RUU with sucessful , man you are the best ; )
would you please re-write theses steps one by one and make it easyer for noobs .thanks

F

F4LLCON

great job , as i know you are theonly one how flash RUU with sucessful , man you are the best ; )
would you please re-write theses steps one by one and make it easyer for noobs .thanks

Hey thanks man. Yeah sure i will write it as soon i get home.
Send from my HTC Sensation XL

F

F4LLCON

EARLY before flashing the Ruu, you were in stock rom? did you use the same version as the one you had ?
I just want to confirm one thing, do the Ruu works on all phones or not ?

No the Ruu's do not work on ALL devices as far as I know.

You need your region's rom.

Mine was EU, and besides that, you also need to relock your boot loader first until you can install stock rom's

But the good part here is, if you lock your boot loader - > run RUU.exe (any) and if your phone thinks it's a good RUU.exe it will start flashing, but if your device does not match the RUU.exe it will say you have the wrong RUU.exe for your device.

That's at least what I have read

gunaiden

Sep 29, 2011
No the Ruu's do not work on ALL devices as far as I know.

You need your region's rom.

Mine was EU, and besides that, you also need to relock your boot loader first until you can install stock rom's

But the good part here is, if you lock your boot loader - > run RUU.exe (any) and if your phone thinks it's a good RUU.exe it will start flashing, but if your device does not match the RUU.exe it will say you have the wrong RUU.exe for your device.

That's at least what I have read

that's what a read too ,thank you so much .
i have a last question :do you have any idea about the difference between the tree european Ruu "R","R1"and "R2" .

F

F4LLCON

that's what a read too ,thank you so much .
i have a last question :do you have any idea about the difference between the tree european Ruu "R","R1"and "R2" .

I think it might be the version, so R2 is the latest version? Well someone here suggested R2 so that one might be good. I used the R2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    F
    F4LLCON
    [deleted]

[deleted]
    F
    F4LLCON

Thanks.

I'll try and share the file with you soon. It's pretty late now to load the file. I'll let you know when it's on

EDIT

I staid up late to finish this for you lol.

here it is

RUU_Runnymede_HTC_Europe++_1.05.401.4_R2_Radio_20. 5101.30.0822_3822.10.10.12_M_release_223366_signed
    http://adf(DOT)ly/6vxEj

enjoy it
    F
    F4LLCON

I put up this thread :)
    Link here