Turning off cell radio??

Search This thread

{tpc}

Nov 12, 2010
Berkley
Is there any way to do this on this phone? Primarily for battery life issues? I plan on using this phone NOT as a phone lol, but I would still like to use BT and/or wifi without using the cell radio, hopefully saving some battery life.

Or should I just not worry about it and leave it all on? Phone isn't on a active network anymore, but still has all my old phone number info in it, etc.

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
Turning on Airplane Mode doesn't activate this? The RIL is still connected, but it shouldn't be broadcasting anything. Though you can turn wifi on and off while in Airplane Mode, just not the cell radio.

{tpc}

Nov 12, 2010
Berkley
Turning on Airplane Mode doesn't activate this? The RIL is still connected, but it shouldn't be broadcasting anything. Though you can turn wifi on and off while in Airplane Mode, just not the cell radio.

Well the issue is mainly with the BT. Once you turn on airplane mode, the BT is inactive. Wifi still functions, but I need BT as well.

ohbuckeyeman

Jul 22, 2010
I'm not sure if that's a hardware limitation with this chipset or not. I can do exactly what you described in my gs4, but am also unsuccessful on the incredible. Let me know what you figure out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app