[Q] Location Based WIFI not working

Search This thread

e1i@zzz

Jan 19, 2013
Hi guys, I got a short question:

Does the location based wifi require the "google location services" from "location services" settings enabled? currently, both boxes I left unticked there, since I don´t want google to know my location :p

I tried the location based wifi a few times now, but it doesn´t work. Actually it shall work with just knowing which mobile signal the station belongs to I´m currently using..

but so far, wifi remains on when I turn it on and go out and remains off when I come close to my home-network.

also there doesn´t appear a symbol in statusbar.

I´m on existenz 3.3.0, would like to try it out since it shall save a lot of battery

thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Ditarius

Mar 3, 2014
It was working fine for me with unticked google location services, it shouldnt have any problems with that cause its Sony rom based function. But it isnt instant especially with stamina mode on. It needs some time to understand it shouldve turned on :)

Reactions: e1i@zzz

e1i@zzz

Jan 19, 2013
So now I cleared data, removed all networks from location based wifi and turned off stamina.

I´m wondering wether greenify keeps it from working properly.

Is there a sign in notification bar if location based wifi is turned on or off?

Thanks for the replies so far :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone?

Now I'm on stock 205, not seems to work either

:rolleyes:

I've used it for a lot of time and it was working for me. When I was in Stamina Mode it was working worse (the switch on-off was slower), but without stamina it was working great
    It was working fine for me with unticked google location services, it shouldnt have any problems with that cause its Sony rom based function. But it isnt instant especially with stamina mode on. It needs some time to understand it shouldve turned on :)