[TOOL]"1-Click Transformer Root"-Root/Unroot/cwm/stock rec-TF101(G)/201/300T(G)/SL101

Did it work?

• Yes

Votes: 433 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 100 18.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

justmara

Feb 21, 2011
win7 x64. cannot connect adb. manually installed drivers (ignoring the warning that the driver is not signed) but "adb devices" shows it offline.
and sure whole root process fails without adb working properly 8(
after and hour of dances with abd kill/start, changing device usb debug settings and etc i finally plugged usb cable to other usb port.. it worked!
but only partially:

Connected to recovery...Doing step 4.
Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory

Installing su....

Installing Voodoo RootKeeper compatible su backup....

Installing busybox...
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /null: Read-only file system

Waiting for device after reboot...
Connected...Verifying if it all worked...

ERROR: su NOT OK.
ERROR: Busybox NOT OK.
ERROR: su backup NOT OK.
All done.

so CWM is installed. but no root 8(

Last edited:

carrige

Oct 11, 2008
I'm trying to flash my WW 9.2.1.24 TF101 to the get 'basic' root (i.e. the first method).

The output screen has been stuck on Step 2 - "Flashing CWM recovery..." for a good 15 minutes. Should I be worried? The tab is fully booted and working, but I don't know where an incomplete process will leave it.

Should I wait longer or close the tool and start again?

//EDIT//

I closed the tool, rebooted the tab and changed USB port. It booted up fine, and I ran the tool from the beginning. It powered straight through - no problems whatsoever. Root! Thanks OP!

Last edited:
Reactions: idcrisis

idcrisis

Aug 30, 2010
so CWM is installed. but no root 8(

Hi, you can run the tool again. Let me know how it goes.

Else please change the first line of the batch file to:

@echo on

and rerun the tool. Also please change the DOS window buffer to 1000 or something large. Then you can capture the entire output and send it across.

Also what's your tablet model and firmware version?

justmara

Feb 21, 2011
Hi, you can run the tool again. Let me know how it goes.

Else please change the first line of the batch file to:

@echo on

and rerun the tool. Also please change the DOS window buffer to 1000 or something large. Then you can capture the entire output and send it across.
Sorry, I've ended up booting to CWM and installing CM9 with root and other bonuses =)

Also what's your tablet model and firmware version?
TF101G BB0K.. with 9.2.2.4 TW rom.
your tool installed CWM so I can install any rom needed now. so im fine 8) dont think i'm ready to revert to stock rom and try all this another time

Reactions: idcrisis

razielreaver

Jun 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
i have a problem too, pls take a look and try to help me

hi, i hawe problem too, can u take a look for my log file?

(log is attached)

where i did a wrong steps?

pls manage me to a right way

thanx

Attachments

• log.txt
    46 KB · Views: 83

idcrisis

Aug 30, 2010
Sorry, I've ended up booting to CWM and installing CM9 with root and other bonuses =)

TF101G BB0K.. with 9.2.2.4 TW rom.
your tool installed CWM so I can install any rom needed now. so im fine 8) dont think i'm ready to revert to stock rom and try all this another time

Great! Thanks for your feedback. I will look into the checks which check for recovery/normal bootup.

BTW, if you want stock recovery to enable OTAs you can run the tool again it'll give you a menu this time and you can choose to install the stock Asus recovery alone and do nothing else, no need to flash an entire stock rom.

Cheers!

idcrisis

Aug 30, 2010
hi, i hawe problem too, can u take a look for my log file?

(log is attached)

where i did a wrong steps?

pls manage me to a right way

thanx

Hi, please download the current version of the tool and run it. Your logs show you are running the older version of the tool.

Sorry, will start versioing some time soon as soon as I get around 20 successful feedbacks...

Also the ADB from this tool is constantly getting killed by another ADB from somewhere. If you can please kill all other instances of ADB anywhere ( don't have an ADB shell open while the tool is running) and if you can please replace all versions of the following files in your whole system:

adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll

with the ones provided with this tool.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

asortix

Jun 13, 2010
Diyarbakır
Hi;
I have some problem with my asus transformer tf101G FW:9.2.2.4
can you look my log text? thanks for helping..

Attachments

• ASUS_LOG.txt
    6 KB · Views: 57

idcrisis

Aug 30, 2010
Hi guys,

I have updated the tool version to be somewhat more resilient to ADB version problems from external sources.

Plus a few other improvements based on latest feedback.

Please try it out.

Cheers!

idcrisis

Aug 30, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: phigafr

shadowjin

Nov 23, 2010
Irvine, CA
finnally

Im not new to rooting or recoveries. Ive also rooted my transformer before but reverted to stock before the new update. This works flawlessly and installs Rogue recovery which doesn't boot loop from restarts. Also rooted my device in one sitting. Thank you!! (thanks was given) :)

In the past I used ViperMOD primetime to root and installed rogue recovery. I had my unit rooted just stock recovery and made the mistake of downloading clockwork mod from the playstore and Flashed from within the app. This caused my recovery to boot loop into recovery when restarted and some how prevented me from installing a different recovery. Long story short, I went back to stock using APX than used your "1-click-transformer root tool" and it worked perfectly and installed the correct recovery that doesn't boot loop.

Easy and painless. On a random note I own the first generation of tf101.

Edited for feedback: The only thing I noticed is that it doesn't allow me to add a new recovery after using this exploit. This isnt a big deal because its the correct recovery that prevents boot loops (Rogue CWM). When I tried flashing Rogue CWM touch it did the same as ROM Manager ClockworkMod from the playstore. (prevented me from installing another recovery) minus the boot loop into recovery.

regardless, it works flawlessly. But seams to not allow you to switch recoveries. Again, its not a big deal because its the anti boot loop version.

Last edited:
Reactions: idcrisis and Exnor

idcrisis

Aug 30, 2010
The only thing I noticed is that it doesn't allow me to add a new recovery after using this exploit.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to provide a detailed feedback. It is highly appreciated.

As far as other recoveries as concerned, I see no reason why others can't be installed over this one. I am doing it quite frequently to try and figure out which ones don't suffer from the bootloops etc that you mention.

I am also not sure what you mean by 'prevented me from installing another recovery', but I think it may have something do with the fact that staging partition permissions go back to normal over reboots and flashing a recovery as a normal user won't work.

But you now have root, say you want clockwork-5.8.3.4-tf101.img, so you should be able to do something like:

su -c "dd if=/sdcard/clockwork-5.8.3.4-tf101.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4"

If you don't want to mess around on the tablet, you can use "1-Click Transformer Root" to do it for you, just some behind the scenes changes needed.

Simply rename the 'clockwork-5.8.3.4-tf101.img' to 'recoveryblob' and the

'recovery-clockwork-5.8.3.4-tf101.img.md5sum.txt' to 'recoveryblob.md5'

and replace the corresponding files (with backup) in the 'source' directory of the tool.

Then run the tool and choose option '2. Install CWM recovery. '

This will now go and install the new recovery.

Mind you this particular one and a all 5.5+ I tried had the bootloop problem, so if you come across any updated one from here:

http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/

which doesn't then do let me know and I'll update the tool.

The only permanent solution seems to be to recompile the recovery with a solution along the lines of:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601942

Another day maybe.

Frankiebay

Jun 9, 2012
The tool does not work, because it does not recognize ICS.
Log see attachment.

I have Windows 7 64bit and Transformer TFT 101 with build 9.2.1.24 and ICS 4.0.3.
Tablet is in USB-Debugging mode.

Can you help me, please?

Attachments

• root.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 79

shadowjin

Nov 23, 2010
Irvine, CA
Hi,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to provide a detailed feedback. It is highly appreciated.

As far as other recoveries as concerned, I see no reason why others can't be installed over this one. I am doing it quite frequently to try and figure out which ones don't suffer from the bootloops etc that you mention.

I am also not sure what you mean by 'prevented me from installing another recovery', but I think it may have something do with the fact that staging partition permissions go back to normal over reboots and flashing a recovery as a normal user won't work.

But you now have root, say you want clockwork-5.8.3.4-tf101.img, so you should be able to do something like:

su -c "dd if=/sdcard/clockwork-5.8.3.4-tf101.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4"

If you don't want to mess around on the tablet, you can use "1-Click Transformer Root" to do it for you, just some behind the scenes changes needed.

Simply rename the 'clockwork-5.8.3.4-tf101.img' to 'recoveryblob' and the

'recovery-clockwork-5.8.3.4-tf101.img.md5sum.txt' to 'recoveryblob.md5'

and replace the corresponding files (with backup) in the 'source' directory of the tool.

Then run the tool and choose option '2. Install CWM recovery. '

This will now go and install the new recovery.

Mind you this particular one and a all 5.5+ I tried had the bootloop problem, so if you come across any updated one from here:

http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/

which doesn't then do let me know and I'll update the tool.

The only permanent solution seems to be to recompile the recovery with a solution along the lines of:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601942

Another day maybe.

No rush, your tool works and installed the correct version.

The recovery your using in your 1-click Transformer tool is the Rogue XM version 1.3.0 CWM-based v5.0.2.7 from Team Rogue. From here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1446019

I rooted and installed CWM from your tool, when I went into recovery I noticed it had Rogue installed. There newer version is touch but I originally wanted the non touch version. (in your tool already)

Clockworkmod from the playstore seams to cause a boot-loop into recovery if downloaded and flashed from there app. This is strange because I had read it was patched along time ago.

(I was on stock , stock recovery, rooted with firmware .24) Before I reverted via APX than used your tool.

What I meant to say by "it wont let me change recoveries".

When I tried to flash Rogue's touch version after your exploit, it flashes and says done, after a full reboot than return to recovery.... the non-touch was still installed. I left it alone because its worked in the past before and never caused any bootloops.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Problems with root

Thanks for this easy method. I am able to get only so far and then I have problems. The process seems to be stuck. The TF101 get stuck at recovery, while the cmd window keeps rolling, with a message 'timeout' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Device not found.

Also, an error window (many of them) pops up with the following:
\adb-drivers\dpinst_x64.exe is not a valid win32 application.

Thanks for any advice.

I tried shutting down the TF101 and rebooting to recovery, but I am not able to get back to the recovery screen. I am pressing volume down and power. I get to a screen with an android icon, and a wipe data icon. Eventually it just reboots back to the usual operating system. BTW I am on firmware .24

shadowjin

Nov 23, 2010
Irvine, CA
Thanks for this easy method. I am able to get only so far and then I have problems. The process seems to be stuck. The TF101 get stuck at recovery, while the cmd window keeps rolling, with a message 'timeout' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Device not found.

Also, an error window (many of them) pops up with the following:
\adb-drivers\dpinst_x64.exe is not a valid win32 application.

Thanks for any advice.

I tried shutting down the TF101 and rebooting to recovery, but I am not able to get back to the recovery screen. I am pressing volume down and power. I get to a screen with an android icon, and a wipe data icon. Eventually it just reboots back to the usual operating system. BTW I am on firmware .24

When you hold down and power there should be numbers and words pop up after a few seconds of it starting.. than you press up ..............that would throw you into recovery. Pressing nothing goes back to android cold boot and data wipe icons.

From what I understand is that your stuck in recovery boot loop. His exploit does a few full reboots before installing recovery and rooting. If your stuck in a recovery bootloop it wont work (since it cant finish the process).

Did you flash any other recovery before using this tool? The reason im asking is because last night I had flashed by mistake CWM (I was rooted) from the playstore and had the same thing. Other root tools couldn't exploit the tf101 because of the recovery boot loop wouldn't let boot up like normal. I ended up using APX to revert to full stock than ran the "1-click Transformer tool" root and install CWM and it worked. It would install Rogue recovery which is CWM based from Team Rogue. If it succeeded it would say "team rogue" with green and white in the recovery instead of the typical CWM.

CWM for the playstore prevented a new recovery to stick after flashing and would boot loop into recovery. Even after saying it flashed correctly with no errors. In laymens term, I was stuck in a continuous loop skipping start up.

If you have alot of apps, go to the store and download apps to SD grey folder with 2 apps inside.. Back them up and move the app backup files to the removal memory. Revert everything via APX mode and use the tool again. It should work. I just did mine a few hours ago and a friends a few minutes ago. It worked again.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Log see attachment.

I have Windows 7 64bit and Transformer TFT 101 with build 9.2.1.24 and ICS 4.0.3.

Can you help me, please?

False, I have the same set up Windows 7 64 bit original TF101 1rst gen , exact same build and it worked. I used it again for a buddy of mine to give him root and CWM recovery with the same build and machine. Worked in less than 3 minutes. If you read a few pages back its worked for other people. The log file you added is incomplete by the looks of it it sounds like you wrote it in as it was working.

You will need to plug the device in to your computer , open up a command prompt/terminal
then, CD to your android-sdk/platform-tools/ directory

then, type ./adb logcat

This will give you a live debug log of what's going on in the device. If you need to filter to only see certain lines, use ./adb logcat | grep "something"

Edit: They also have an app that does this.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

idcrisis

Aug 30, 2010
Log see attachment.

Can you help me, please?

Hi, this is strange. Can you change the first line in the bat file to:

@echo on

and increase the DOS window buffer and send me full output please.

The output before:

'Only ICS tablets supported by this tool. Going to quit now.'

contains the build number as detected by the tool so that should give an indicator as to where the problem lies.

Also, do use the latest version of the tool as exists now. I am updating it almost every day.

Sorry about that, will start versioning after around 20 reports of success and changes are only weekly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TOOL]"1-Click Transformer Root"-Root/Unroot/cwm/stock rec-TF101(G)/201/300T(G)/SL101

This may be the first completely automated tool for getting root on any ICS Asus Transformer - TF101 / TF101G / TF201 / TF300X / SL101 for all ICS firmware including the latest TF101(G) 9.2.2.6 / 9.2.2.4 and 9.2.1.27 / 9.2.1.25 / 9.2.1.21, TF201 9.4.2.28, TF300T 9.4.3.30 and TF300TG 9.4.4.40.

You can use it on any SBKv1 / SBKv2 / SBKv3 tablet including B70 / B80 / B90 as it is not NVFlash based.

Your data stays intact and OTA functionality is not lost. No more need to downgrade to get root.

You can also use it for flashing CWM recovery or returning to Asus stock recovery ( to re-enable OTA ). (TF101(G),SL101 only)

DOWNLOAD - "1-Click Transformer Root_1.1"
    (v1.1) (TF101(G),TF201,TF300T(G),SL101 - See note dated 16-Jun below)
    OR
    DOWNLOAD - "1-Click Transformer Root" (v1.0) (TF101(G),SL101 only)

UPDATE 16-Sep-2012 - CWM updated to Rogue XM Recovery 1.5.0 (CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.8).

Please download latest version of tool and extract to a new directory and run the tool and select option 3 (Install CWM recovery).

UPDATE 21-Aug-2012 - Segmentation fault fully fixed; unroot improved; Superuser replaced with SuperSU.

UPDATE 16-June-2012 - Version 1.1 out. All tablets supported, all ICS. TF101(G),TF201,TF300T(G),SL101!

v1.1 Uses a new exploit method and is much quicker and simpler. For the TF201/300X, only root/unroot options exist, no recovery installation. Everything works for the TF101(G),SL101.

UPDATE 15-June-2012 - Version 1.0 out for TF101(G)/SL101 only. Added unroot option.

- Before running this tool please kill Asus sync or any other tool that may be starting any competing ADB instances.

Please post your experiences and vote in the poll above. It'll be very helpful to improve this tool! Please try both versions of the tool and get some help in this thread before voting NO :fingers-crossed:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. If you're on a standard tablet and just need root (TF101(G),TF201,TF300T(G),SL101)

- Step 1. Download and extract
    DOWNLOAD - "1-Click Transformer Root_1.1"
    (v1.1) (TF101(G),TF201,TF300T(G),SL101 - See note dated 16-Jun above)
    OR
    DOWNLOAD - "1-Click Transformer Root" (v1.0) (TF101(G),SL101 only)
    - Step 2. Run "1-Click Transformer Root.bat" and let it continue over multiple reboots.

- You'll be root. And with stock Asus recovery.

successb.png

2. If you have root and need Asus stock recovery. (TF101(G),SL101 only)

Why? To enable OTA and/or return to stock like conditions

- Step 1. Run "1-Click Transformer Root.bat". (v1.0)

- Step 3. You'll be presented with a menu. Choose option (4)

- You'll have stock Asus recovery

3. If you have root and need CWM recovery. (TF101(G),SL101 only)

Why? Nandroid backups and restores. Debrick. Flexibility. Numerous other reasons. ( but no OTA)

- Step 1. Run the tool "1-Click Transformer Root.bat". (v1.0)

- Step 2. You'll be presented with a menu. Choose option (3)

- You'll have CWM Recovery

4. If you have root, you can also choose to unroot (TF101(G),TF201,TF300T(G),SL101)

Why? Taking your tablet back to Asus for warranty. Uninstalling all changes done by this tool.

- Step 1. Run the tool "1-Click Transformer Root.bat" ( Either v1.0 (TF101(G),SL101 only) or v1.1 (TF101(G),TF201,TF300T(G),SL101))

- Step 2. You'll be presented with a menu. Choose option (1)

- You'll be unrooted. This will delete all trace of changes made by this tool.

- If the tool finds the stock Asus recovery file for your tablet, it will also flash the stock recovery.

- Unrooting only makes sense if you're otherwise on stock ROM and obtained root using this tool.

5. If you have root, you can reboot into recovery (TF101(G),TF201,TF300T(G),SL101)

Why? So you don't have to press Vol and Power buttons etc to get into recovery / ROM Manager can't reboot to recovery in the Transformer.

- Step 1. Run the tool "1-Click Transformer Root.bat" ( Either v1.0 (TF101(G),SL101 only) or v1.1 (TF101(G),TF201,TF300T(G),SL101))

- Step 2. You'll be presented with a menu. Choose option (2)

- You'll be rebooted into your current recovery, whatever it is.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You will be presented with the menu only if you have root, else root in one step! :highfive:

You can run it multiple times to retry if it fails for any reason. It cleans up after itself.

menu2m.png

You'll need:

- At least 50% battery

- USB debugging enabled on your device

- To run this tool on any Windows PC with a working direct internet connection (Proxy users see post #2)

- Please allow any driver installation (DPINST) dialogs to succeed. If automated ADB driver installation doesn't work, you can manually install them from the adb-drivers directory

- Please run the tool as Administrator

- Here's a small tutorial for beginners.

If the tablet is not being detected by the tool, please try any or all of the following:

- Disable and re-enable USB debugging on the tablet with the cable connected and the tool waiting
    - Disconnect and reconnect the cable to the same or different USB port while the tool is waiting
    - Reboot the PC and run the tool again
    - Wait upto 5 mins while the tool is waiting before pressing Control-C to stop execution and running the tool again.

Credits - miloj for the new debugfs exploit method

- Wolf for the core exploit. This tool uses some new variations too.

- rayman84 and Bumble-bee for the excellent Blob Tools

- Transformer reboot to Recovery zephyr team - for the source code to show how to boot into recovery programmatically

Following are some stock Asus files, rest are in the second post. (TF101(G),SL101 only)

There's no need to manually download your firmware specific file from here. The tool should do it automatically.
    Recovery blobs (TF101(G),SL101 only)

This section is for the TF101(G),SL101 only

There's no more any need to manually download your firmware specific file from here. The tool should do it automatically.

- These are the stock recovery files needed for switching recoveries between CWM and stock.

- If you're behind a proxy, then don't double click the tool, open a DOS command prompt and cd to the '1-Click Transformer Root' directory and type:

Code:
    SET http_proxy=http://your_proxy:proxy_port
    "1-Click Transformer Root.bat"

to run the program.

- If you don't have internet, then fret not, you can manually download the Asus stock recovery from the second post and extract it in the 'Source' folder. Even if you don't do this, you will still have root.

THESE FILES ARE NOT NEEDED FOR GETTING ROOT, ONLY TO SWITCH BETWEEN CWM AND STOCK RECOVERY

SWITCHING RECOVERIES FEATURE ONLY WORKS ON THE TF101/TF101G/SL101

These are the stock Asus recovery files:
    Here's a guide for others like me who need step by step instructions.

This process is done from your Windows computer with your ASUS TF101 connected by plugging the proprietary end of the charger into the tablet or dock and plugging the USB end (that you would normally plug into the charger) into a USB port on your Windows computer.

- Download and install 7-Zip onto your Windows computer.
    - Download the latest version of "1-Click Transformer Root", i.e. 1-Click Transformer Root_1.1.7z
    - Use 7-Zip to extract 1-Click Transformer Root_1.1.7z into a directory on your computer, i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Downloads\1-Click Transformer Root_1.1
    - Make sure your ASUS TF101 is connected to your computer via USB. You might be prompted to install drivers for the newly discovered device. Click through the prompts.
    - Open the directory you extracted into on your computer and execute 1-Click Transformer Root.bat
    - You will see the following:
    ===========================================================
    1-Click Root and/or Recovery Flash for TF101/TF101G/SL101

This tool will root your tablet automatically.
    It only works on the TF101G, TF101 and SL101 models ( not TF201 etc)

Please make sure USB debugging is enabled in
    Tablet - Settings - Developer Options

Please let this process complete over multiple automatic reboots
    even if it boots into recovery please let it continue automatically

First reboot can hang. If it stays stuck on a boot screen
    for more than 3 mins please reboot it manually by pressing the
    power button a little long for off and again for on and let the
    batch continue please.

Press any key to continue . . . <- Press the spacebar, the ANY key doesn't exist. LOL!
    The Next Screen looks like this:
    Killing any running Asus sync instance

You can start it again after this tool has completed.

ADB driver installation was started in the background.
    Please accept any prompt to install the drivers.
    If automated installation doesn't work then you can install drivers manually
    from the adb-drivers directory.

Waiting for device for first step...

If you didn't have drivers then this can take up to 5 mins
    - If the program doesn't progress after 5 minutes, you'll probably need to go in an manually install the ADB drivers.
    - CTRL-C to cancel out of the installation. Follow the prompts to exit. --> ^CTerminate batch job (Y/N)? Y

- Navigate to the directory you extracted to and find the ADB driver folder, i.e C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Downloads\1-Click Transformer Root_1.1\Source\adb-drivers and execute dpinst_x86.exe <- for Windows XP and other 32 bit Win OS

- Make sure your ASUS TF101 is connected to your computer via USB. You might be prompted to install drivers for the newly discovered device. Click through the prompts.

- Open the directory you extracted into on your computer and execute 1-Click Transformer Root.bat

If this doesn't work....eh. All I know is I managed to get my TF101 rooted using 1 Click today. :) BONNE CHANCE!
    Thanks for your feedback. I have updated the tool with some more descriptive output.

I also added in Slider support.

I shall soon be uploading all the Slider recoveries too.

EDIT - I believe there are no special Slider recoveries. They run the same firmware as the TF101.
    hello idcrisis

yesterday i have rooted my tf300tg (ww_epad_9.4.4.40) with the 'one click transformer root 1.1'

my system works fine and i have root now. but when i run the batch-file again i have only the 3 options

1- Unroot!
    2- Reboot into current recovery.
    3- Quit

i know that is normal, but when i will boot with option 2 in stock-recovery, after a while the android lays down on the back :crying:
    it seems the script has broken my recovery...

i dont need cwm, but i want back my stock-recovery (i think i need it for ota-updates??)
    any idea how i can get my recovery back? my bootloader is locked...

best regards from hamburg, germany (sorry for my bad english)

Hi,

The tool does not modify your recovery. You're still in stock Asus recovery ( as shown when you reboot into current recovery). The Android icon is ok. The stock Asus recovery doesn't give you a menu or anything of that sort. It's just used for OTAs or full stock ROM installations.

Only TF101/201/SL101 get the CWM installation option and version 1.1 of the tool uses a new method for root which does not touch the recovery (version 1.0 installs CWM and uninstalls it still leaving your current recovery intact).

So you're protected from multiple fronts :) You're ok. Your recovery is still the stock and you shall get OTA without issues.

That is one of the main features of this tool.

Cheers.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using xda app-developers app