[Q] Europe SM-N9005 MJ7

Search This thread

caved

Aug 30, 2008
Hi guys,
I have always flashed my HTC phones without problems or weirdness at all, now i buy my first samsung and all of a sudden i read samsung is putting in all kinds of weird crap in my far to expensive phone because they feel i should use or need knox. They need to make good phones and not care as to what i run on my phone IMHO

I read alot of stuff on here about people bricking their phone so i had a few questions to clarify things. I really really DONOT want to render
my note 3 useless. First about Knox: I don't care about any flags, knox or company's at all, i bought the note 3, it is mine and i would like to do with it what i want not what samsung thinks is right for me hence Android. I donot lose any functionallity after i tripped knox right?

So i understand that this knox thing is just a flag? Other then that i can forget about it and just root and place a rom of choice?
What about that thing called binary flash counter (not even sure wy my phone has it or need it), do i need to do anything with that? Also i read 4.4 peeps can't get back to 4.3 this is wy i killed automatic updates on my device for now.

My current firmware is MJ7 and basicly i don't want or need kitkat (atleast not now). So which exact files do i need to use chainfire's method of rooting my device? After that which exact recovery do install and how? Odin or via the market GOO apk thingy? so i can install rom's like x-note v7 or one in that trent? I am leaning towards TWRP although i always flashed on CWM. Can i for instance just flash 4.3 roms once i got TWRP newest version?

Just want to get this all over with so i can enjoy my phone 100% and not 50. I also need to get rid of all the crap samsung put on my phone (stuff i didn't ask for) and no i don't want their music, movies or appstores. Any help is appreciated.

I think a good guide with up to date links for my firmware would help a lot. Not just snippets everywere across the board.

1) the EXACT files i need to root my phone.
2) the EXACT TWRP version (can i just get newest one for 4.3 roms?) i need and how to put it on my Note 3 Odin or with the GOO apk thingy.
after i do have the thing rooted.
3) the zip rom file were do i put that? internal SD card or on my external one or does it matter?

Thanks in advance!
Have fun...
Caved

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hi guys,
I have always flashed my HTC phones without problems or weirdness at all, now i buy my first samsung and all of a sudden i read samsung is putting in all kinds of weird crap in my far to expensive phone because they feel i should use or need knox. They need to make good phones and not care as to what i run on my phone IMHO

I read alot of stuff on here about people bricking their phone so i had a few questions to clarify things. I really really DONOT want to render
my note 3 useless. First about Knox: I don't care about any flags, knox or company's at all, i bought the note 3, it is mine and i would like to do with it what i want not what samsung thinks is right for me hence Android. I donot lose any functionallity after i tripped knox right?

So i understand that this knox thing is just a flag? Other then that i can forget about it and just root and place a rom of choice?
What about that thing called binary flash counter (not even sure wy my phone has it or need it), do i need to do anything with that? Also i read 4.4 peeps can't get back to 4.3 this is wy i killed automatic updates on my device for now.

My current firmware is MJ7 and basicly i don't want or need kitkat (atleast not now). So which exact files do i need to use chainfire's method of rooting my device? After that which exact recovery do install and how? Odin or via the market GOO apk thingy? so i can install rom's like x-note v7 or one in that trent? I am leaning towards TWRP although i always flashed on CWM. Can i for instance just flash 4.3 roms once i got TWRP newest version?

Just want to get this all over with so i can enjoy my phone 100% and not 50. I also need to get rid of all the crap samsung put on my phone (stuff i didn't ask for) and no i don't want their music, movies or appstores. Any help is appreciated.

I think a good guide with up to date links for my firmware would help a lot. Not just snippets everywere across the board.

1) the EXACT files i need to root my phone.
2) the EXACT TWRP version (can i just get newest one for 4.3 roms?) i need and how to put it on my Note 3 Odin or with the GOO apk thingy.
after i do have the thing rooted.
3) the zip rom file were do i put that? internal SD card or on my external one or does it matter?

Thanks in advance!
Have fun...
Caved

root with this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423
then cwm http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2454079
flash with odin
if you dont care about knox like i dont just flash anything you want
just one more thing if you update to kk you cant go back to 4.3
and if you want a tw kk rom you have to flash tw 4.4.2 stock 1st then root again all a bit of a pain

hope that makes sense

caved

Aug 30, 2008