[Q] How to compile my own AOSP image?

Search This thread

sansari123

Jan 30, 2013
Greetings
First I like to thank everyone who supports this site, and the good developers who use their talent in providing these great tools for us. And offcourse the users who take the time to help me. I hope I can help someone else some day. I have a number of questions on how to build my own image from AOSP. If you can help with even one of them, I would greatly appreciate a response.Here they are:

I am following this link http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...99-guide-ubuntu-compiling-android-source.html to build an image for my Samsung Note III from AOSP. And he mentiones four other binary files, which he uses for his Nexus. They are for WiFi/Bluetooth courtesy of Broadcom, Graphics courtesy of Imagination Technologies, Orientation Sensor courtesy of Invensense, and CDMA/LTE courtesy of Samsung. Does anyone know what files I need for Note III, and where I can get them?

I also need a working GAPPS file please.
Can I also verify the selection I need after I issue "lunch" command? I believe my handset is a multiband handset, in other words it supports 3G, and LTE ( Maybe even more; Sprint has Wimax, LTE, ...) What is the code name I need to choose once I run lunch? By the way if someone can explain what protocols Sprint supports today I would appreciate it.

How do I load one of the projects into eclipse? I like to add a class to it. Should I use the import function? I do have a working copy of eclipse in my Linux VM.