Small issues, quirks and gremlins 7a

Search This thread

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
So this thing gets pretty hot. This is just from watching YouTube vids and whatever was left in the background.

106.1F if the app is corrwct
va8unu2a.jpg

Tapped out on my beastly OPPO Find 7a

Pick_A_Name

May 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
Well oppostyle is sending me another SD card. Hopefully it's still the Sandisk Ultra 32gb and not the slow one they have listed on their site. Either way it'll be nice to have the extra space that actually works correctly. I'm surprised by the fairly quick response and turn around time.

Side note

Looks like AT&T didn't like me telling them their low level tech support sucks in the short survey they sent me after doing a support chat via their website. Got a call yesterday from a private number, which I never pick up, so they left a voice mail saying they wanted to do a follow up. Probably nothing will come of it unless they want to magically add the Find 7a to their database or activate my sim for another phone on their network that does LTE. I guess I'll find out when they call back later today. This doesn't work I'll see if I can convince one of the store people to let me activate my sim card on a display model.

They did it for me at the store no problem. In fact it was their idea. I still had to change the APN. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
I contacted Oppo about the Yellow tint on the screen and they want me to send them a video showing the problem. Gonna be tricky to do that as I'm not sure I have anything of good enough quality to actually capture it. Quite annoying really as they must be fully aware about the problem.

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
They did it for me at the store no problem. In fact it was their idea. I still had to change the APN. Let us know how it goes.

I think I'm going to have to go to the store again. Support called back again yesterday but the phone only rang once so I don't know if my phone auto blocked it, shouldn't I checked the call blocker app, but regardless if it did they didn't leave a VM. I'm going to take a trip to the AT&T store and see if they'll just activate my sim on an LTE phone. It's a bunch of trouble for something I won't really use, but I'm paying for it darnit so it boils down to the principle of it all.

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
I contacted Oppo about the Yellow tint on the screen and they want me to send them a video showing the problem. Gonna be tricky to do that as I'm not sure I have anything of good enough quality to actually capture it. Quite annoying really as they must be fully aware about the problem.

Well I have sent them a video of the issue, so let's see what they see.

tobias14

Feb 15, 2009
Koper
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Yeah, they have taken details from me to, I think arrange a replacement. Just waiting on their next instruction.

good to know, thanks
I have the yellow tint issue as well and am just thinking whether to request replacement or not..
I think the tint is slowly disappearing but it is still annoying to know it is there :silly:

although, even on the yellow tint the white is more "white" than on my other phone, the LG G2...

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
good to know, thanks
I have the yellow tint issue as well and am just thinking whether to request replacement or not..
I think the tint is slowly disappearing but it is still annoying to know it is there :silly:

although, even on the yellow tint the white is more "white" than on my other phone, the LG G2...

For me, paying over £300 for a phone and getting a yellow tint on the screen is very disappointing, so has to go back. Plus it kicks my OCD into overdrive!! :)

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
Hmm, my yellow tint issues seems better today. It's still there but doesn't seem as bad as what it was. Anyone else seeing theirs getting better? It could just be my eyes getting used to it. But I know what will happen, I'll send it off for a replacement and I'll get something worse in return!

tobias14

Feb 15, 2009
Koper
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Hmm, my yellow tint issues seems better today. It's still there but doesn't seem as bad as what it was. Anyone else seeing theirs getting better? It could just be my eyes getting used to it. But I know what will happen, I'll send it off for a replacement and I'll get something worse in return!

I have the same fear to get something worse in return
However, am just writing now to oppostyle, let us see their reply..

sometimes my yellow tint seems better, then again it seems worse... I don't know
will play now asphalt 7 for some 30 minutes to heat up the phone

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
Finally heard back from Oppo support and they have sent me the forms to return the device, only they want you to pay for the postage to return it! Plus they're currently out of stock so I doubt I'll even get my replacement any time soon. Really not happy with that.

EDIT: Okay, they do reimburse you for the postage but still have to pay for it in the first place.

Last edited:

tobias14

Feb 15, 2009
Koper
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I have agreed with them to wait for one week, maybe the problem will go away
If the yellow tint will still be visible then they will replace the unit

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
I have agreed with them to wait for one week, maybe the problem will go away
If the yellow tint will still be visible then they will replace the unit

Mine is going back tomorrow. If I get another one with a yellow tint, or another issue or it takes over a month to get the item to me due to stock then i'm just going to get a refund and get a different phone.

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Alright so I think I might have gotten everything sorted out. Phone now gets LTE thanks to the nice guy at the AT&T store for not being a total noob and understanding what I wanted/needed. He used his phone's IMEI # to activate my sim in AT&Ts system then had me reboot and bam LTE. Didn't even have to pull my battery and sim out.

As far as the SD card I received my replacement from oppostyle yesterday and formatted it right before I went to work so I didn't have time to put it in my phone and try it. Got home this morning put an album on it and popped it into my phone. Started playing music and opened up the camera app and repeatedly took pictures and no disconnected sd card message and no interrupted music playing. Music does stop when recording video but that's probably so the phone's mic can pick up the audio of what you're filming instead of your music. Thus probably not a bug. So for those of you who have SD card issues with the one included in oppostyle's preorder "package" I'd suggest shooting them an email and explaining your problem. Worked for me anyway.

On another note this battery drain is inconsistent as heck and annoying me. Last couple days battery life has been excellent. Wonder how long until it switches back to being alright or bad. Oh well at least we have some custom roms in Alpha stage out :D

sytauro

Jun 9, 2011
Glasgow
I have a problem with Swiftkey keyboard. It won't open on first text entry request, but if I press backup it quickly appears and disappears. Pressing on the text entry field again opens the keyboard this time.
Is this a problem with Swiftkey or the Find 7a?
Any suggestions to get rid of this niggle?
Thanks.
Steven

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ColorOs 2.0

Just wanted to call out that the Oppo recovery and Back up functions work very well. Flashed to ColorO2 2.0 beta and everything worked without a problem. A good sign!
    One thing that annoys me is when I'm scrolling up to read past text messages and it hits the point where it has to "load" the next bunch it goes all the way back to the last one sent in that conversation. I then have to scroll all the way back up again. Not a super huge problem but annoying when it happens. Does this with a couple other things I think but I can't recall what. I know scrolling through my music library would kill the SD card that came with the phone, that's annoying but SD issues have been discussed already.

Tapped out on my beastly OPPO Find 7a

the sms app in general is not the greatest. this has been the only real negative worth mentioning. the app is laggy. bad enough that Hangouts is the sms of choice at the moment. i wonder if that issue will be worked out in the coming updates.
    Okay so I got a response from Oppostyle

Original MSG. Yes it's vague but I'm so used to tech support from anyone going down a checklist that I gave up going into any detail on the initial encounter because I always get asked what I've already answered.

The 32 gig SD card continues to randomly disappear/unmount from the phone. I have the exact model but in it is a 16gb instead and it works fine without any problems. What are my option on getting the supplied 32 GB replaced/exchanged?

Response

Hello,

Thank you for contacting OppoStyle.com customer support.
    I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your microSD card.
    Could you please try format the SD card on your PC or laptop by using an SD card reader?

You could also follow this simple troubleshoot procedure and advise the result:

1. Insert the SD card into the card slot.
    2. Turn on the phone.
    3. Go to settings - > storage. The phone should recognize the volume of the card.
    4. Select "erase USB storage"; if this is not possible, please take a screenshot (Press "Power Button" + "Volume down" at the same time).
    5. If step 4 is successful, please try to copy larger files to the card and see if it's readable. If it doesn't, please take a screenshot once again.
    5. Go into Camera app. Navigate to settings -> Storage and change the storage to SD card, then try to create a Full HD video (around 3 minutes long), then try to play it on your phone to see if it's working properly.

Please let us know if this steps works for you or if this doesn't, please attach all the mentioned screenshots for us to have a look.
    Looking forward for your response, have a great day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Best Regards,
    OppoStyle Customer Delight Team

and my response that I'm about to send them

Support,

I've formatted the card multiple times in both fat32 and NTFS in different allocation sizes as well. I've already already formatted it via the phone as well. I can do all of the things mentioned in your trouble shooting no problem. The problem arises when I try to do multiple things concerning the SD card. For example I can not listen to music stored on the card and take a picture that is saved onto the card, when I do the card "disappears"/unmounts from the phone. I can play music, but if I scroll through my music library while listening to music the card disappears. If I'm taking a picture or listening to music and Titanium backup begins to run backing up my apps, the card disappears. Anytime the card is accessed twice it fails. I know it's the card because my 16 gig I can do all of these things without problem with it. I've tried my 16gig card formatted to fa32 and NTFS and it works on either file structure just fine. It also takes multiple restarts at times for the card to show back up in the phone.
    Well oppostyle is sending me another SD card. Hopefully it's still the Sandisk Ultra 32gb and not the slow one they have listed on their site. Either way it'll be nice to have the extra space that actually works correctly. I'm surprised by the fairly quick response and turn around time.

Side note

Looks like AT&T didn't like me telling them their low level tech support sucks in the short survey they sent me after doing a support chat via their website. Got a call yesterday from a private number, which I never pick up, so they left a voice mail saying they wanted to do a follow up. Probably nothing will come of it unless they want to magically add the Find 7a to their database or activate my sim for another phone on their network that does LTE. I guess I'll find out when they call back later today. This doesn't work I'll see if I can convince one of the store people to let me activate my sim card on a display model.

I think I'm going to have to go to the store again. Support called back again yesterday but the phone only rang once so I don't know if my phone auto blocked it, shouldn't I checked the call blocker app, but regardless if it did they didn't leave a VM. I'm going to take a trip to the AT&T store and see if they'll just activate my sim on an LTE phone. It's a bunch of trouble for something I won't really use, but I'm paying for it darnit so it boils down to the principle of it all.