[06 Nov 2011][SD] NexusHD2-Gingerbread V3.2a (GWK74)(Android 2.3.7)[tytung_r13]

Search This thread

afr33s

May 25, 2008
Plymouth, UK
Hi All,
This SD build is hiding away in the NAND section! There's a link to it in the 1st post. Try it, it's a solid vanilla Android Gingerbread port for our Leo. :) It may be a month old but I think it's still a brilliant build.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=905060

All credits to tytung

Mods please delete this thread if a duplicate or unwarranted!

Merry Christmas :D

Last edited:

bernard.bb

Mar 16, 2010
Paris
Hello,
Yes it's a great version stable and smooth.
Also no battery drain :)
But no possibility ask question. For example the persons who call have an echo.
Thanks for share

bernard.bb

Mar 16, 2010
Paris
I'm not experiencing the echo you mention. Have you tried posting in the original NAND thread (or is that too obvious and shouldn't be said :D ) ?
Thanks for answer, I use this link to retrieve vesions:
http://sites.google.com/site/nexushd2android/nexushd2-gingerbread/v3-2
No possibility ask question, is there an other way or forum to talk about nexus version?
No it may not be obvious, I can be a bad parameter, I'm not very good lolll
Thanks for share
Have a nice day.

Reactions: clkuo

Chris Kerry

Nov 23, 2010
Camcorder video recording brevity

I've been using sd rom builds since Aug 2010. The NexusHD sd build of Nov6 2011 has been the best I'd used hitherto, for example it had practically ZERO battery drain when going to bed at night and, setting at flight mode, only 2-3percent drop if on 2g only.
It was also the first build I used that recorded video at 720p. The videos were beautiful. However, it is unable to record (viewable) videos for longer than 10 - 16 min (it varies). Matching the size of the video (roughly at the time the recording begins to go wrong) approximates the size of the free RAM (usually btw 200 - 280mb), at least according to my observations. I got similar results with all the MIUI builds released within the last 2 weeks (Jaguaralani, MccM, etc).
This makes me think that the kernel arranges things such that video data is continually stacked in the RAM and is only placed in the storage medium when recording is signalled as complete (instead of doing so during the very process of streaming in the video data so as to free up the RAM and enable only the size of the destination storage medium - sd card or internal memory - to be the limiting factor).
Since I always want to have windows mobile as a bootable option in case of emergency access to files (- I use my hd2 for all my important stuff and am not always with my laptop) NAND builds are out of the question for me. However, the dorimanx kernel was said to solve this problem (and others) when used to replace the tytung kernel in the NexusHD NAND build in post 8716 on this page==> http://xdaforums.com/show...05060&page=872.
So I have two requests: 1) Could an equivalent kernel for sd builds be pointed out to me? 2) How does one replace one kernel with another in an sd build?
Thanks a lot!!!

E36

Sep 14, 2006
Why do I get pretty high battery drain using this v3.2a?
How can I troubleshoot what process is actually using the power?

awakephd

Dec 21, 2011
I loaded this SD version to my HD2 and like it very much - except that I'm getting the dreaded SOD (sleep of death). This is a plain vanilla HD2, using the stock SD card (SanDisk class 2?)

Anyone know a fix? If the problem is the slow SD card, would a NAND install solve it?

Top Liked Posts