What is the latest on KitKat for MK2?

Search This thread

newshook

Jul 9, 2010
Hello, mine is running MK2 firmware, I545. With the helps from this forum, I rooted it and installed safestrap two months ago. My understanding back then was that CWM can't be installed to MK2. Has this been changed? Is there any way we can put KitKat to the phones like mine?

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Hello, mine is running MK2 firmware, I545. With the helps from this forum, I rooted it and installed safestrap two months ago. My understanding back then was that CWM can't be installed to MK2. Has this been changed? Is there any way we can put KitKat to the phones like mine?

Nope nothing has changed for your phone. You'll have to wait until Verizon sends 4.4, your way...but most likely running it via SafeStrap is going To take quite some time if its even possible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Nope nothing has changed for your phone. You'll have to wait until Verizon sends 4.4, your way...but most likely running it via SafeStrap is going To take quite some time if its even possible.

actually were temp set on that aspect we'll be able to run safestrap with 4.4 just like the AT&T and Note3 users I've got all the file templates ready even in a minute or less i'll build these "magic" upgrade / downgrade SS methods . I've got everything ready just need a leak or official firmware and modem. so as soon as someone comes privy to it please PM me. I'm sure hash will be putting his own update out very soon but we wont be waiting because there will be a workaround. all the waiting tho... this is why If i didnt have unlimited grandfathered in (17TB tethered last month eat it vzw it was proven in court tethering is legal and were able to do what we want with our phones you can't stop us.) or I wouldnt ever b willingly giving my money to a company that deliberately delays and with holds updates from customers so they can lock their crap up more... when they know and we know no matter what they throw on it we will prevail. just stupid we'll be getting 4.42 as 5.0 comes out for the rest of the world lol also why Tmobile is taking over verizon's losing a large percentage of its customers to them next year or so. I was loading 4.4 on tmobile phones in jan its now april and were still waiting. we should start a bounty for a hacker to be pulling test firmware or leaks from vzw for us ;)

Reactions: Mistertac

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
actually were temp set on that aspect we'll be able to run safestrap with 4.4 just like the AT&T and Note3 users I've got all the file templates ready even in a minute or less i'll build these "magic" upgrade / downgrade SS methods . I've got everything ready just need a leak or official firmware and modem. so as soon as someone comes privy to it please PM me. I'm sure hash will be putting his own update out very soon but we wont be waiting because there will be a workaround. all the waiting tho... this is why If i didnt have unlimited grandfathered in (17TB tethered last month eat it vzw it was proven in court tethering is legal and were able to do what we want with our phones you can't stop us.) or I wouldnt ever b willingly giving my money to a company that deliberately delays and with holds updates from customers so they can lock their crap up more... when they know and we know no matter what they throw on it we will prevail. just stupid we'll be getting 4.42 as 5.0 comes out for the rest of the world lol also why Tmobile is taking over verizon's losing a large percentage of its customers to them next year or so. I was loading 4.4 on tmobile phones in jan its now april and were still waiting. we should start a bounty for a hacker to be pulling test firmware or leaks from vzw for us ;)

Hey thanks.. I clearly didn't know how close you guys were to getting that working for SafeStrap. Some talented people on here for sure.

And I've been debating switching over to TMOBILE myself... Doing some more research first before I jump ship. Really in don't see too too many cons.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.