Screwed Up Need Help URGENT

Search This thread

jarrodli2

Aug 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi. My phone has had issues with not being able to be mount backups on TWRP and have tried everything to fix the problem with no luck. I read somewhere on a post that the only way I can fix my problem is to relock my bootloader and flash a RUU which I'm in the process of doing now. This all started when I accidentally deleted my system files (which was stupid) in TWRP. Have I screwed up and will I be able to flash the RUU onto my phone.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
NEVER do anything until you got the correct files. Who says there is a RUU ? we need info.....

Post the outcome of :

Fastboot getvar all (and del the IMEI & SERIAL)

Can you enter the bootloader and the recovery ?

Reactions: jarrodli2

jarrodli2

Aug 24, 2014
Sydney
NEVER do anything until you got the correct files. Who says there is a RUU ? we need info.....

Post the outcome of :

Thanks for the quick response, it's really late right now but hopefully I can post those details tomorrow morn. I can enter bootloader/hboot which my computer recognizes. Though I have relocked the bootloader which I can easily unlock, it's status is relocked. My recovery (TWRP) was killing me though as every time I pushed a file through adb which was received the bloody program spat out an error every time about being unmountable to the system and cache. I know I shouldn't have rooted my device if I didn't know what I was doing and what did you mean about not having the correct files? I did have a cm11 stable backup but that wouldn't "mount to disk" either. From what I have heard I think this is a soft brick which would mean it is repairable? Or is it just a lost cause?

jarrodli2

Aug 24, 2014
Sydney
Also if this helps, I am s-on and wiped my dalvik, cache, data and accidents the system. I also have a 32 gb sd card installed on the device.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Cool. The easiest way is to unlock the bootloader, load a rom.zip (preferably) a sense 6 (close to stock rom like arhd or maximus) and perform a full wipe in the recovery and install the rom.zip via the recovery (external sd)

See if there are any errors in this process

jarrodli2

Aug 24, 2014
Sydney
Cool. The easiest way is to unlock the bootloader, load a rom.zip (preferably) a sense 6 (close to stock rom like arhd or maximus) and perform a full wipe in the recovery and install the rom.zip via the recovery (external sd)

Tried this, if I try to load a rom onto my m8 it will automatically fail. The rom is not able to be mounted to anything. I also tried flashing a boot.img to try to get it to startup but it also failed from the same reasons as flashing a sense base rom and cm11. Also before I cleared the system partition I had a gpe rom installed if that helps.

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
Was it a complete gpe or just a Rom? Also if Roms are failing to install get the sdcard from the phone and use a card reader...then put the zip on it and flash it..normally a boot.img fastboot should be flashed without problems

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Hofs

jarrodli2

Aug 24, 2014
Sydney
Read this thread carefully, it has info about not mounting issues !

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2850470

Maybe this applies to you too

Ok now I am able to do the fastboot getvar all cmd, here it is:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15_2G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ---
(bootloader) imei: ---
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B11000
(bootloader) cidnum: VODAP021
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: ab0efa49
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.204s

Hope this helps :)

Also I have tried to fix using the solution mentioned though I don't know where to download the "mkfs.ext4 binary".

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Hi, would I be able to flash an RUU onto my m8 International version with s-on?

Yes,you can....find the ruu. And as for that file you could have taken the initiative to PM the user that has it !

There is an RUU for the AT&T Variant online. I used it to restore my M8 back to stock. There is a link here, you just got to look for it.

LOL People rely on having a ruu to much. Good luck in finding one for him. Since he is s-on it has to match his official main too because downgrading is not an option (with a ruu)

1 ruu for the AT&T....does it work on a Sprint device ? Does it work on a international carrier branded device ?

Last edited:

jarrodli2

Aug 24, 2014
Sydney
Yes,you can....find the ruu first

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

People rely on having a ruu to much. Good luck in finding one for him. Since he is s-on it has to match his official main too because downgrading is not an option (with a ruu)

GOD YES!, i've somehow managed to get the bloody device to boot up but now its stuck in a bootloop. I think i opened up a custom rom extracted the boot.img file and flashed it to something (not sure what). Does this mean i have to manually replace each partition (data, cache, system ect.) with a part of a rom?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
I would install a fresh rom via the sdcard.

And you "think" you opened a rom.zip and flashed a boot.img ? Seriously .....

jarrodli2

Aug 24, 2014
Sydney
I would install a fresh rom via the sdcard.

And you "think" you opened a rom.zip and flashed a boot.img ? Seriously .....

Unfortunaly the problem still persists (log) ;

E: Can't mount /sdcard
E: Can't mount /data
E: Can't mount /cache
E: Can't mount /system
Installation aborted.

I really don't know how i've gotten to this point, should I just take my phone back to the manufacturer for repair?

jarrodli2

Aug 24, 2014
Sydney
ok just pm'ed him, hope he can respond soon. As for the state of my phone, is it soft or hard bricked? I just can't tell the difference because other people in the same situation as me have given up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is an RUU for the AT&T Variant online. I used it to restore my M8 back to stock. There is a link here, you just got to look for it.

Again ????

Do you really read that OP has a VODAP M8 and you suggest to use AT&T RUU .. the same case as before that you suggest the same AT&T RUU for a TELUS M8 :confused::confused:

Read man ... read OP ... many many times when your fingers get itchy to write something.

Another thing I always wonder why these people with AT&T like to hang around in Int'l GSM forum instead their own AT&T forum here : http://xdaforums.com/att-htc-one-m8

You guys can help those needy in AT&T ... don't create confusion to the newbies on Intl GSM forum ... please :eek:
    Unless you're a noob yourself then I have nothing else to say
    :victory: FINALLY Fixed my phone (took me long enough), but to no avail I downloaded the latest snapshot of cm11 which i think ill change to viperone (soz cm11). Many thanks to those who helped me and a BIG thank you to Mr Hofs for being there in times of agony and pain. I'm soon going to post a thread to how to solve fixing your m8 after wiping the system :silly:. This Thread Is Now Closed! :highfive:

Post the outcome of :

Was it a complete gpe or just a Rom? Also if Roms are failing to install get the sdcard from the phone and use a card reader...then put the zip on it and flash it..normally a boot.img fastboot should be flashed without problems