[q] help major porblem my phone wont boot

Search This thread

OmarKnows

Aug 28, 2014
Alexandria
okay so i was trying to install bootloader through twrp , it failed (tried clearing dalvik and cache but it still failed) so i gave up on it and pressed reboot, once that happened, the device name appeared for a split second then dissapeared then appeared then dissapeared (keeps appearing and dissapearing) I CANT ACCCESS TWRP MENU , OR BOOT ONLY DOWNLOAD MODE, WHAT DO I DO D:

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
okay so i was trying to install bootloader through twrp , it failed (tried clearing dalvik and cache but it still failed) so i gave up on it and pressed reboot, once that happened, the device name appeared for a split second then dissapeared then appeared then dissapeared (keeps appearing and dissapearing) I CANT ACCCESS TWRP MENU , OR BOOT ONLY DOWNLOAD MODE, WHAT DO I DO D:

Generally speaking: Install bootloader only with Odin.

You should now flash firmware using Odin to save your device. Maybe Kies could restore also.

OmarKnows

Aug 28, 2014
Alexandria
Cant Find my carrier

my carrier is international, only countries are on that list, I dont know which one to choose, also if im gonna flash firmware is it possible to flash 4.1.2? or 4.2.2/4.3?

Androidwizzard

Nov 22, 2013
my carrier is international, only countries are on that list, I dont know which one to choose, also if im gonna flash firmware is it possible to flash 4.1.2? or 4.2.2/4.3?

Depends on your last firmware. What was the bootloader version? If above MJ5, you can't downgrade so you are free to flash eg latest 4.4.2

Androidwizzard

Nov 22, 2013
The MJ5 bootloader, i found one that said it would be flashable through a recovery menu

1. Never flash bootloader through recovery
2. I assume that you have had newer bootloader than MJ5 before flash, so you soft bricked your device
3. To regain full funtional device follow post #4