[ROM] [05/27] MIUI 2.5.25 GB 2.3.7 + ICS Multilanguage for Milestone 2!

Search This thread

phoenix117

Nov 30, 2008
In SuperUser you have a log tab ("Journal" in french, see attached screenshot).
I am currently using build 2.3.16.

Attachments

• 20120725_165708.jpg
    20120725_165708.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 20120725_165713.jpg
    20120725_165713.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: Adamcheck

lucasdeeiroz

Hi guys :cowboy:

The source (wajk GB stable) hasn´t been updated since may. We are still on newest build.

Probably this rom will get one more update, and not much more.

v4 is still far from stable for everyday use.

I love MIUI and I'd love see v4 working stable. I'm on CM9 but when MIUI v4 get stable, I'll change instantly!
Thank you for your hard work and the information!

evilmtv

May 7, 2011
Singapore City
Is it possible to update the bootmenu and/or recovery for this ROM? I tested the MIUIv4 update from 2 days ago and the bootmenu is much newer with the 4 clock values instead of 3 in this ROM.
If yes, where do I get the newer bootmenus/recovery? >.<
I'm going to switch back to this ROM because of several minor incompatibility issues with the apps I use as well as low RAM availability in MIUIv4 but really want the new bootloader :X
Many thanks in advance!

I love MIUI and I'd love see v4 working stable. I'm on CM9 but when MIUI v4 get stable, I'll change instantly!
Thank you for your hard work and the information!
The current v4 is really stable with the recent update and all awesome functions working as they should. You should check it out! Cheers.

evilmtv

May 7, 2011
Singapore City
Hi, I've a question regarding the clock (OC/UV etc) settings. There are many pairs of Freq/Vsel settings in /system/bootmenu/config/overclock.conf in both the file inside this ROM and the stock provided but only 3 is shown on the bootmenu. Are 3 only used? And if so, which 3? If not, do I have to edit and scale accordingly nicely on the overclock.conf file for the values I want?
The confusing part is that M2T (Milestone 2 Toolbox) shows 4 pairs of values. Could someone clear this up for me?

Btw, what do these options actually do?
load_all 1 (what modules do this refer to?)
scaling 0 (??)

Many thanks in advance!

I already tested the new alpha, but the problem with gapps is really annoying. I'm on CM9 until this problem get solved.
PS.: GPS is bad in v4

Weird, GPS was working alright for me :X Tested only twice though, at two different places.

djlooka

Sep 15, 2011
desperatenerd.wordpress.com
Hi, I've a question regarding the clock (OC/UV etc) settings. There are many pairs of Freq/Vsel settings in /system/bootmenu/config/overclock.conf in both the file inside this ROM and the stock provided but only 3 is shown on the bootmenu. Are 3 only used?
If not, do I have to edit and scale accordingly nicely on the overclock.conf file for the values I want?
The confusing part is that M2T (Milestone 2 Toolbox) shows 4 pairs of values. Could someone clear this up for me?

Disclaimer: I've never edited overclock.conf directly, so I don't know about its contents.

This rom is a Defy port. The Defy has almost the same HW specs as our Milestone 2, but its cpu is officially limited to 800MHz, so it only has 3 clock steps: 300, 600 and 800 MHz.
Our phone, instead has 4 steps (300, 600, 800, 1000 MHz - the same as the Defy+).
AFAIK, when you set a configuration which allows only 3 steps (in the bootmenu), the hw internally adjusts to have the last 2 steps equal (e.g. 300, 600, 800, 800 MHz).
I personally trust only M2T for overclocking, but I have also tried this nice app which is designed for the Defy but works nicely.

Reactions: evilmtv

evilmtv

May 7, 2011
Singapore City
Thanks! That cleared my worries!
Sorry, but one more tiny question, so M2T overrides the bootmenu's settings when using the app. But regarding the 'auto apply' option, does it work this way: Boot with Bootmenu's settings -> After boot, M2T autostarts and apply the M2T settings ?

djlooka

Sep 15, 2011
desperatenerd.wordpress.com
Thanks! That cleared my worries!
Sorry, but one more tiny question, so M2T overrides the bootmenu's settings when using the app. But regarding the 'auto apply' option, does it work this way: Boot with Bootmenu's settings -> After boot, M2T autostarts and apply the M2T settings ?

Yep, I think so.
IMHO it's safer this way.
I have found a satisfying overclock - undervolt combo @ 300-22 600-36 800-40 1200-55 :)

Reactions: evilmtv

lillo95

Sep 5, 2011
but this awesome project isn't updated anymore???
because i really found better the 2.3 version than the 2.5

ncc74656

May 5, 2008
How to change the governor and save that setting? Every time I try to change that it returns to conservative after reboot.

will5

Sep 15, 2007

Im receiving some pm´s about updating this rom. We are still on the last MIUI 2.x.x released.

There is no new build to port.

Looks like this rom is as stable as it can be and miui team isn´t adding any new feature since last update.

I have on wip a v4 rom (unstable as hell) and a miui 2.x.x running on GB kernel, but my phone isnt working anymore, so only testing is on friend´s phone. That means little to no testing. I dont want to release non working or dangerous roms.

So, if you want something new, try @ufo´s JB miui port and help reporting bugs!

Reactions: Megalith27

Megalith27

Feb 17, 2012
Baku

Im receiving some pm´s about updating this rom. We are still on the last MIUI 2.x.x released.

There is no new build to port.

Looks like this rom is as stable as it can be and miui team isn´t adding any new feature since last update.

I have on wip a v4 rom (unstable as hell) and a miui 2.x.x running on GB kernel, but my phone isnt working anymore, so only testing is on friend´s phone. That means little to no testing. I dont want to release non working or dangerous roms.

So, if you want something new, try @ufo´s JB miui port and help reporting bugs!

Hi Will.
Thanks for still being around :) The thing is that although JB miui port is beautiful it still requires some work, i think it's stable enough but it's very laggy and that makes it hardly usable. I was wondering if you could contribute on making it lighter/slimmer so that it doesn't not use so much memory.

Thanks again for all your work

And if you're willing to work on v4 or v4.1 i am sure there are plenty of volunteers, like myself, willing to test and provide feedback, even if it may lead to flashing sbf's over and over :p Thanks to locked bootloader we can't hard brick our phones, only soft bricks and the danger of running out of beer :good:

Last edited:

peter_h

Mar 1, 2007
MM2 no longer booting after this update

Hi all,

After following the instructions to...
1) Root with SuperOneClickv2.3.3
2) Load and run Droid_2_Recovery_Bootstrap_v1.0.0.5.apk
3) Boot to Reboot Recovery to 1) Back up 2) Wipe data and cache inc Dalvic cache; 3) apply UPDATE.zip
...I've now got a A953 phone that will only show signs of life if I take out the battery and hold the on/off button for 3 secs, whereupon a red Moto circular logo appears for a second or two, and then the screen goes blank and nothing else happens.

Any advice as to what to do now? (I'm a relative newbie to ROM loading, so any help is much appreciated! :) )

Thanks,
Pete

Lean946

Jul 29, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hi all,

After following the instructions to...
1) Root with SuperOneClickv2.3.3
2) Load and run Droid_2_Recovery_Bootstrap_v1.0.0.5.apk
3) Boot to Reboot Recovery to 1) Back up 2) Wipe data and cache inc Dalvic cache; 3) apply UPDATE.zip
...I've now got a A953 phone that will only show signs of life if I take out the battery and hold the on/off button for 3 secs, whereupon a red Moto circular logo appears for a second or two, and then the screen goes blank and nothing else happens.

Any advice as to what to do now? (I'm a relative newbie to ROM loading, so any help is much appreciated! :) )

Thanks,
Pete

You were on stock GB before, right?

peter_h

Mar 1, 2007
You were on stock GB before, right?

Yes, I believe so.
I did some more research last night, and I've managed to restore to original stock 2.3.4 ROM, by:
1) Downloading the UK RETAIL MILS2_U6_4.1-22_SIGNED_UCAMILESTONE2B1B80E1014.0R_UCXMILE2GBQWRTGB ROM (from runamux.net/search/view.php?type=zip&id=Ax7dp92c&name=MILS2_U6_41-22_SIGNED_UCAMILES )
2) Remove and replace battery
3) put battery back, started up phone by pressing-and-holding ON/OFF for 3 secs while holding CAMERA and VOL UP. A recovery screen appeared saying “Bootloader”, “Battery OK”, “OK to Program”. Connected USB to your computer, opened RSDLite, selected the device and downloaded ROM file, and then start the flashing.

So all is OK now... except I'm back to square one.
Any hints on what might have gone wrong, and how to install MIUI succesfully? :) THanks!

Lean946

Jul 29, 2012
Buenos Aires
Yes, I believe so.
I did some more research last night, and I've managed to restore to original stock 2.3.4 ROM, by:
1) Downloading the UK RETAIL MILS2_U6_4.1-22_SIGNED_UCAMILESTONE2B1B80E1014.0R_UCXMILE2GBQWRTGB ROM (from runamux.net/search/view.php?type=zip&id=Ax7dp92c&name=MILS2_U6_41-22_SIGNED_UCAMILES )
2) Remove and replace battery
3) put battery back, started up phone by pressing-and-holding ON/OFF for 3 secs while holding CAMERA and VOL UP. A recovery screen appeared saying “Bootloader”, “Battery OK”, “OK to Program”. Connected USB to your computer, opened RSDLite, selected the device and downloaded ROM file, and then start the flashing.

So all is OK now... except I'm back to square one.
Any hints on what might have gone wrong, and how to install MIUI succesfully? :) THanks!

Great, that's exactly what I was going to tell you :)
OK, so in order to flash MIUI you are going to need to flash a different kernel. Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1497263 and download the file called "downgrade_for_bl=3.rar". Unrar it and flash the sbf with RSD.
Next, root your phone again, and use Droid 2 bootstrap (here: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1296196&d=1346516221 ) to reboot into custom recovery, from there, flash the bootmenu: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22668980&postcount=80
Reboot once into android, and once again. When the blue led flashes, press the volume down button, and go to the custom recovery.
From there, wipe data and flash MIUI.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: will5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I´d ported MIUI to milestone 2, applying all fixes from endless7 and r2beta.

Latest update based on MIUI WajkIUI 2.5.25.

Changelog:

Recommended updates:

Added support for WMA and APE music formats.
    Improved handling of returning to call from other applications.
    Major improvements to the gallery application
    For a full list of the changes please keep reading…

System:

New compass, Sound recorder, Flashlight effect of increasing the real vibration effect (Mione only) Fix in some cases the theme comes up garbled after applying Fix touch screen clicks in rapid succession causing inaccurate identification (Mione only) Fix in some cases touch-screen zoom operation problems (Mione only) Fix sliding switch control of the desktop, jittering reposition of the screen indicator (Mione only) Fix in some cases, low battery when the phone repeatedly restarts (Mione only)

Phone:

Added record call information into the new contact Optimisation of support for direct emergency calls directly (area code and emergency number not required, just the emergency number) Optimisation of the caller interface default display lockscreen picture Covering the distance sensor and then uncovering it while calling, the expanded keyboard will be folded

Contacts:

Added support to copy numbers of unknown contacts from the details page Added support to send a stranger (unknown contact) details page number Added new local account support group Importing vCard file will automatically remove delimeters (Chinese environment) Fix problem with editing contact details page, select the group and see the group name has been deleted Fix in some cases adding a contact to a group leads to FC problem

Backup manager:

Added support for local backup and restore (backup data compatible with 2.3 OS)

Browser:

Restoration of web site access issues for Jingdongs Mall web site, access to site could not be opened

Messaging:

New message page list for group selection Optimisation of the message list and bubble styles Download button problems with Mms fixed, download button does not download Fix problem where contact picture is not displayed in the Messaging app Click on picture will fix the error pop-up mass rapid action bar problem Clicking E-mail contact heading repair, pop-up shortcut bar does not display the right information

Lockscreen, status bar and notifications:

Added support for string operations on variety lockscreen (compare, selectm stitching etc) Added support for the return (back) key and press the volume key to unlock on the default lockscreen Added notification screenshot shortcut bar, click on the notification bar shortcut to take screenshots Optimisation of the USB switch style on the notification bar

Launcher (Desktop):

New MIUI desktop helper New lockscreen clock and photo frame widget Fix folder named ‘Pure Digital’ the folder does not show the problem

Other:

Added support for the power button to respond to alarm operations, i.e. turn off, snooze

Use:

Flash UPDATE_2.5.25.zip from cwm 4.x.x.x or greater http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1196590. Wipe cache, dalvik and factory reset (if you are coming from another rom). Reboot.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, IT COULD HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE, LIKE ANY OTHER CUSTOM ROM. IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLICK YOU MADE.

BUGS:

KB light not working (FIXED, go to settings->display->advance mode->"use custom" set to on->"edit other levels" change 0 to 255 on the first two keyboard inputs, then "save settings", done)(thanks to tweemee & endless7)

Launcher has some problems. But I think are present on defys rom too. Im trying to fix before upload. (FIXED)
    Main Downloads:

-1.9.9: old

-1.9.16: old

-1.9.23: old

-1.10.8: old

-1.10.21: old

-1.10.28: old

-1.11.11: old

-1.11.18: old

-1.12.02: old

-1.12.16: old

-2.1.6: old

-2.1.20: http://mir.cr/SVTHLZCY old

-2.2.3: http://mir.cr/7MHMD9A5 old

-2.2.17: http://mir.cr/0H65HXV5 old

-2.3.16: http://mir.cr/INYFQQV8 old

-2.4.20: http://mir.cr/VGKWDYL8 old

-2.5.25: http://mir.cr/M1TJOKGI

You can always check for mirrors (with no waiting time) or last builds here: http://death-force.com/index.php?action=downloads (thanks to deathsix17)

Additional Downloads:

-Stock cpu/vsel values (will make battery worse, only use if you have reboots to miui boot logo): http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1YRTSCON/STOCKVSELCPU.zip_links Flash with cwm.

-Milestone2toolbox: Allows to change baseband, cpu values, vsel levels, and many more (Could be dangerous if you dont know what you are doing): http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0XXLXBGG/Milestone2ToolBox.apk_links

-Volume Mod (change songs with volume keys, ONLY for 2.5.25): built in in rom.

-Launcher Pro: In case anyone prefer launcher pro instead of miui launcher. http://mir.cr/0YD6NTDX Flash with cwm. Wipe dalvik and cache.

-ICS (Android 4.0) Theme: In case you like ICS, there is a theme for MIUI based on ICS http://www.4shared.com/file/r2fZdq8Y/ICS_MIUI_Theme.html. Use a file browser to install it, just click on it.
    Changelog 2.5.25:

- optimized framework
    - optimized battery settings
    - optimized network settings
    - optimized phone settings
    - updated MiFileExplorer thnx to apooonet
    - removed Swipe to Remove Notification
    - removed Extended Settings Menu Options
    - removed Google Maps
    - optimized recent and added some new tweaks
    - updated Google Play to 3.5.19

Not sure why google maps was removed, please install it from market if you need it.

As always, thanks to wajk and miui team.
    2.4.20 released :)

The source (wajk GB stable) hasn´t been updated since may. We are still on newest build.

Probably this rom will get one more update, and not much more.

v4 is still far from stable for everyday use.