ICS a place to chat

Search This thread

i-l-l

Jun 18, 2010
riddle me this...is there a working mod for onscreen buttons for any of deck's latest builds?

krucialcuts

Apr 26, 2011
will evo 4g ever get a working ics camera before they 86 the phone all together. just curious to how long everbody will be making roms for our phones before they stop since the new wave of phones are coming

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Doesn't fix it, its a work around but I like stock messaging too much to u use gosms

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

Have you tried goSMS? It is so much better than the stock one! WAY more things you can do. You can customize it like crazy, down to the font color and size, background, etc. Also, you can draw random doodles and send it right to someone through the app. Very handy at times! I could never go back to the stock app now.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Is there an ICS build that works all the way?

I'm not sure what you mean by "all the way," but if you mean front facing camera, camcorder, 4G, etc.... then no. Not even close.

If you mean something that is usable as an everyday device, then yes. They are very stable, very smooth, and very fun to use. Pretty much all of them are roughly the same right now. They almost all have full hardware acceleration, camera (with some slight bugs), and are slick and stable.

My personal favorite at the moment is the latest build of the AOKP (Build 31). It is unbelievably smooth - by far the most responsive ROM my phone has ever seen. Only one reboot I believe, and that could be kernel-related because I wasn't using the stock kernel (I tried the Mason 0.14 SBC non-fso kernel, which is awesome for battery life by the way).

Reactions: cobmojo and Art2Fly

cobmojo

Apr 6, 2012
I second what PsiPhiDan said.
I'm very happy with AOKP B31 (with camera fix) using the .14 Mason Kernel.
I can't wait for the next AOKP build and Mason kernel v.15.

metaphysical_calamity

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2011
New Orleans
Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334679700605.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334679700605.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 34

timn03

Apr 14, 2012
Kansas City, Kansas
aokp milestone 4

Running AOKP milestone 4 on my evo and loving it. only thing i wanted that didnt work was sprint vvm. switched to google voice, it gets the job done. using it as my everyday cell phone and its working great. tried build 32, liked some of the added options but for my daily phone i need something more stable, which is why im still on milestone 4. looking forward to the next milestone, though!

Tsoul0529

May 31, 2010
Chicago
I think the developers (Deck, MazWoz, Kwiq, ProTekk, Team D.I.R.T, etc.) have done an amazing job on the current ICS roms!! Each rom has its own swag and flare :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I thought I would start a page for everyone trying out the new beloved ICS alpha roms to talk. This way the developers can work and their pages stay clean.

I have installed the latest preview 1 plus the zip labled as hardware acceleration. plus the inivisable tweaks. This thing is running like a champ now. the keyboard is responsive. I turned off the animations and forced the 2d gpu settings. I also have v6 supercharger installed. Been running for almost 4 hours without any random reboots. 3d games will suck but the 2d ones are running good.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    Is there an ICS build that works all the way?

I'm not sure what you mean by "all the way," but if you mean front facing camera, camcorder, 4G, etc.... then no. Not even close.

If you mean something that is usable as an everyday device, then yes. They are very stable, very smooth, and very fun to use. Pretty much all of them are roughly the same right now. They almost all have full hardware acceleration, camera (with some slight bugs), and are slick and stable.

My personal favorite at the moment is the latest build of the AOKP (Build 31). It is unbelievably smooth - by far the most responsive ROM my phone has ever seen. Only one reboot I believe, and that could be kernel-related because I wasn't using the stock kernel (I tried the Mason 0.14 SBC non-fso kernel, which is awesome for battery life by the way).
    Preview 4
    What I have found that works
    sms
    wifi
    1x
    3g
    Bluetooth
    calls
    gallery
    hardware acceleration
    gps
    sound
    moms
    headphones

What does not work or work correctly

camera
    4g (not that it will ever work for me Cricket does not support it)

this is all I have had time to test.

I would like to thank all the developers for all their had work. This is great so far!!

Let me preface this by saying I appreciate all the hard work all the dev's have done on these builds, and they are all pretty good in their own respects, but JaredtheGreat's ICS rom v2.3, which I'm running right now, is easily my favorite. It's running smoother for me than any of the other builds from deck or platt and I'm having absolutely no issues with fc's, etc. I'd definitely recommend trying this one out if your having any issues with the other ICS builds

:edit my mistake they do have an ics build.

The reason its so stable is that it is only a heavily themed version of 7.1. It does have a few ics features yet it is not ics. Not trying to bad mouth a good rom here but don't want anyone thinking it is something it's not.

AOKP vs. MIUI.

So I'm currently checking out AOKP to compare it to the latest MIUI where I came from. I'm using NOVA launcher for both. To begin with they're very similar (Of course coming from the same code base). Both have the same issues (Front camera, Video recording, and Netflix don't work. Buttons don't light up. Battery consumption is very high). Other than that most everything seems to work.

AOKP seems a bit faster and I do like some of the customization options they provide with ROM control. Some of these don't seem to work for me or maybe I'm doing something wrong, but anything related to the lockscreen doesn't seem to work (i.e. Lockscreen style, volume music controls, fast torch, etc).

Even with ROM Control MIUI is still ahead when it comes to customization options. Themes still don't apply correctly in MIUI and a few options are missing as compared to the last GB version. A matter of preference I guess, but I still like the MIUI dialer way better than even the latest ICS dialer.

Bottom line is right now I'm undecided whether to stay with AOKP or go back to MIUI...They're both daily driver material for me as I don't need Netflix or Camcorder on a regular basis. I'll jump on whichever release the next version first.

Edit: My battery usage was very high, but after I did Battery Calibration it seem actually pretty decent. Right now standing at 30% after 15+ hours with moderate use. Torch still doesn't work by pressing the home button.

Just a note Jared has just put up a MIUI based ICS..it's in beta so there will be some glitches..but if you like MIUI might be worth a look..it on his site blazing-rom