[ROM][CM9-Kang] Jellybean Sandwich v2.0 [08/25/13]

Search This thread

Anthony820

Jan 3, 2012
Greensboro
I was debating trying to tweak more stuff, but tbh, with it being cm9, there's not a lot of innovation going on in ICS these days. The only thing I considered was xposed framework, but most of the tweaks that apply to ICS are barely even cosmetic. Maybe a call recorder orsomething.

I didn't expect this much interest tbh. I do like playing with stuff, so if people want to see stuff added, I may. I don't want to just jam a bunch of crap into it for the sake of "features" only to impact stability and speed.

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
I have this set up just like I would with a 4.2.2 from minus the notification background picture and kill all button and phablet mode .........I tried to duplicate what I'm uses to and I think I got pretty close .. if you add features I won't complain but do what you feel fit.

••••changes with every flash••••

Last edited:

indecks

Oct 3, 2012
Go into settings > Advanced > Sensors

I will post a flashable to get stock animations. Will be a few hours.

Thanks! So far, it's a great ROM. Only issue I've had so far (only been running it for about 8 hours) is at one point the phone wouldn't wake up when hitting the power button. Eh, so what. I just rebooted and its fine so far.

Thumbs up from me. :)

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
First off I want to say thanks op for answering the questions and offering us a solid rom. I can't believe how quick and smooth this baby runs. The animations are fantastic I will not get bored of them. Are you planning on adding more to this? Not that it would matter to me. I'm happy but I'm with the others a kill all button would be Stella. I will be interested to see where this one goes. I never though t I would be way back on ics

$ø|\/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|\/| ⁴.².²

jibjab90

Feb 28, 2013
This rom is insanely responsive, the only thing that would make it perfect for me is the kill all apps button as others have said. Nice work!

fatrabitt

Feb 23, 2012
The hold back button to kill app is in developers options

They are talking about killing all app from recent not holding the back button.... So when you hold the home button and all your recent applications appears there is usually a small button on the bottom left corner to close all recent apps

evrox

Jul 18, 2012
Austin
The few things I have noticed...
I like the animations.....I sped them up to .5 instead of 1.

Lockscreen - weather doesn't update
Lockscreen - screen flickers with live wallpaper
Google Now - works, but doesn't talk. Just the results show up
I am not getting sound on my keyboard clicks or notifications when email or text messages show up, even though the volume is turned up.

Anyone else notice these, or is it just me?
Any suggestions?

TIA

edit: Nevermind on the notification sound.....I had the quiet hours time backwards, so it was on. Everything else is still valid.

Last edited:

Anthony820

Jan 3, 2012
Greensboro
I cannot fix the weather on the lockscreen. Yahoo changed their API months ago. I've scoured XDA and I can't find anyone anyplace that's fixed cm9's weather. If they have, they didn't make their changes public. If anyone knows otherwise, link, please. In the meantime, I'd recommend Go Locker or Widgetlocker if it means that much to you.

Otherwise, update coming shortly. Windows Phone 7 task switching and Android 4.2.2 statusbar/notifications. I'll post screenies.

Mes3

Jan 17, 2011
Not to sound unappreciative, but some of this stuff should be separate flashables, ya know? WP7 task killer is cool and all, but it kinda doesnt fit aesthetically speaking. Either way, just one man's opinion!

:highfive:

Also, hows everyone's battery doing on this?

Anthony820

Jan 3, 2012
Greensboro
I agree, it's definitely not Jellybean-ish. I like it, though. And I'm too stupid and too lazy to make two modifications of the apks. C'est la vie.

As for Battery. I recommend installing IncrediControl, UV'ing everything three knotches, and if you don't play games, you shouldn't notice a performance hit moving your max speed all the way down to the 1100s. Also Greenify everything.

Edit: And I didn't do the solid ugly blue background like most WP7 task mods. I think it's atrocious. I made sure to stick with the transparent background. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tube517

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jellybean Sandwich
    zHBzQ6O.jpg

What is it and why a CM 9?

Jellybean, in my opinion, despite what the masses will have one believe, is a buggy, slow mess on our device. Whether it's a 4.2 AOSP or 4.1 TW. I've run both for weeks at a time, and every time that new-car-smell wears off, I realize that I'm sacrificing speed and stability simply to say "I run jelly bean!" Although I very much hope those intelligent, compassionate, and diligent devs keep working on them to overcome the CM kernel mess of the past few months and Samsung's gimping of our 4.1 FW. :)

This Kang is all CM9's stability, speed, and battery life with all the, imo, meaningful enhancements from 4.1+. If you're frustrated with JB builds or you want to give your old Note to a girlfriend/wife/mom that isn't so hot with technology, this ROM is one you can put on it and not worry about, while it still being so tricked out that it will impress even cutting edge Android dorks from XDA.

Features
    CM 9.1 Base
    Floating Windows [Xposed]
    Flapp's 3.0.2 AOSP kernel
    Custom Animations (see video below)
    Transparent Statusbar
    Mikeyxda's Google Now port for ICS
    ES File Explorer
    Adblocked Host file + AdAway 2.3
    Adobe Flash Player
    Android 4.3 Camera (Photosphere working)
    Android 4.3 Fonts
    Android 4.3 Sounds
    Android 4.2 Notifications/Toggles
    Tabbed Settings
    Android Market 4.1.6
    Polaris Office 5
    Free Voice Recorder
    Greenify
    GPS Tweaks
    BLN
    CRT Off Animations
    Custom Carrier

Installation
    Backup your JB build you think is actually speedy
    Wipe Cache & Davlik & Data (No data if upgrading)
    Download and flash ROM - Mirror
    Upon Boot: 1. Install Xposed. 2. Reboot. 3. In XPosed, activate HaloFloating Module. 4. Reboot​

Bugs:
    All CM 9.1 Bugs -- Lockscreen weather will NEVER work.
    Google Now may not want to talk to you. Try flashing manually
    Android 4.3 camera doesn't like video recording.

Change Log
    Version 2.0
    Reverted Task Switching to Android style
    Removed vibration from lock screen
    Added Xposed + Hover Window functions
    Applied Android 4.3 font as default system font

Version 1.5
    WP7 task switching
    Android 4.2 Notifications/Toggles
    Included my modded gapps

Sources & Thanks:
    Kernel Source
    CyanogenMod - I can't find the sources. So whatever.
    Thanks to JamieD for posting some of the 4.3 goodies and pumping out AOSP like we actually pay him for it.
    Thanks to eng.stk for creating (porting?) the framework animations
    Thanks to ptmr3 and bigfau for banging their heads against the touchwiz wall and making miracles happen.
    Thanks to evilisto for creating the wp7 task switching mod
    Thanks to seraj for his notification/toggles & settings mod

Holding a DSLR in your hand to record and not cleaning your screen before filming are not recommended.
    Updated to 2.0

- Removed wp7 task switcher
    - Removed vibrate on lockscreen
    + Added Hovering/Popup Window support
    Jellybean Sandwich

What is it and why a CM 9?

Jellybean, in my opinion, despite what the masses will have one believe, is a buggy, slow mess on our device. Whether it's a 4.2 AOSP or 4.1 TW. I've run both for weeks at a time, and every time that new-car-smell wears off, I realize that I'm sacrificing speed and stability simply to say "I run jelly bean!" Although I very much hope those intelligent, compassionate, and diligent devs keep working on them to overcome the CM kernel mess of the past few months and Samsung's gimping of our 4.1 FW. :)

This Kang is all CM9's stability, speed, and battery life with all the, imo, meaningful enhancements from 4.1+. If you're frustrated with JB builds or you want to give your old Note to a girlfriend/wife/mom that isn't so hot with technology, this ROM is one you can put on it and not worry about, while it still being so tricked out that it will impress even cutting edge Android dorks from XDA.

Features
    CM 9.1 Base
    Flapp's 3.0.2 AOSP kernel
    Custom Animations (see video below)
    Mikeyxda's Google Now port for ICS
    ES File Explorer
    Adblocked Host file + AdAway 2.3
    Adobe Flash Player
    Android 4.3 Camera (Photosphere working)
    Android 4.3 Fonts
    Android 4.3 Sounds
    Android Market 4.1.6
    Polaris Office 5
    Free Voice Recorder
    Greenify
    GPS Tweaks (set to North American servers.. sorry euros)
    BLN (of course)

Not Included:
    Custom Launcher -- Everyone likes their own. I personally prefer Nova
    Android 4.1+ Keyboard -- Download "Google Keyboard" from Market. Or use Kii, Swift, or whatever. Again, too personal of preference.

Bugs:
    All CM 9.1 Bugs -- so none?

Installation
    Backup your JB build you think is actually speedy
    Wipe Cache & Davlik
    Download and flash ROM
    Download and flash MY TWEAKED ICS GAPPS *** If you do not use my Gapps package, you will break the 4.3 Camera and you will not have the latest market!​

Disclaimer:
    If you needed to read the directions above, you probably shouldn't be downloading this, and I couldn't care less if your phone turns into an angry t-rex with low blood sugar.

Sources & Thanks:
    Kernel Source
    CyanogenMod - I can't find the sources. So whatever.
    Thanks to JamieD for posting some of the 4.3 goodies and pumping out AOSP like we actually pay him for it.
    Thanks to eng.stk for creating (porting?) the framework animations
    Thanks to ptmr3 and bigfau for banging their heads against the touchwiz wall and making miracles happen.

Holding a DSLR in your hand to record and not cleaning your screen before filming are not recommended.

Whoa! Where did this come from?!?! Definitly Giving this a go! Thank you! But a trusty friend dev of mine is making cm10 4.1.2 with all the sources added so no reboots! :D
    The SDCard thing is some weird byproduct of the notification mod I added in. If you flash another ROM, it will check the sd card as fine.

As for other weird problems, I'd love to help everyone, but I'm the furthest thing possible from a DEV. I just assembled other people's work, and at best, modded a few XML files and recompiled apks using a guide I found. My version of "fixing" something is just reflashing whatever I did that broke it. To be honest, I couldn't even get the damn notification/toggles to be removed from my own copy. I even copied stuff over manually. It blew my mind. So, as for the WP7 removal not working. I'm clueless, Zack. The best advice I could give is to just rip the SystemUI.apk out of 1.0 and copy it over the SystemUI.apk in your /system/app. Reboot after.

While I'm thrilled so many of you (or few in relation to others roms) enjoy this one, it saddens me that I can't offer real help. I'm just a guy who spends far too many hours reading XDA and follows XML tweaking guides.
    Anthony, I know you're not a dec, but do you know how I can install/activate Google Now? Installed 1.5 but it wasn't present.

I have no clue why it wouldn't have copied in, but just flash: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hsos53699wq2ttm

It'll take care of you.

So is there a way to circumvent the notification mod or will the reversion to 1.0 fix the sdcard error as well?

If the 3 second error only when you reboot is frustrating you, or you don't like the 4.2 notification mod, 1.0 will fix both.