need help

Search This thread

mr.jabr

Jan 13, 2014
Hello there,
I have a problem that may look wired for some but it actually happend to my galaxy s2. I had a stock jeally bean, then I installed a jelly synap rom. I noticed that the display from the sides got smaller than before in the jeally bean. I came back to jeally bean but in vain. The display is not as big as it was. I tried every possible way; installing stock rom and stock recovery but they all failed. So PLEASE I need help.

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Well that is weird. But you have now a smaller screen is the resolution also different or you cant see parts of the screen now?. I think your display has some problems then if you have it like that. Can you try this code in dialer on stock *#0*# can you post some pictures? Looks me like a hardware fault

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mr.jabr

Jan 13, 2014
Well that is weird. But you have now a smaller screen is the resolution also different or you cant see parts of the screen now?. I think your display has some problems then if you have it like that. Can you try this code in dialer on stock *#0*# can you post some pictures? Looks me like a hardware fault

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I think the problem has to do with the software not hardware as the display was good before installing the new rom. Also, When I tried the rom on another phone, the same happened. The display gets smaller from the sides of the phone. Regarding the code, I tried it and every thing seems good. The problem is in the sides of the phone.I can't post a picture until I get 10 posts.

mr.jabr

Jan 13, 2014
I attached the picture.Please take a look at it and see if it is normal or the screen is smaller (from the sides) than usual.

Attachments

• Aj9Lk.jpg
    Aj9Lk.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 26

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Looks also normal to me but i cant see much difference if you have the stripes. Could you make on in a brighter light cause those screens from these days can be pretty black.
Download this white background in the attachment and open it. Then take something to measure the distance between the screen and the end of your phone left to right.
It should be something like4mm maybe a bit smaller so say 3-4. Could you measure that? If it is also 3-4 mm then it is good uploadfromtaptalk1389814977971.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

mr.jabr

Jan 13, 2014
thanks for your reply.I can't see your attachment but I could manage measure the display and find it 5.6 CM. I'm talking about the display width from left to right, the lighted area. Is this normal? if it is, then i'm going to have an eye test:(