Help me decide...

Search This thread

Lurien

Aug 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I'm a current Evo Lte user. I have never used an LG phone but the G3 looks amazing! Should I get it? I'm really need to know how well it's working for you guys.. Anyone disappointed with it?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

G

GuestK0087

I'm a current Evo Lte user. I have never used an LG phone but the G3 looks amazing! Should I get it? I'm really need to know how well it's working for you guys.. Anyone disappointed with it?

Also an EVO user (still use as WiFi device) and I recognize you from those forums. I highly recommend this device! Gave up my Nexus 5 for it and absolutely no regrets. IMHO, the best device currently available.

Lurien

Aug 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Also an EVO user (still use as WiFi device) and I recognize you from those forums. I highly recommend this device! Gave up my Nexus 5 for it and absolutely no regrets. IMHO, the best device currently available.

Hey thanks for recognizing.. lol. Well in all honesty I really believe all the hype about the G3, but I'm also considering the M8 cause it's closer to what I'm accustomed to. I guess I'm just hesitant to move on to something different. Also I'm concerned about the reported lag and heating up on the G3...

haoleflip

Dec 9, 2010
Like someone mentioned above, I was a long-time Galaxy S fan. I had every one from the Fascinate to the S4. My first LG phone was the G2, which I got on a whim because my S4 broke. Let's just say I loved the G2 so much that I HAD to get the G3. :)

The only downer for me is that there is no root yet, but of course that will come with time. The problems you mentioned above, I don't experience myself, but root will fix a lot of it. The dev in charge is going through some life problems atm, so we have to wait. I am definitely patient though. It's like waiting for Christmas!

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurien
G

GuestK0087

Hey thanks for recognizing.. lol. Well in all honesty I really believe all the hype about the G3, but I'm also considering the M8 cause it's closer to what I'm accustomed to. I guess I'm just hesitant to move on to something different. Also I'm concerned about the reported lag and heating up on the G3...

Personally, I have zero heat issues but I don't game other than solitare. As far as lag goes, I'm still in disbelief because I have not experienced that either. Enable dev options, set animations to .5. I had used Nova for a week and then switched back to stock. In my opinion, lag is a myth. Possibly on the 16/2 models it may exist but this is much faster than my Nexus was.

Lurien

Aug 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thanks for the feedback guys.. much appreciated. I'll let you know if I get it. (Most likely I will). Oh, another thing, is it safe to buy from either Amazon or bestbuy? Only cost 100$..

haoleflip

Dec 9, 2010
Personally, I have zero heat issues but I don't game other than solitare. As far as lag goes, I'm still in disbelief because I have not experienced that either. Enable dev options, set animations to .5. I had used Nova for a week and then switched back to stock. In my opinion, lag is a myth. Possibly on the 16/2 models it may exist but this is much faster than my Nexus was.

I'm actually an avid gamer. My phone gets a little warm after a while, but not warmer than what I'd expect from a 2.5ghz, 3GB RAM beast lol it's not like super hot though, like people have been saying. I have even played while the phone is charging. It doesn't get extremely hot at all. The quad HD display is absolutely beautiful for gaming and even videos, too.

Thanks for the feedback guys.. much appreciated. I'll let you know if I get it. (Most likely I will). Oh, another thing, is it safe to buy from either Amazon or bestbuy? Only cost 100$..

I'd say it would be OK. Is it $100 with renewal of contract?

Last edited:

thunder1979

Aug 18, 2011

I got mine for $100 on contract from Best Buy. No problems. It was the price that drew me in. It's pretty much impulse buy territory. I have 5 lines on the ED1500 family plan and Framily would actually cost me significantly more because everyone on the plan is a high data user. So to me, if I'm happy with the service and don't plan on leaving, what sense does it make to switch to a more expensive plan where I pay the full price of the phone over 24 installments when I can get it subsidized and only pay $100 once.

Also, my co-worker and fiance had Evo LTEs. I guess our area has a lot of band 41 and Sprint Spark flies. I have seen upwards of 70 Mbps. I get +50 Mbps at my desk at work in Addison, Texas. After seeing my speed tests my co-worker picked up a G3 at lunch one day and has been blown away. He would previously get less than 1 Mbps with his Evo LTE at work. The best part is shutting up all the Sprint haters when we compare speed test results. AT&T, lucky to get over 15 Mbps. Verizon, 8-10 Mbps. T-Mobile is nigh unusable. I used to be embarrassed, but now I can see where Sprint's network vision investment with my own eyes and it's glorious.

Last edited:

Lurien

Aug 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I want to pull the trigger on the G3 but for some reason I keep pondering the M8... Damn! Getting a new phone is like buying a house...lol! But I'm almost certain that I can't go wrong with either phone.. It's just a tough decision... Could use some more feedback from those that have used both..thanks!

dakoellis

Jan 6, 2009
I know this would probably require root or something but I'm curious to know if there's a way to force the G3 to stay on LTE signal??

You could force LTE (not sure exactly how to do it, but it would likely require the right dialer code and the MSL) but you wouldn't be able to get phone calls since there's no VoLTE

thunderwagn

Sep 26, 2010
Loveland, Colorado
I want to pull the trigger on the G3 but for some reason I keep pondering the M8... Damn! Getting a new phone is like buying a house...lol! But I'm almost certain that I can't go wrong with either phone.. It's just a tough decision... Could use some more feedback from those that have used both..thanks!

I still can't for the life of me understand all the m8 hype. I've seen so many blogs and posts about the "premium build".... Just because it's a metal shell does not mean premium, or great build quality in my book. I was pretty unimpressed when I actually tested one out. It's like a tin can wrapped around a piece of glass. To me the build quality was crap the way the shell wraps the glass bezel. This is in the g3 forum so I don't feel bad dissing the m8

Lurien

Aug 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I still can't for the life of me understand all the m8 hype. I've seen so many blogs and posts about the "premium build".... Just because it's a metal shell does not mean premium, or great build quality in my book. I was pretty unimpressed when I actually tested one out. It's like a tin can wrapped around a piece of glass. To me the build quality was crap the way the shell wraps the glass bezel. This is in the g3 forum so I don't feel bad dissing the m8

Your opinion is respected but I'm more concerned with how the phones actually work. And I've heard that the M8 is probably the smoothest out there.. and I'm very use to HTC phones so that's why I'm maybe still considering it. But the G3 looks a beast, no doubt about that..

thunderwagn

Sep 26, 2010
Loveland, Colorado
Your opinion is respected but I'm more concerned with how the phones actually work. And I've heard that the M8 is probably the smoothest out there.. and I'm very use to HTC phones so that's why I'm maybe still considering it. But the G3 looks a beast, no doubt about that..

So far I've been very pleased with the LG g3. I've had zero issues. Performance for me has been great. The screen looks fantastic and battery life has been outstanding. You have the ability to remove most of the bloat, and the camera is excellent. Build quality is nice and solid, and I liked the striped down ui. 5.5 screen is really easily handled as well by design.
The last few years I've had HTC and Samsung so LG is a welcomed change ?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

jmkarnai01

Oct 10, 2010
Middlesex, NJ
HTC 10
OnePlus 7
So here are phones... Hero, evo 3d and the evo LTE. As you can see it was HTC all the way. Got this phone 3 weeks ago, picked up my evo twice and think ugh, so small and slow........why am I even?! I've now seen you and a small handful of us from the LTE. Usually don't say much, just listen so to speak and I would not go back, get the m8 or any device besides this. It's like the power of 3 lte's and has a great camera.
Not my say in it, but I have not regretted it at all! :beer:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're so right. I've given this too much thought. The thing is I want to make the best purchase possible cause I'm not into trying one out and then exchanging it to try another. Too much hassle for me and I don't have time for that. Unless I get a device that obviously faulty... But in the end, I'm sure that whatever phone I decide to get will be better than what I have now... Thanks for your input.. Hope you're enjoying yours...

That's what you go to the store for and play with the phone's for a bit that's what i do. I would go to the store and be there for about an hour or more playing with the phone until I'm ready to make my decision it's no bueno asking for help as to everyone has their own taste in devices.
    My first lg phone also, coming from a s3, I'm very happy with this device!

Sent from my Gunmetal Lg G3
    Like someone mentioned above, I was a long-time Galaxy S fan. I had every one from the Fascinate to the S4. My first LG phone was the G2, which I got on a whim because my S4 broke. Let's just say I loved the G2 so much that I HAD to get the G3. :)

The only downer for me is that there is no root yet, but of course that will come with time. The problems you mentioned above, I don't experience myself, but root will fix a lot of it. The dev in charge is going through some life problems atm, so we have to wait. I am definitely patient though. It's like waiting for Christmas!

I know this would probably require root or something but I'm curious to know if there's a way to force the G3 to stay on LTE signal??

You could force LTE (not sure exactly how to do it, but it would likely require the right dialer code and the MSL) but you wouldn't be able to get phone calls since there's no VoLTE
    I was an HTC guy myself till the s4. Hero, Evo, evo 3d, evo lte. After switching away I wouldn't even think about going back. Now it's a battle between Samsung and LG. Went from s4 to g2 to s5 to g3. In my eyes Samsung and LG are the top dogs now. Just wish the development community was like the og evo days.

Every time I hear that it takes me back for sure. I too had og evo, spoiled, so much development on that bad boy, still got it to, anyway, hope the op enjoys the new LG.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2