[Q] xt1031 why not much support?

Search This thread

vitokes

Jul 7, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
Alright so ive been looking and looking and i havent had much luck. Is there just not much support for the moto g boost mobile variant? am i just over looking or what?

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
We have Roms, recoveries, etc.. What more do you need?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

pl4life52

May 11, 2013
I didnt see a lot for the xt1031 aswell just the 1032 and 1034. Im guessing their not interchangeable. I am looking to purchase a moto g but have decide which one and also not sure how the hspa compares to lte on metro

pl4life52

May 11, 2013
So if someone has a boost moto g and flashes a verizon version rom they wont boot loop or brick their phones?

I know the S3 was not able to do that between carriers thats why Im asking

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
Aosp/cm based ROMs seem to be interchangeable. Do not go flashing official ota updates from carrier to another.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

alfick3

Aug 22, 2011
DFW, TX
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
I didnt see a lot for the xt1031 aswell just the 1032 and 1034. Im guessing their not interchangeable. I am looking to purchase a moto g but have decide which one and also not sure how the hspa compares to lte on metro

For Metro, I'd stick with the 1032 or 1034 (International GSM (also the Google Play Edition) and US GSM version). Metro won't support the CDMA versions (XT1028 & 1031 I believe) since joining with T-Mobile.

I can't give you a personal example of how the HSPA+ signal compares to Metro's LTE, but on my LG Motion, in the Dallas area, I'm getting anywhere from 5 to 10 Meg download speeds. I've seen people talking about 10 to 15 download speeds on the Metro/T-Mobile HSPA+, so I think it'd be pretty comparable, if not better.

I'm still waiting on my Uncle Sam to give me my tax refund after filing it a couple of days ago. I'm planning on getting my Moto G in the next couple of weeks or so. I will get the US GSM variant (XT1034).

pl4life52

May 11, 2013
For Metro, I'd stick with the 1032 or 1034 (International GSM (also the Google Play Edition) and US GSM version). Metro won't support the CDMA versions (XT1028 & 1031 I believe) since joining with T-Mobile.

I can't give you a personal example of how the HSPA+ signal compares to Metro's LTE, but on my LG Motion, in the Dallas area, I'm getting anywhere from 5 to 10 Meg download speeds. I've seen people talking about 10 to 15 download speeds on the Metro/T-Mobile HSPA+, so I think it'd be pretty comparable, if not better.

I'm still waiting on my Uncle Sam to give me my tax refund after filing it a couple of days ago. I'm planning on getting my Moto G in the next couple of weeks or so. I will get the US GSM variant (XT1034).

Thanks for the info, Im trying to find someone in the NY area that has one of these on metro because im getting 20+ on my motion right now

vitokes

Jul 7, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
Just letting you know every time I have flashed a ROM no matter if it's xt1031 or 32 I always get roaming indicator off and can't get rid of it. Just saying. If anyone knows a workaround let me know. Cause it still shows I have 3g but my phone won't show my carrier name.

Stryeguy

Mar 30, 2009
Just letting you know every time I have flashed a ROM no matter if it's xt1031 or 32 I always get roaming indicator off and can't get rid of it. Just saying. If anyone knows a workaround let me know. Cause it still shows I have 3g but my phone won't show my carrier name.

Yeah, I have that same problem, even with CM11's official build.

Are you able to send/receive MMS?

Any builds other than that for the XT1031 breaks MMS, as far as I know. I've tried messing with APN settings with no avail.

I'd like some clarification, as well, if anyone has any ideas

Last edited:

vitokes

Jul 7, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
I haven't tried sending any MMS, but I definitely can't retrieve them. Idk what the deal is. I haven't found anybody else with the problem besides you. I had stated another thread on this but I didn't get much help. Seams like it went ignored. One guy did try buy I didn't get anywhere either. It Sean's like roaming indicator off blocks off a couple things like pics and what not but everything else continues just fine. I even tried to do a flash from stock 4.3 and 4.4.2 and still nothing.

Stryeguy

Mar 30, 2009
I haven't tried sending any MMS, but I definitely can't retrieve them. Idk what the deal is. I haven't found anybody else with the problem besides you. I had stated another thread on this but I didn't get much help. Seams like it went ignored. One guy did try buy I didn't get anywhere either. It Sean's like roaming indicator off blocks off a couple things like pics and what not but everything else continues just fine. I even tried to do a flash from stock 4.3 and 4.4.2 and still nothing.

It seems like it's an APN issue to me, honestly. I decided to completely to restore my stock firmware using the guide here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47820707#post47820707

The roaming indicator text is gone and MMS can be sent/received.

Afterwards, I re-rooted my device and just left it as-is until the problem is rectified. Have you tried flashing either the the ROMS by Team-Osiris?

vitokes

Jul 7, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
I decided to completely to restore my stock firmware using the guide here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47820707#post47820707

The roaming indicator text is gone and MMS can be sent/received.

Afterwards, I re-rooted my device and just left it as-is until the problem is rectified. Have you tried flashing either the the ROMS by Team-Osiris?

So wait you had troubles with it on your stock ROM? Only time I had troubles was when I flashed a custom ROM.

And I have not tried the Team-Osiris ROMS.

Stryeguy

Mar 30, 2009
No, only until I flashed any custom ROM did I have the problem.

Now that the issues are gone, I'm rooted stock, and have since made a nandroid with working MMS and "Boost Mobile" as the carrier name.

Here are the ROMs:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2619850
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2621586

So wait you had troubles with it on your stock ROM? Only time I had troubles was when I flashed a custom ROM.

And I have not tried the Team-Osiris ROMS.

vitokes

Jul 7, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
No, only until I flashed any custom ROM did I have the problem.

Now that the issues are gone, I'm rooted stock, and have since made a nandroid with working MMS and "Boost Mobile" as the carrier name.

Here are the ROMs:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2619850
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2621586

I will give them a try once I get home. I had to wake up early and go completely back to stock in the same 40 minutes it took me to get ready. So I don't have root and custom recovery ATM. But I will later and I can report what happens with those builds. What recovery are you using?

Stryeguy

Mar 30, 2009

vitokes

Jul 7, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
Alright so I used the both ROMs from Osiris, both Baked and normal. They don't gave roaming indicator off but instead it shows the network is Sprint. MMS still doesn't Sean to work but that's the only problem I gave. Data behaves the same. I started using twrp with touch fixed from dhackers cm11 page. Give it a try maybe.