Is there a 5.1 Controller mod fix?

Search This thread

jarjarfinks

Feb 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
www.readyreload.org
Hi, I recognize you from the GeForce forums. There is a way, and I can provide that tonight once I get home from work if you'd like. Basically, you'd need the keylayout and keymaps for the KitKat version. Honestly a simple fix, but you'd need root, and need to know where to place them. Other than that, assuming it's the same in Lollipop as it's always been, you should be able to just drop the keylayout and keymaps into a folder, replace the existing ones, and it should go back to normal. I can write a guide for n0obs later tonight. Is that something you'd like?

Also, not that it matters, but my GeForce Forum name is FeFiFoChizzle.

For the NVIDIA button, here's a guide:
http://xdaforums.com/nvidia-shield/development/mod-remapping-nvidia-button-t2961672

The file he uses is in the same directory as where the other keymaps also are. If you feel confident, just take all the files from that exact directory on the KitKat version and replace them in the Lollipop version, and it should work fine

jarjarfinks

Feb 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
www.readyreload.org
Try this out

So, can you try to flash this zip? Make sure you do a Nandroid or TWRP backup first please.
If it works, let me know, if it doesn't work, tell me what happened. If may not even flash in recovery, but if it does, and it works, great!

I may be making a Shield Custom ROM soon, but we'll have to see where it goes. For now, this should fix the problem

Attachments

• keylayout-updater.zip
    315.5 KB · Views: 12

Neoistheone2000

Mar 30, 2012
Tornado, WV
marksworld.dyndns.info
Another update, I tried to replace the files manually from your zip and the buttons quit working.

Volume and I believe start worked but home, back and the Nvidia button didn't.

I'm gonna try grabbing them from my shield tablet and see what happens and I'll post them if they work, if not I'll try editing them manually.

Edit: the Tablets button layout makes the Nvidia button act as a wake/lock button and the home button doesn't do anything I can tell, back works.

Here are the Tablets files.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Attachments

• shield_tablet_files.zip
    45 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

jarjarfinks

Feb 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
www.readyreload.org
Another update, I tried to replace the files manually from your zip and the buttons quit working.

I'm gonna try grabbing them from my shield tablet and see what happens and I'll post them if they work, if not I'll try editing them manually.

Edit: the Tablets button layout makes the Nvidia button act as a wake/lock button and the home button doesn't do anything I can tell, back works.

Okay, I'll try to edit the files manually. If I didn't work full-time I'd be all over this **** lol
I will do my best to finish that up tonight

Reactions: Neoistheone2000

jarjarfinks

Feb 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
www.readyreload.org
So, thus far, I haven't been able to get it working. It does exactly as you mentioned and disables the keys. I even make 100% sure permissions were identical to what they were before placing the newly edited files in. Sorry, I saw no reason it shouldn't work, but it isn't

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Okay, I'll try to edit the files manually. If I didn't work full-time I'd be all over this **** lol
    I will do my best to finish that up tonight