[April 05] L26 HD2 Rotatingphonecanvas wm6.5.x for Chefs (beta 7)

Search This thread

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
nevermind did it myself
Hi !

Even if it's QVGA, maybe you could share the file, before and after changes, please ?

Maybe it could help anyway sorting things out. :)

I'm beginning to doubt if the sip icon overlay is realy fixed or that it will be fixed if you fix position of the phonecanvas if you know what I mean. ;)
First of all, I'm glad you could minimize the number of files to replace, so it does't imply to change all the system ! :p

I'm using your L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B7 package, and if works as perfectly as possible.

Now I would like to talk about the SIP icon misplacement.

You successfully fixed the horizontal position, so it's still better like that anyway, but the icon still moves vertically when rotating.

Yes, only when rotating. I thought it was a problem with landscape, but it's not : if you start in landscape mode, it's still centered correctly.

The icons moves down only when rotating, then it stays there.

Another hint : the icon is displayed as a 80x84 rectangle where the magenta background, if any, is replaced by a crop from the softkeybar under the icon starting position.

What's more, it's built from the portrait mode softkeybar : I'm using a slightly textured (honeycomb) softkeybar, and the landscape bar is clearly a stretched version of the portrait bar, while the SIP icon background isn't, so it becomes clearly visible. It's a problem when trying to use a fully transparent bar, as it then displays a portion of the portrait wallpaper around the icon. having the possibility to use full transparency for the icon background would actually be wonderful, but I guess this one wouldn't be easy ! :p

Anyway, upon rotating, a process somewhere is used to redraw the SIP icon on top of the bar, and instead of using the WM6.5.3 version (84 pixels high), it incorrectly uses a WM6.5 basis (52 pixels high) to calculate the icon's starting position : that's why it goes down, then stays there.

My guess is you actually fixed the first drawing position, but not the redrawing position ! ;) If you can remember what values you looked for and what you replaced them with, maybe you should be able to locate another occurrence and do the same there. :)

IMO, the "redraw" feature comes from the fact that without the HTC phone canvas add-on, the left softkey is used to open and close the SIP, as the icon showing in "tiled" mode (as opposed to the "text softkeys" mode) suggests (BTW this is responsible from the ugly left button showing the original SIP icon and the "All people" text displaying at the same time in "tiled" mode), so HTC had to add and manage their own additional keyboard icon somewhere else.

EDIT:
Hang on, no call history is recorded for any calls that match contacts? Its going to have to be a revert to 5.2.23569 again :eek:(
Just made a few tests, and it's all OK for me.

History is complete, but the list showing on top of the dialer never displays more than one call from the same caller... ;) You have to display the full history to see all the calls in detail.

Or maybe you have different other system files, so it behaves differently ? It works OK on my NRGZ basis.

Last edited:

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
well, there is a code part that is responsible for sip position after orientation change, strange that nobody noticed it :)
was always fixed in rom's canvas fix.

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
Hi, Ultrashot. :)

I noticed something else :

The first time you rotate the phone, the HTC keyboard SIP icon (complete with background tiled button) briefly displays on top of the (already) displaced phone SIP icon, then disappeared (it looks like either the saved background is restored, or the phone SIP icon is redrawn once more, I'll have a closer look). ;)

This happens only once, and happens starting from any orientation. :)

Another thought : I've been searching the files for the original (WM) phone SIP icon, you know, the one that's adding to the left softkey text in tiled icons mode (it's actually alone there in pure WM, as there's no "All people" button, then), with no success.

I noticed that in some ROMs (and not only NRGZ28's), it's replaced by another icon (generally the "OK"/"X" one), but though "OK" and "X" icons actually exist as PNG pictures, I could never find the square grid keyboard / barred keyboard otherwise used under WM / Titanium.

It look like they dont exist as single pictures (PNG or else), nor I could find them inside a DLL or EXE. Unless they're stored as binary data and not tagged as pictures ? But, then, why is there an "OK" or "X" icon sometimes showing instead ? :confused:

I was wondering if, provided it would probably be to hard to modify cprog.exe to stop it from showing this icon in text-only buttons mode, we could at least make it void, or in he worst case, as a single pixel, so it stops looking so ugly in tiled mode... :D

Last edited:

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
About the left softkey unwanted icon in tiled mode, I made an interesting (and rather puzzling) discovery :

Energy Roms have always displayed an "OK" icon there (instead of the "keypad" icon that should show there without HTC phone canvas)...

So I changed the registry so it would point to another icon...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\BubbleTile]
"BubbleTileOKDisabledIcon"
"BubbleTileOKIcon"

Guess what ? Yes, it changes on this damn button ! :D

The phone canvas actually displays whatever is used to display the "OK" button... At least on my ROM, and even after having replaced all the EXEs and DLLs with the beta 7 package contents !!!

That's weird ! :p

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
Don't You understand what I'm saying ?

OK, so let's explain with pictures.

These are text mode buttons :

attachment.php

These are bubble tiled buttons :

attachment.php

The display mode in use is choosen by swtiching values from this unique registry key :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\BubbleTiles]
"TextModeEnabled"

0 = bubble tiled mode
1 = text mode

Now if you look at what the "All People" (left softkey) button is displaying, you'll notice it reproduces the "OK" button icon.

It's actually an error, as it should display only text there ; In any case, if it has to display an icon, the "dialer SIP" icon should be shown (the one I reproduced on this picture as the center icon, to get a nicer matching one), not the "OK" key !

So let's prove it always (and wrongly) uses the "OK" key picture there.

Here is my ROM's default "OK" key, as you can see (bottom right) :

attachment.php

The actual icon is choosen according to these registry keys :

"BubbleTileOKIcon"="\Windows\classicblue_bubble_ok.png"
"BubbleTileOKDisabledIcon"="\Windows\classicblue_bubble_ok_disabled.png"

Now let's do something silly, i.e. use another picture for this button. Anything roaming around will do the trick, for instance :

"BubbleTileOKIcon"="\Windows\Star.png"
"BubbleTileOKDisabledIcon"="\Windows\Star.png"

Ok, now what do you think you'll see ?

Yes, you're right, this is the new looking "OK" button :

attachment.php

But wait, how does the dialer softkeys look, now ?

Well, the left softkey is still going nuts, as you can see :

attachment.php

Honestly, I'd be happy if this could be fixed. Since the tiny "star" icon I used in this example was much smaller than the original "OK" icon, you can obviously see it even always uses the full theorical icon width, whatever its actual size.

This is just ugly. :(

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 88
  • ScreenShot2.jpg
    ScreenShot2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 88
  • ScreenShot3.jpg
    ScreenShot3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 85
  • ScreenShot4.jpg
    ScreenShot4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 82
  • ScreenShot5.jpg
    ScreenShot5.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: poyensa

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
you have a really strange phone canvas :)
Well, it's actually a standard, ordinary HTC phone canvas.

The blue bar is Energy style.

The central dialer keyboard icon is self made.

The text / bubble tiled options are standard WM6.5, have always been there and skin all the buttons in the whole system, as shown on the MS Pocket Excel screen examples.

And unfortunately, the icon+text bug on the left softkey has been always there, even on stock ROMs (though the icon doesn't always show the "OK" icon).

I wanted to show the unwanted icon could vary along with the registry's contents.

BTW, I replaced all the programs and files NRGZ28 put in his ROM by the beta7 package contents, so the left softkey icon appearance can't come from a special phone canvas... As it's not my ROM's original one anymore.

It should come from somwhere else. I even tried other, more complete packages including tcputil and pimstore, and it still displayed the same icon ! :p

I'm actually wondering if it would be looking for another registry entry for that icon and not finding it, so it would take the next encountered one ? But I couldn't figure out what it should be.

I was able to find "IDS_ALL_PEOPLE" in phcanhtc.dll so I know it looks for that label to display on the button. I could also find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\PhoneCanvas\LargeBtn\DialerLSKMode" so I know it's also responsible for the different functions available to the left softkey...

But nothing about the icon showing in bubble tiled mode, so I think MS phone canvas is still trying to display the original dialer icon there.

However, if it was cprog.exe's fault, why does it display a different icon for different people ? I replaced mine by the one in the beta7 package, so it should behave the same way it does for you, shouldn't it ? But as you can see, it doesn't.

Or else, the explanation comes from the fact that something else than cprog.exe is responsible from that... A file I didn't replace. So it has to be a file that nobody ever thought about replacing. ;)

shenglu

Oct 9, 2011
Black screen or no call is still a problem is fixed, I guess you do not check the most PPL. It exists, when the dial is turned off, or today screen. COM 2 only build it, it's correct.

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
Well, it's actually a standard, ordinary HTC phone canvas.

The blue bar is Energy style.

The central dialer keyboard icon is self made.

The text / bubble tiled options are standard WM6.5, have always been there and skin all the buttons in the whole system, as shown on the MS Pocket Excel screen examples.

And unfortunately, the icon+text bug on the left softkey has been always there, even on stock ROMs (though the icon doesn't always show the "OK" icon).

I wanted to show the unwanted icon could vary along with the registry's contents.

BTW, I replaced all the programs and files NRGZ28 put in his ROM by the beta7 package contents, so the left softkey icon appearance can't come from a special phone canvas... As it's not my ROM's original one anymore.

It should come from somwhere else. I even tried other, more complete packages including tcputil and pimstore, and it still displayed the same icon ! :p

I'm actually wondering if it would be looking for another registry entry for that icon and not finding it, so it would take the next encountered one ? But I couldn't figure out what it should be.

I was able to find "IDS_ALL_PEOPLE" in phcanhtc.dll so I know it looks for that label to display on the button. I could also find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\PhoneCanvas\LargeBtn\DialerLSKMode" so I know it's also responsible for the different functions available to the left softkey...

But nothing about the icon showing in bubble tiled mode, so I think MS phone canvas is still trying to display the original dialer icon there.

However, if it was cprog.exe's fault, why does it display a different icon for different people ? I replaced mine by the one in the beta7 package, so it should behave the same way it does for you, shouldn't it ? But as you can see, it doesn't.

Or else, the explanation comes from the fact that something else than cprog.exe is responsible from that... A file I didn't replace. So it has to be a file that nobody ever thought about replacing. ;)

I am interested to know what functionality you have missing when using the standard Windows Mobile dialer, or how you fixed the issues. I tried this a while ago but contacts didn't work correctly, phone numbers in emails or web pages wouldn't dial plus other stuff I can't quite remember :confused:
The main reason I am still building with 5.2.23568 is that the official phone canvas from the stock HD2 ROM works with it. All the other branches don't work and you have to graft in various bits from this build to get it to work. In my case they never work properly and obviously the phone is the main bit I want to work.

Andy

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
23568 is COM5, isn't it ?

I always found these ones were the most stable and pleasant to use.

My favorite Energy ROM was the 23569, but unfortunately, NRGZ28 didn't make localized versions then.

I kept the NBH, thinking one day I'll do something out of it... But I only have the HD one : I didn't have my HD2 yet !

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
23568 is COM5, isn't it ?

I always found these ones were the most stable and pleasant to use.

My favorite Energy ROM was the 23569, but unfortunately, NRGZ28 didn't make localized versions then.

I kept the NBH, thinking one day I'll do something out of it... But I only have the HD one : I didn't have my HD2 yet !

5.2.23568 is the only WM6.5.x build that the HD2 phone canvas works with natively. Unfortunately it was abandoned a while ago and there are various issues with it.

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
This is not totally correct. If you use PhoneCanvas 5, you can see greats results if you don´t need videocall.
Regards

Hmm? I have tried this and the freezing on incoming calls problem appears. I'd like to know what packages/modifications you have to get a Phone Canvas 5.x package working in new builds with the HD2?

Andy

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
Sorry, I don´t have an HD2, but I believe than there is a thread for this.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=978099

Yes, and if you check that thread out you can see the posts I have already made. The only conclusion so far is that on newer WM 6.5.x builds there isn't a natively functioning phone canvas for the HD2. The COM5 build (5.2.23569) works with the phone canvas from the last official 3.14 ROM for the HD2 but there are a couple of cosmetic gliches. Any later releases (2315x, 290xx etc) and we hit the freezing and lack of caller ID etc (all documented quite well in other threads). If you replace some of the modules/files in these newer releases with some from the 23569 release you get some functionality back, however it isn't quite perfect.

It appears some of the newer 3G dialers (V5.x) work natively with these later WM 6.5.x builds but the last phone canvas released for the HD2 does not. I have a HTC Blackstone and I have the Huashan dialer in my cooked ROM and it works almost perfectly with two small cosmetic gliches.

Andy

malatest

Sep 26, 2008
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Yes, and if you check that thread out you can see the posts I have already made. The only conclusion so far is that on newer WM 6.5.x builds there isn't a natively functioning phone canvas for the HD2. The COM5 build (5.2.23569) works with the phone canvas from the last official 3.14 ROM for the HD2 but there are a couple of cosmetic gliches. Any later releases (2315x, 290xx etc) and we hit the freezing and lack of caller ID etc (all documented quite well in other threads). If you replace some of the modules/files in these newer releases with some from the 23569 release you get some functionality back, however it isn't quite perfect.

It appears some of the newer 3G dialers (V5.x) work natively with these later WM 6.5.x builds but the last phone canvas released for the HD2 does not. I have a HTC Blackstone and I have the Huashan dialer in my cooked ROM and it works almost perfectly with two small cosmetic gliches.

Andy
Yes, I have a Topaz and I used Huashan dialer with DPADMenu from PhoneCanvas 4.2 for fix the 2 blanks in the menu (ip...(don´t remember)).
But videocall wasn´t work, so I thougth that could be good for HD2 (2G).
Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear friends,

After investigating several phonecanvas for HD2 like Huashan, Oboe, Rhodium, Topaz on wm6.5.x I've managed to find that latest phonecanvas is capable to autorotate.

I've tried and read about all the fixes that exist for wm6.5.x and managed to patch
    phonecanvas so it rotates fine.

Replacing dlls doesn't always work and I taught lets try to do the patches myself so it matches the current phonecanvas.

A special thank to Ultrashot for giving me the final hint here and here

My buddy Cracing I like to thank for helping me out with IDA as that's completely new for me and without him I wouldn't have managed as well.
    Today April 1 he also fixed the final issues and the phonecanvas is working beautifull now.

Monx I like to thank for the position fix tip here

Alex~~ for the tip to remove extra scrollbar here

I'm not sure if it will work in all kitchens but I can try to help you if you have any question.

I'm still working to improve the dialer, if I have any updates I will post them. :)

If you have any suggestions/fixes I'm happy to hear them as well so we can make a 100% working dialer.

This is version 5 of the dialer, the softkeys are now fixed too.

Grtz,

Laurentius26 :)

Download the packages:

April 05 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B7
    April 01 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B6
    March 30 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B5
    March 30 2011, L26_HD2Rotatingphonecanvas_B4

Changelog:

beta 7, with all respect to my friend Cracing but his fix in beta 6 didn't work for me,
    after incoming call it's freezing the softkeys in tray and conflicting with the lockscreen.

This fix replaces celltsp.dll, cfghost.exe and cprog.exe in sys, tcputil and pimstore are not needed so I removed.

beta 6, incoming call in landscape dialer popsup/caller ID/buttons all working, credits and thanks to Cracing doing the final steps.
    beta 5, position correction in phcan to 0x24 (after a tip from Ultrashot, post #5)
    beta 4, scrollbar fix landscape plus softkeys (tip from Cracing to use cprog and pimstore com 5 to fix softkeys)

Landscape1.Png

Landscape2.Png

Portraitdialer.Png
    There's no cab, this is Chef Central for cooking roms.
    The extended package for phonecanvas you can use in a kitchen and cook a rom with it for testing.

Even if I would make a cab, it wouldn't work on every rom.

That's my question ,too.
    Dear friends,

After investigating several phonecanvas for HD2 like Huashan, Oboe, Rhodium, Topaz on wm6.5.x I've managed to find that latest phonecanvas is capable to autorotate.

I've tried and read about all the fixes that exist for wm6.5.x and managed to patch
    phonecanvas so it rotates fine.

Replacing dlls doesn't always work and I taught lets try to do the patches myself so it matches the current phonecanvas.

A special thank to Ultrashot for giving me the final hint here and here

My buddy Cracing I like to thank for helping me out with IDA as that's completely new for me and without him I wouldn't have managed as well.

Monx I like to thank for the position fix tip here

Alex~~ for the tip to remove extra scrollbar here (not in landscape atm)

I'm not sure if it will work in all kitchens but I can try to help you if you have any question.

I'm still working to improve the dialer, if I have any updates I will post them. :)

If you have any suggestions/fixes I'm happy to hear them as well so we can make a 100% working dialer.

This is version 3 of the dialer, the softkeys are now fixed too.

Grtz,

Laurentius26 :)

Thanks for the hard work mate
    Seems to work, thanks for your hard work for a dying OS! :)

*I'm still loving my HD2*
    Don't You understand what I'm saying ?

OK, so let's explain with pictures.

These are text mode buttons :

attachment.php

These are bubble tiled buttons :

attachment.php

The display mode in use is choosen by swtiching values from this unique registry key :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\BubbleTiles]
    "TextModeEnabled"

0 = bubble tiled mode
    1 = text mode

Now if you look at what the "All People" (left softkey) button is displaying, you'll notice it reproduces the "OK" button icon.

It's actually an error, as it should display only text there ; In any case, if it has to display an icon, the "dialer SIP" icon should be shown (the one I reproduced on this picture as the center icon, to get a nicer matching one), not the "OK" key !

So let's prove it always (and wrongly) uses the "OK" key picture there.

Here is my ROM's default "OK" key, as you can see (bottom right) :

attachment.php

The actual icon is choosen according to these registry keys :

"BubbleTileOKIcon"="\Windows\classicblue_bubble_ok.png"
    "BubbleTileOKDisabledIcon"="\Windows\classicblue_bubble_ok_disabled.png"

Now let's do something silly, i.e. use another picture for this button. Anything roaming around will do the trick, for instance :

"BubbleTileOKIcon"="\Windows\Star.png"
    "BubbleTileOKDisabledIcon"="\Windows\Star.png"

Ok, now what do you think you'll see ?

Yes, you're right, this is the new looking "OK" button :

attachment.php

But wait, how does the dialer softkeys look, now ?

Well, the left softkey is still going nuts, as you can see :

attachment.php

Honestly, I'd be happy if this could be fixed. Since the tiny "star" icon I used in this example was much smaller than the original "OK" icon, you can obviously see it even always uses the full theorical icon width, whatever its actual size.

This is just ugly. :(