[GUIDE]Root Evo 3D!|Win/Mac/Linux|VIDEO WALKTHRU|HTC Unlock Method|9/7/2011

Search This thread

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
Duh, why you think i said what i said? this guide still works. aside from that one detail. im being usful.

2 Years OldYou may have been able to help 2 years ago but if you look around more there are more guides that (no a fence to op) Work better then this one so in the end no bringing up a to year old thread just for su that some could have searched for instead of posting is not being helpful

Sent From My Dual Booting,Recovery Switching HTC Evo 3D Powered By the Dark Lord

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Video walk-thru:
    Also dowload video:
    http://androidrooted.com/file/HTCEvo3D/rooting/NewRoot6512/HowToRootHTCEvo3DNew.mp4

This new rooting method from HTC works on software version 2.08.651.2 and later using HTC's unlock method. You can also do it on all platforms including Windows, Linux, and Mac.

*Note - This root method does give you full root and you can flash new ROMs and kernels. Please see 2nd post on how to flash a new kernel!!!

*Note2 - This one's only tested with Sprint Evo 3D, haven't tested with Evo 3D GSM.

Before we begin, check the software number on your phone by going to Settings->About Phone->Software Information.

Your software number should be 2.08.651.2 or LATER. If not, go do the software update under Settings->System Updates->HTC software update and start over.

For Mac users, please replace "fastboot" with "./fastboot-mac" in the instructions below.

For Linux users, please replace "fastboot" with "./fastboot-linux" in the instructions below.

Step 1. Download rootevo3dnew.zip file and unzip to root folder of your hard disk or desktop.

DOWNLOAD HERE or download the attachment below!

Step 2. Put your Evo 3D in fastboot mode by first going to Settings->Power and make sure "Fast boot" is checked off.

Step 3. Turn off your phone then power up by holding down Power Button and Volume Down button.

Step 4. Hit Power again to enter Fastboot.

Step 5. Connect your Evo 3D to your computer, your phone should say "Fastboot USB".

Step 6. For Windows, install the HTC drivers HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe in the zip file. For Linux and Mac you don't need to install drivers.

Step 7. Open up a command prompt in Windows by typing "cmd" under Start->Search and for Linux and Mac, open up a terminal.

Step 8. Go browse into the directory where you unzipped rootevo3dnew.zip, for Windows:

cd \rootevo3dnew

or

cd Desktop\rootevo3dnew

if you unzipped to your desktop.

For Mac and Linux, likewise:

cd /rootevo3dnew

or where you unzipped the files to.

Step 9. Next type:

fastboot oem get_identifier_token

You should get a bunch of code. If you don't, you have an older OTA, go do the software update under Settings->System Updates->HTC software update and start over.

Step 10. Now, copy everything starting with <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>> and ending with <<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>> .

*Note - In Windows, when you copy, sometimes it adds a white space to the beginning, if you get errors, try copying the token to Notepad then getting rid of spaces before pasting it to HTC's site.

Step 11. Go to HTCDev.com and sign up as a user. Then goto Unlock Bootloader->Get Started->Begin Unlock Bootloader. Agree to the legal terms, proceed all the way to Step 10 and paste the token you just copied.

Step 12. If you get errors, try the Notepad tip above, otherwise you should be getting a file called Unlock_code.bin as an attachment in your e-mail.
    Download this file off your e-mail then copy the file over to the rootevo3dnew directory.

Step 13. Next go back to your command prompt/terminal and type:

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Step 14. Go to your phone and hit the Volume Up button and then Power button to unlock bootloader.

Step 15. If you got this far, congratulations, your Evo 3D's bootloader has been unlocked!!!

Step 16. Your phone will reboot.

Step 17. Put your Evo 3D in fastboot mode by first going to Settings->Power and make sure "Fast boot" is checked off. (Again, yes).

Turn off your phone then power up by holding down Power Button and Volume Down button.

Hit Power again to enter Fastboot.

Step 18. Type the following to install ClockworkMod Recovery:

fastboot flash recovery cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img

Step 19. Go back to your phone and choose Bootloader then hit the Power Button.

Then choose Recovery then hit the Power Button.

Step 20. When you get Revolutionary CWM blue menus, go to "mounts and storage" using your Volume buttons and hit the Power button.

Then choose "mount USB storage" and hit the Power button.

Step 21. Go to your computer and copy over su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip to your Evo 3D.

Step 22. Go back to your phone and hit Power button to get out of USB mode. Then choose "+++++Go Back+++++" and hit the Power button.

Then choose "install zip from sdcard" and hit the Power button.

Then choose "choose zip from sdcard" and hit the Power button.

Then choose su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip and hit the Power button.

Choose "Yes" and hit the Power button.

Step 23. Reboot and enjoy root!

I recommend Synergy ROM btw, go install this ROM!

FAQ

After rooting my Evo 3D using HTC Unlock method, I still get S-ON?

It doesn't matter, the HTC Unlock method gives you a fully unlocked bootloader, the S-ON is meaningless once you unlock as you can install recovery and ROMs.

Can I still flash new kernels?
    Yes, you can flash new kernels, you just have to launch clockworkmod recovery from fasboot.

Thanks to user Doomstang and guys at Revolutionary.io for the Recovery!
    this isn't development! it goes in general

Seriously dude, quit with this crap. Who made you a mod?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    files

Mirrors here!

http://www.multiupload.com/9SAQPK0A20

You need to launch ClockworkMod Recovery from fastboot to flash kernels, otherwise you might brick your phone while trying to flash 2.3.3 ROMs, but here's a video tutorial on how to flash kernels/ROMs from fastboot:

this isn't development! it goes in general

What a troll..

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App
    See, I have been telling y'all this forever...and a day