[App] Forget Me Not v1.0 - A ToDo List Manager

Search This thread

Roshnal

Aug 28, 2011
Kelaniya
Hello All,

This is the first app published by Cuibono Studios (my brand name) and so far I have 38 downloads and 64% active installs. Forget Me Not is a ToDo list manager for Android 1.6 and up.

For more info please check it up on the Android Market: search for "Forget Me Not" and its the app with a red and black pencil icon. (Can't post the link here because I'm a new poster to this forum)..

Guys if you can, please download it and post a review and/or rate it (and also please discuss your thoughts on this thread). It would really help me out as this is my first app...

Thanks in advance,
Roshnal (President/Developer of Cuibono Studios)

Reactions: jinan and osaeed

spawn782

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Roshnal,
I just published my first app here and I was able to get tons of feedback from the members of this forum, and since this is your first app, I would also like to return the favour that others gave to me.

Okay, enough pleasantries. :)

I downloaded and installed your app
I really like the clean interface, but I did have a couple of bugs.
When I first opened the app, a dialog opened stating that I don't have any lists and if I would like to create one. I then created a new list and the prompt came up again even though I already created a new list.

After adding items to the list, I clicked on them to mark the as read, (the read items were really difficult fr me to see though, almost the same colour as the background)
I tried then marking them as unread by long clicking...all except the last reverted to an unread state. I tried a couple of times, but it was still "grayed" out.

I hope this helps a bit and keep at it.
Since I have more posts than you I can post links (its below so others can go directly to it)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cuibono.forgetmenot

Regards
Shawn

Reactions: TimSmet and Roshnal

Roshnal

Aug 28, 2011
Kelaniya
Hi Shawn,

Thanks a lot for testing my app! I really appreciate it! :D

When I first opened the app, a dialog opened stating that I don't have any lists and if I would like to create one. I then created a new list and the prompt came up again even though I already created a new list.
I didn't encounter it on my testing but I will see to this as soon as possible.

I tried then marking them as unread by long clicking...all except the last reverted to an unread state. I tried a couple of times, but it was still "grayed" out.
How many tasks did you have on that list? I also found out that if the list scrolls, some of the tasks are grayed out even if they are marked as "unread" in the database.:confused: And if you go back from the list (to the lists page) and click the list again, did it work?
I have no idea why this is; But I will see to this also.

Look forward to the first update coming soon!

Thanks again,
Roshnal

spawn782

Jun 5, 2010
I only had like 4 items on the list, so there was no scrolling. When I exited the app and re-entered it was still greyed out. I retried by long clicking on item again, but the still thing happened.

Roshnal

Aug 28, 2011
Kelaniya
New Update For Forget Me Not

A new update for Forget Me Not have been released today! Please check it out and give me reviews or suggestions if you can.. :)

Thanks for @spawn782 for testing and telling me about the bugs. These are fixed now, so give it a go again!

Regards,
Roshnal
(President/Developer of Cuibono Studios)

osaeed

Sep 30, 2010
Hello All,

This is the first app published by Cuibono Studios (my brand name) and so far I have 38 downloads and 64% active installs. Forget Me Not is a ToDo list manager for Android 1.6 and up.

For more info please check it up on the Android Market: search for "Forget Me Not" and its the app with a red and black pencil icon. (Can't post the link here because I'm a new poster to this forum)..

Guys if you can, please download it and post a review and/or rate it (and also please discuss your thoughts on this thread). It would really help me out as this is my first app...

Thanks in advance,

Now this is something I have been waiting for a long time. It's simple to use and gets your stuff done. I will let you know if I ever come across any bugs.

Thanks for this Roshnal.

Reactions: Roshnal
Hi,
Suggest moving the task creation buttons (create next, done) to the top of the screen to save the user from having to hide keyboard.
Add to the long press functionality of the list view the option to add a new task.
On the task list, add a long press or (and?) menu option to edit the task. Likewise to rename a list.
Good luck with your first application.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

GileZ

Apr 8, 2010
Feedback

Hi Roshnal, I have installed the app this morning and so far, so good!

I will try to look at it in detail to give you some proper feedback, for now I have one suggestion- when you open a list you can't see the name of whichever list you have open- you can probably work it out but it would be nice if you could see it somewhere on the page- perhaps where it currently says "Forget Me Not" you could include/replace it with the list name? Just a thought!

Thanks for the work so far, this looks to be really promising!

GileZ

jinan

Dec 6, 2004
Male'
Feedback

Just tried on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and have the following feedback:

1- Adding a task does not increment the task counters but just stays at (0/0)
2- Selecting "Mark as Incomplete" does not change colour of task but just stays dimmed.

That's all for now from your neighboring country of Maldives :)

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Just tried on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and have the following feedback:

1- Adding a task does not increment the task counters but just stays at (0/0)
2- Selecting "Mark as Incomplete" does not change colour of task but just stays dimmed.

That's all for now from your neighboring country of Maldives :)

By the way, I have a custom ROM "Touch X Treme", which I thought might make a difference.

Roshnal

Aug 28, 2011
Kelaniya
Thanks For The Feedback

@vnreview , @osaeed , @GileZ , @cereal.killer
Thank you all very much for the feedback. That was a real help for me and gave a reason to go on (as this is my first app). :):):)

@k1000716 Thanks for putting up the direct link. It will be easier for other viewers.

@tomj777
Hi,
Suggest moving the task creation buttons (create next, done) to the top of the screen to save the user from having to hide keyboard.
Add to the long press functionality of the list view the option to add a new task.
On the task list, add a long press or (and?) menu option to edit the task. Likewise to rename a list.

These features will be coming in version 1.2 (in about 1 more week). The task editing will be coming in version 1.3 along with gestures (shake to sort, etc.).

@jinan
Greetings from SL! I also think its a problem with your ROM. But thanks anyway for trying out my first app. :)

And for all,
Please put up your comments on the Market page also. k1000716 have put up the direct link. (I saw some of you have put a comment on Market, but I don't know which ones of you, so if you haven't put it, please do if you can :D ).

Regards,
Roshnal Lihinikadu

PS: New update coming soon with all the features you have requested.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomj777

Roshnal

Aug 28, 2011
Kelaniya
New Update Released

A new update for Forget-Me-Not have been released with most of the features you have requested! (All except task and list editing and list name as title on task screen).

Check out the Android Market page for complete details of the changelog. (Some users have posted the link in this thread).

Hope to have your feedback soon (here as well as Android Market page :))!

Regards,
Roshnal L.

Mark incomplete doesn't work (using xda app, you might have mentioned this :$
Something odd about the twitter url... Works through browser but not Plume. Https?
Also in about, Both Droid and Star resolves to market.
Suggest hot linking the email address in about so users can click to send feedback.
Your doing well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

Thanks in advance,
    Hi Roshnal,
    I just published my first app here and I was able to get tons of feedback from the members of this forum, and since this is your first app, I would also like to return the favour that others gave to me.

Okay, enough pleasantries. :)

I downloaded and installed your app
    I really like the clean interface, but I did have a couple of bugs.

After adding items to the list, I clicked on them to mark the as read, (the read items were really difficult fr me to see though, almost the same colour as the background)

I hope this helps a bit and keep at it.
    Since I have more posts than you I can post links (its below so others can go directly to it)

Regards
    Shawn
    Hello All,

Thanks in advance,

Now this is something I have been waiting for a long time. It's simple to use and gets your stuff done. I will let you know if I ever come across any bugs.

Thanks for this Roshnal.
    To save people trying to find it the here's the android market link:

Just about to try it now. :)
    Hi,
    Good luck with your first application.