[ROM][FC09][BML][MTD] The People's ROM v2.22 with fixed 15 toggle mod 1/4/13

Search This thread

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
I may report the dev, who has given me a rom with zero glitches, no lag, no FC's, full features, and unbelievable battery life ("Random-esque").

Nothing to ***** about on the thread! Unheard of!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Yeah Kenny wtf where you thinking? We need something wrong so we can keep this thread going? How dare you give us almost perfection, faulty crap that's what's driven this Epic community for so long... We are so used to having Sammy and Sprint screw us we have no idea what to do now.

Sent from a phone...

Bluerai

Feb 18, 2011
I'll probably be the last human being left on the OG Epic...

I'll turn out the lights before I leave. :(

I'll hang out here for a while with you. I don't really want to upgrade until it's something substantial that I'm gaining..

Keyboard isn't really a top priority for me.. I just have no big complaints with this phone

Reactions: orlzzt

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas

LOL ... I'm on OG EPIC4G 'til something REALLY good comes out ( heck - this phone is STILL better than some of the stuff that has come out in past 12 months ) ... and I'm still "necio" for a top-notch slider ( SG3 ??? )

Reactions: Naddict

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla

I still have 2 OG Epics at home, my wife and son (specially him 9 y/o) isn't upgrading anytime soon. So I will also be here until they shut down wimax with an Epic.

Sent from a phone...

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Thanks to all my People dudes who are not abandoning OG Epic for a newfangled thingy...

Now; GPS. Is it a common thing for the battery to overheat when you run the GPS and the phone is plugged in to a car charger?

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Thanks to all my People dudes who are not abandoning OG Epic for a newfangled thingy...

Now; GPS. Is it a common thing for the battery to overheat when you run the GPS and the phone is plugged in to a car charger?

Oh yeah! I usually throw a hot dog on it during long trips...Lol!

Cleaned up 7 pages of......stuff.

Reactions: orlzzt

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
And the LG Slider is the only thing on the horizon as a replacement for the Epic, but the specs are lackluster. dual core S4, 4" wvga IPS. I'm sure it won't have 800mhz LTE, but the keyboard is nice. After almost a 3yr break, it seems like a travesty this is what they come up with. The only reason I'd get it is because I have four lines to play with. I've sent multiple emails to ask dan and my care rep about it. Have three emails and a phone call back to reply to actually. The Epic was premium and went toe to toe with the Evo. The LG can go toe to toe with a 1 1/2 yr Epic Touch by the time it hits in Q3. And for Epic owners who are going to be in year 3 of ownership, it's a bit of a shame that the LG is their replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrcollpepper

Dec 21, 2011
tacoma
Since tw doesn't have much else to do, how about you start making TPR2.5 theme specific dl's. Red,blue,whit,inverted,black. Yes I am aware they exsist for tw rom's in general, but I mean specifically for this rom. Just a suggestion and not a demand. =)

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Since tw doesn't have much else to do, how about you start making TPR2.5 theme specific dl's. Red,blue,whit,inverted,black. Yes I am aware they exsist for tw rom's in general, but I mean specifically for this rom. Just a suggestion and not a demand. =)

I like that idea! How about a white theme, for Collpepper? that would be cool! With black inverted apps. Black G-apps, black mms, white wallpaper and backgrounds. I think Lil AJ or Nash could whip that up for us...

mrcollpepper

Dec 21, 2011
tacoma
i also figured out how to stay on\off topic and not get in trouble. if every one changes there signature to "nothing borked to report yet, will keep testing and reporting", then we could talk about what we wanted and still be on topic. lol.. It is like a found the loop hole in the system. :cool:

sent by nothing borked to report yet, will keep testing and reporting

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
LOL ... I'm on OG EPIC4G 'til something REALLY good comes out ( heck - this phone is STILL better than some of the stuff that has come out in past 12 months ) ... and I'm still "necio" for a top-notch slider ( SG3 ??? )

yuuuppp!

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I think a nice Black & Silver Theme would be COOL ... :D

Actually, isn't there already one?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1658336

:)

iceman19631

Sep 18, 2010
Moto G 5G
Been running this Rom since its release and haven't had any lockups or reboots. I can truely say that I've been cured of my flashaholicism. Thanks again for the Rom.

from my wonderfully customized TPR2.2 Epic4g (Mysterious Beast) Themed.

Reactions: KennyG123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kenny-PeoplesROM.png

The People's ROM v2.21!
    BIG THANKS to EARTHBOUND[IAP] for makling this Samurai powered FC09 kernel for The People from the released source. Voodoo is included. Make sure to hit thanks on one of his posts. Github Source
    READ THIS: Missing Stock Files?
    Don't forget to flash the bloat files for all the stock apps. They are at the bottom of this and V2.1 posts. Thanks.

Links:
    The People's ROM v2.22 MTD version

MIRROR MTD

The People's ROM v2.22 BML version

MIRROR BML

To restore Apple zapping Bootani flash this

What is improved in 2.21? Big thanks to Ca1ne for getting the rest of the toggles working in the 15 (that's right 15!) quickpanel toggle mod AND for adding swipe away notifications to TPR!
    Thanks to RandomKing for the transparent messaging app and for fixing the battery percent in settings>About phone>battery use.
    Spiderman Boot ani (for Spidermod).

If you are one of the 1%'ers that get freezes try adding the V6 supercharger as instructed by The People's optimizer Elevans here. And updated link to V6 Supercharger (thanks frostedunit)

For newcomers, the MTD version will convert you from BML to MTD with big thanks to Toadlife for that script.

ROMs do not change baseband (modem). If you want to change your modem check the roll up sticky thread in Development.

Features:
    FC09 Deodexed
    Sprint Connections Optimizer
    Bloat removed and included as an extra flashable
    Samurai custom FC09 kernel for TPR
    - Voodoo sound
    - Voodoo color
    - Overclocking (enable higher frequencies in Voltage Control)
    - Undervolting (Stock voltages default)
    Logsprovider fix...no texts in log
    GPS Fix - Thanks Heinkhieu
    Hotspot Hack - Thanks Necrosan
    Modified Power Menu - Thanks to untermensch
    Scrollable status bar toggles - Thanks Sensei Simple
    Fly In Windows - Recommend Spare Parts set animations to fast
    CRT Off animation
    Screen stays off when unplugged
    Volume rocker mod (sound on to vibrate to silent) thanks mkasick
    No battery full popup
    AOSP Lockscreen
    Some different sounds - thanks Naddict
    Blue Gingerbread Keyboard - disable other keyboards to use -
    thanks GregTard (and Orlzzt for finding it)
    Transparent Blue/Black Messaging App - Thanks Randomking and Impaler747
    TW Launcher
    Zeam (light, free, scrollable wallpaper and dock and did I mention free)

If coming from something other than an FC09 ROM I highly recommend you wipe data, cache and dalvik and not restore data, also you should be on CWM 5.0.2.7 or higher.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BACK UP BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING!

I am not responsible if your phone melts, you lose data, your mate breaks up with you, your favorite show gets cancelled, you get constipated, incontinence or impotence, or for the zombie apocalypse (we all know it's coming).

If you prefer v2.1 which was FC19 go here.

Download FC09 Sprint and Samsung apps here.

For those having trouble with Gtalk for video flash this (Thanks Shinydude100!)

Discussion of v2.2 and above starts here.

And discussion of v2.21 starts here.

How To video by my good friend Qbking77 here.

And review of TPR by Qbking77 here.

Remember to hit "Thanks" for this and if you want to help by increasing my dropbox size by clicking here.

This ROM is for The People where everything just works!

Changelog 2.22
    updated system apps
    Debloated a little more
    TEAM BRING IT:
    Special thanks to The People's Testers:
    Naddict
    Orlzzt
    Cashvillebos
    Flastnoles11
    Edfunkycold
    Elevans
    TexasEpic4G
    Wolfen1086

Badbeats also for volunteering to test

The People's Banner Maker:
    TexasEpic4G

The People's Optimizer:
    Elevans

The People's Videographer:
    Qbking77

To all the DEVs out there that make these great mods we can bake in.
    To my inspiration to help all I can - Impaler747
    To Marcusant for trying to get that cool new GUI install script working
    (I know you will get it working)
    The People's ROM V2.1 FC19!

TEAM BRING IT​

Proudly presents​

THE PEOPLE'S ROM V2.1 FC19!!!

Don't forget to flash the FC19 bloat files for all stock apps!

Thanks to Darkierawr for the push-pull!
    He pulled the FC19 system and pushed me to release it..LOL. I will post the odexed stock versions he sent me in another thread this weekend.

It is highly recommended to flash this from V2.0 because something wierd happens on 20% of the flashes, the home key doesn't work without this fix.

The first thing noticeable is the Sprint Connectons Optimizer is removed by Samsung.
    I themed this with the lessbluebox version, changed the bootani, changed the wallpaper, put in all the mods we all love, added the silent camera without the low battery shutoff and Gtalk with video.
    All the stock apps (bloat) have been pulled and put into a flashable.
    This has everything else that 2.0 has with the same thanks to all those Devs.

You MUST wipe cache and Dalvik or bad things happen (drove me crazy).
    The BML issues are fixed, Boot to recovery works and bootanimation can be seen.

Here is the FC19 modem bin to be flashed in Odin: http://d-h.st/eU1

Odin 1.85: http://d-h.st/i1Q

The People's ROM V2.1:
    BML Version: http://d-h.st/V0c
    Mirror: http://BillionUploads.com/ner0w4igxe3z
    MD5 Sum: 540a11eb177930a31071aa82587b2690

MTD Version: http://d-h.st/bAq
    Mirror: http://BillionUploads.com/vfg0i2zj4etq
    MD5 Sum: 188df122267eab16312328aeaf6de0fe

BLOAT (Samsung/Sprint FC19 Apps): http://d-h.st/nqR
    MD5 Sum: d1730b467199c3d08cc3908bd8b510c3

ENJOY!

Other mirrors to follow.

MTD version will of course convert you
    For anyone with battery issues please change i/o scheduler to anything besides cfq. Cfq does sleep but not as well as the other governors do on some phones. You also might want to wipe your battery stats with cwm (I know it has been stated this is a bad thing to do, but it has cured battery issues for me) and also pinpoint what is eating your battery up... I have been running the bml version on my epic for 6 hours and it has only dropped 9% with minimal use.