itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel

adwienc

Nov 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland
As far as I am concerned, even stock kernel support OTG, but output voltage is too low to power any usb device so to make it work you have to have external powered usb device.

Rishi.

Nov 6, 2012
New Delhi
As far as I am concerned, even stock kernel support OTG, but output voltage is too low to power any usb device so to make it work you have to have external powered usb device.

You sure that by default it does ?? I tried to connect my 1TB HDD through usb OTG cable on my stock 4.1 E970 . It didn't worked.
The HDD was powered by a power source.

I guess the OG doesn't have OTG in stock ROM.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
You sure that by default it does ?? I tried to connect my 1TB HDD through usb OTG cable on my stock 4.1 E970 . It didn't worked.
The HDD was powered by a power source.

I guess the OG doesn't have OTG in stock ROM.

Even G2 doesn't support 1 TB HDD!

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
Lol...so it was the size that caused problems ???

I'm not sure because I've never tested. Even on my last phone which had otg support, rarely did I use otg. But 1 TB HDD is not sth you can test the capability cause as I said even the phones which have the otg can't run it.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

Darthsternie

Feb 12, 2013
darthsternie.net
Thanks

Thanks for the answers I think I will try it with the original Rom if it won't work I will try the Rom with the Kernel
PS:I only want to use USB sticks or my 120 gb hdd:D

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
Thanks for the answers I think I will try it with the original Rom if it won't work I will try the Rom with the Kernel
PS:I only want to use USB sticks or my 120 gb hdd:D

Well, there's always a plan B. Just use blutooth sticks and install box and register with your LG device to get 50 GB free space.