[SOLVED] WIFI will no longer turn on

Search This thread

Sad Panda

Sep 1, 2011
Mesa
Hey all,

I installed several custom ROMs and WiFi would no longer turn on. In an attempt to restore it, 24 hours of disaster later I have a completely stock image on my phone. Nothing changed, and wifi still will not turn on. Everything I have attempted has not worked. It was working just fine until I installed SlimKat ROM. Any ideas on how to get working wifi again, or at least a method to test if it is now a hardware problem or software?

Very Sad Panda

Last edited:

hugodefcon

Jan 5, 2013
Hey all,

I installed several custom ROMs and WiFi would no longer turn on. In an attempt to restore it, 24 hours of disaster later I have a completely stock image on my phone. Nothing changed, and wifi still will not turn on. Everything I have attempted has not worked. It was working just fine until I installed SlimKat ROM. Any ideas on how to get working wifi again, or at least a method to test if it is now a hardware problem or software?

Very Sad Panda
Did you by anychance format the persist in the bootloader? If so try searching for that. There is a file to ve replaced using a root explorer.
Thia happened to me once.

Sent from my RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sad Panda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

Very Sad Panda
    Did you by anychance format the persist in the bootloader? If so try searching for that. There is a file to ve replaced using a root explorer.
    Thia happened to me once.

I think I did format persist. What do I need to do to?

Here ya go.
    This is how i solved it
    This happened to me. And i was getting worried i had messed up my phone for good.
    Now it better than ever.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47415109&posted=1#post47415109