Several KEY Qs about which SM-Pxxx to buy...

Search This thread
Feb 28, 2014
currently saving up.. if fate allows i plan on getting a SGN 10.1-2014ed to replace my twice dying Kocaso M870.

over the past 3 months ive done quite a bit of research through mags and android sites claiming this to be the best tablet around especially in terms of functionality.
several minor reviews and 2 hour long reviews posted on youtube with the earlier information has convinced me this is the direction i want to go.

im a gamer.. artist.. and one heck of a multi tasker that hopes to become a dedicated streamer in the future... this tab will help with all these things.

my key issues is what model of the SM-Pxxx series to get...
Firstly.. im located in the US.. and will only buy from certified reliable retailers.
this means amazon and ebvay and thier china hackware and voided warrentys are totally out of the question.
Im as of current.. stuck with best buy and thier 50$ off sale of the SM-P600 32gb-black..
16gb is a joke being the OS itself takes up 8 gigs...
i looked into the 64gb version.. but simply put.. it dont exsist.
3g.. and lte versions.. dont exsist.

before being flamed.. please hear me out.
according to samsung.. LTE ONLY comes in 32 and 64gbs models.. yet ALL the amazon LTE models are 16gb..
even the description on the amazon sales page STATES the device has been opened and modified.
and most importantly.. youtube videos of the so called LTE versions are A) all in german..
B) ALL have thier "unboxing" comming from an unsealed box... C) all having 16 gb-wifi listed on the front of the box AND the screen protector.. D) the screen protector has NO mention of 3G or LTE while the back of the box mentions LTE at the side of the list.

simply put.. these LTE versions are NOT the real deal. its a china sweatshop gettingthe cheapest 16gb model.. cracking the tablet open.. thus voiding its warrenty.. and adding a LTE antenna from some cheap cellphone... so they can sell a 550$ tablet for 800$... huge profit.
And its a mess i intend to avoid.

And from what ive seen.. the 3G model has only recently been leaked that vorizon will be its carrier.. and any "news" of the LTE version.. or the release date for EITHER version is simply non exsistant through official channels.

all this in mind..
Doi keep saving for the SM-P600 and be happy wiht a legit tablet..
Do i wait and hope that the 601 or 605 release in the near future before this dying tablet stops booting up...
and if i wait.. being i cant afford the cell phone bill as i never call ANYONE.. what would the 601-605 offer me that the 600 series dont already offer save a slightly faster processor?

Sent from my M870 using xda app-developers app

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
My key issues is what model of the SM-Pxxx series to get...

This might be simpler than you think. The only device authorized to be sold by Samsung in the U.S. is the P-600. Anyone selling a P-601/5 has imported it and it comes with no warranty from Samsung as it's considered grey market. I have a P-601 I got from Negri and it's from Trinidad. Knowing it has no warranty I insured it through SquareTrade. That's an option for you too if you buy from someone like Expansys, Negri, or NewEgg. You can get SquareTrade on eBay items too if you do it at check-out. But if you're looking for warranty support from Samsung your only choice is buying a P-600 from an authorized Samsung reseller. VZW's releasing their version of the P-605 (LTE) soon but it'll cost you an arm and a leg. If you weren't aware, the imported P-605's don't support the U.S. LTE bands so you'll be stuck using HSPA. And both it and the P-601 work fine on AT&T but only work on T-Mobile in markets they've re-farmed to 1,900MHz. I get about 5-8MB download speeds using my P-601 on AT&T.

Reactions: DFStormbringer

natosports

Mar 21, 2014
I have the Verizon 4G LTE model SM-P605V. Thinking that it will make phone calls, turns out it doesn't. LTE is fast however, just pop a 4G sim card in.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
The P605 does exist in 16gb. It can be purchased in a number of reputable chain stores both here in new Zealand and also in Australia. It's likely an Asia Pacific only model though as we are part of that region.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My key issues is what model of the SM-Pxxx series to get...

This might be simpler than you think. The only device authorized to be sold by Samsung in the U.S. is the P-600. Anyone selling a P-601/5 has imported it and it comes with no warranty from Samsung as it's considered grey market. I have a P-601 I got from Negri and it's from Trinidad. Knowing it has no warranty I insured it through SquareTrade. That's an option for you too if you buy from someone like Expansys, Negri, or NewEgg. You can get SquareTrade on eBay items too if you do it at check-out. But if you're looking for warranty support from Samsung your only choice is buying a P-600 from an authorized Samsung reseller. VZW's releasing their version of the P-605 (LTE) soon but it'll cost you an arm and a leg. If you weren't aware, the imported P-605's don't support the U.S. LTE bands so you'll be stuck using HSPA. And both it and the P-601 work fine on AT&T but only work on T-Mobile in markets they've re-farmed to 1,900MHz. I get about 5-8MB download speeds using my P-601 on AT&T.