List of alternate usb chargers

Search This thread

supergroverthm

Jan 3, 2011
Last edited:

Tzul

Jun 25, 2014
Any USB charger with short-circuited D+/D- pins should work (standard now, except for Apple and maybe a few others). That's how the Nook HD+ recognizes a dedicated charger vs. a USB data connection. Only if the data pins are shorted will it go into fast charge mode (up to 2000 mA), otherwise it'll limit its current intake to 500 mA.

Jul 26, 2014
Any USB charger with short-circuited D+/D- pins should work (standard now, except for Apple and maybe a few others). That's how the Nook HD+ recognizes a dedicated charger vs. a USB data connection. Only if the data pins are shorted will it go into fast charge mode (up to 2000 mA), otherwise it'll limit its current intake to 500 mA.

I got 2 usb chargers from Amazon with multiple ports & does work on the Nook HD+ for me.

1) iXCC ® Dual USB 4.2 Amp (20 Watt) SMART High Capacity [High Power] AC Travel Wall Charger - ChargeWise (tm) Technology [High Speed] FAST Charging for Apple iPhone 5s 5c 5; ipad air; iPad Air mini (Retina Display); iPad 4; ipad2; Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3; Note 2 and Note 3; the new HTC One (M8); Google Nexus and More [Black]. I got the Blue model.

2) Anker® 40W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; the new HTC One (M8); Nexus and More (White) May be overkill for some.

Found that the SIIg usb 2 amp charger won't work or get recognized by the Nook HD+; it's marketed as for the crapple's ipod/ipad. A signal of incompatibility is if it says for Apple products.

volpo222

Mar 14, 2013
I had a Nook Color charger left after I moved up to an HD+ (a friend gave it to me with no charger), works great!

vtdat

Apr 3, 2010
Charger for Samsung galaxy tab 3 t217a does work perfectly
And any lg charger (5.1V) works as well

julian67

The EasyAcc 5 port chargers work as well. The different ports each have different labels and specs. The 2x iPad and 1x iPhone ports won't charge the Nook HD. The Samsung Tab port charges the Nook HD at full speed (I have the 7 inch Nook HD). edit: I think the Android labelled port might charge full speed as well.

EasyAcc amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/EasyAcc®-Fami...words=EasyAcc+Multi+Port+USB+Portable+Charger

EasyAcc amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc®-Po...qid=1408740111&sr=1-1&keywords=EasyAcc+5-Port

How to (maybe) get it cheaper: EasyAcc has a UK/Europe ebay store. On ebay UK I put in a bid at about 80% of the normal retail price. I didn't win but when the auction ended EasyAcc contacted me (I think they contacted the five highest bidders who didn't win) and offered me the product at the price I bid.

Last edited: