Crashing Note 3

Search This thread

byrds8

Jul 24, 2011
On my Note 3 there are a few games that will freeze the screen will artifact and the phone locks up. Sometimes the phone will reboot sometimes I have to pull the battery and sometimes it will actually let me go to the home screen and close it out. Has anyone else had this issue or is there something wrong with my device's video chip? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
On my Note 3 there are a few games that will freeze the screen will artifact and the phone locks up. Sometimes the phone will reboot sometimes I have to pull the battery and sometimes it will actually let me go to the home screen and close it out. Has anyone else had this issue or is there something wrong with my device's video chip? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I know you're going to hate my suggestion. If you want to find out if it is a hardware issue, I suggest reverting back to stock (flash MJE tar in Odin), the reroot, install safestrap and your fav rom. Without making any other rom setting changes, download and try to recreate the fc and freezes. If it still happens after a fresh, clean install, then you'll have a better iddea that it could be a hardware issue.

If you don't have the ODIN files, MJE tar file, etc, you can follow the link in my sig where all the links, files and threads needed to revert to stock and get back to custom rom are located. Hope you resolve your issue either way!

byrds8

Jul 24, 2011
I know you're going to hate my suggestion. If you want to find out if it is a hardware issue, I suggest reverting back to stock (flash MJE tar in Odin), the reroot, install safestrap and your fav rom. Without making any other rom setting changes, download and try to recreate the fc and freezes. If it still happens after a fresh, clean install, then you'll have a better iddea that it could be a hardware issue.

If you don't have the ODIN files, MJE tar file, etc, you can follow the link in my sig where all the links, files and threads needed to revert to stock and get back to custom rom are located. Hope you resolve your issue either way!

I am already on the stock ROM as I did not root the phone. Whats weird about the crashes is that it only happens sometimes so Im not even sure its something wrong with the video chip overheating or being defective. Not sure what the deal is.

byrds8

Jul 24, 2011
Am I the only one with the issue of the phone crashing and rebooting? Looks like it artifacts right as it crashes regardless of what game i am in.