Can't decide between Moto 3G vs. LTE

Search This thread

Shahpur.Azizpour

Mar 13, 2008
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to decide between the Moto G 3G and the LTE Edition. My main problem being that 8GB internal storage seems awfully low especially considering that you have around 5GB free.

Yes there is a sd card slot but mainly effective for media files. You won't be able to move a lot of apps to SD card. And since these days every other app hogs about >500MB data, I'm afraid that 5GB are gone in no time (I. E. All Google Apps can't be moved).

I'd like LTE speeds but not if this means that my internal storage would run low all the time and slow down the system. Can anybody let me know how many of those apps really support apps2sd nowadays?

It might be better to opt for 16GB 3G version, at least I have a larger amount of internal storage to use then...what do you think, is the 8GB plus external storage a problem?

KuGeL94

Jun 5, 2012
Germany
esfmods.com
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to decide between the Moto G 3G and the LTE Edition. My main problem being that 8GB internal storage seems awfully low especially considering that you have around 5GB free.

Yes there is a sd card slot but mainly effective for media files. You won't be able to move a lot of apps to SD card. And since these days every other app hogs about >500MB data, I'm afraid that 5GB are gone in no time (I. E. All Google Apps can't be moved).

I'd like LTE speeds but not if this means that my internal storage would run low all the time and slow down the system. Can anybody let me know how many of those apps really support apps2sd nowadays?

It might be better to opt for 16GB 3G version, at least I have a larger amount of internal storage to use then...what do you think, is the 8GB plus external storage a problem?

I would recommend the Moto G 4G LTE with 8GB, you can add a huge micro sd card to it, if your root it you will be able to move apps from the 8gb memory to the sd card, an if you're concerend about ROMs or development for the Moto G, I suggest you STAY on the official firmware, Motorola knows what they are doing, the official firmware is the best, only if you want to customize it with themes or so...

Shahpur.Azizpour

Mar 13, 2008
Hmm actually I don't want to root because this always means hassle for each update (losing root with an update in example). But in order to move the apps to SD this might be the best solution. So I would stay with the stock ROM but with root...and according to motorola even bigger than 32GB cards do work. Is there any link to an Amazon 64GB card that works for the Moto G?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xenas

Jun 30, 2013
Hmm actually I don't want to root because this always means hassle for each update (losing root with an update in example). But in order to move the apps to SD this might be the best solution. So I would stay with the stock ROM but with root...and according to motorola even bigger than 32GB cards do work. Is there any link to an Amazon 64GB card that works for the Moto G?

It seems you already know the answer...
Why you need such amount of space?
Don't wanna move apps, no root,... 16gb is more than enough imo.
Are you using 4G?

pfufle

Aug 22, 2013

You don't need to root to transfer apps to the sd card in the moto G LTE variant

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app