• i use ginger, thinking of switching to froyo

Votes: 75 32.3%
  • i switched back to froyo

Votes: 62 26.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bRkiX

Dec 5, 2009
Sorry admins i apologize, i do not develop, but i thing it is the most important issue so far on any mobile phone everyone ever had.
No phone calls recieving. (no error on other side..caller thing you have recieved call, bu not answering.)
i have missed few importatn business opportunities in past weeks because of that.

i switched back to froyo, and i am calling all the developers (thaiz acura....) to look into this and make their great roms froyo compatible.

ThiaiZ

Sep 23, 2010
Eskilstuna
Sorry admins i apologize, i do not develop, but i thing it is the most important issue so far on any mobile phone everyone ever had.
No phone calls recieving. (no error on other side..caller thing you have recieved call, bu not answering.)
i have missed few importatn business opportunities in past weeks because of that.

i switched back to froyo, and i am calling all the developers (thaiz acura....) to look into this and make their great roms froyo compatible.

Let's keep this thread up guys, this is really important, I am right now using my old Nexus S as a phone cause I can't stand to miss calls.Missed some calls last week + sms yesterday. I am really very upset with LG right now that I can't even look at my O3D. You don't know if you have missed calls until a friend knock behind your home door and say: hej, is everything okey? trying to contact you on past 3 days but no answer, or your syster calls you and say: hey, why you dont answer to my text messages ?
All this **** started with LG (late and buggy GB update), so we have a start point at least. I do really believe the problem is in the baseband, the reason for that is some posts I read about those ROM with mixed V21b are still having missed calls.

Reactions: amirgoodi

zwoggel

Well, I didn't have any ghost calls (don't use the phone function much...) but for me the baseband crashed once a day and caused the battery to be sucked empty in a few hours. Network connection was also gone, of course.
So I switched back to the FroYo BB and installed CM7 for the P925.
Problem is that almost all custom ROMs are based on the original LG ROM and therefore it is probably pretty difficult to change the Gingerbread build to work with the FroYo Baseband, since it's deeply rooted into the original ROM.
Should be possible for the CM7 ROM though. The first ones worked with the FroYo BB. The P925 build still does.

bRkiX

Dec 5, 2009
I have an idea for workaround. If we could write a script which would turn on airplane mode and turn it off 2 seconds later and cron the script to run every hour? what do you think?

i was actually thinking the same thing but since i dont know how to write scripts, i thought that the same thing can be achived thru tasker...but i was thinking every 15 minutes or so. But then i gave up that idea, since i can miss impartan call in that 1 minutes, there is absolutely no pattern how and when ghost call comes... tryed only 2g trick, didnt work.
Noticed that when i make call, calls start to come through. but havent had time to test when they would stop again.....so finally, i decided to go to froyo.

currently runing some acura rom from few months back, geting 3400 on quadrant and pehone is smooth as silk... only no camera snap button on 3d.

Kevindee

Jan 20, 2012
I first installed the v21a gb on my phone and didn't experience any ghost calls, but I changed back to Froyo because I wanted to be sure I wouldn't face the problem. Installed Doomed Froyo for the Thrill, but switched after a few days so now I've been using ThiaiZ's V1.53 on Froyo and have been happy with it. The only thing I miss is the little text arrow thing that helps you move the text cursor easier (not sure what its called). I'm supposed to be getting a gb update from Rogers today, but I doubt they addressed the issue, so I'll probbly stay on Froyo until they fix it or when CM9 comes out.

stefankorun

May 9, 2010
Ohrid
I don't have the ghost call issue and I want to mention that I didn't manually installed the GB baseband but waited for official .kzd update and installed that way.

cool_recep

Aug 30, 2008
Istanbul
I also have this ghost call issue. I use GoLauncher, might that be the problem? Also today my battery was sucked up...

Damn LG. I remebered my post here...

Looks like nothing is changed on LG side...They still suck and drive me crazy...

Last edited:

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Hi all,

I am surprised none of the tech sites have picked up the story. I am personally using cm7 for the P925 using froyo baseband. No issues with missed calls.

We should get united in getting LG know that we all are suffering from this problem.

How about we all agree to write to gsmarena and phonearena about this problem so we can get some publicity,

People is Australia, how about we write to the Sydney Morning Herald or to consumer affairs so LG can be pressured to act on the problem.
Regardless, we should do something regarding this problem and teach LG a lesson that you can't screw our phones with **** updates and then get away with it.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

ThiaiZ

Sep 23, 2010
Eskilstuna
Hi all,

I am surprised none of the tech sites have picked up the story. I am personally using cm7 for the P925 using froyo baseband. No issues with missed calls.

We should get united in getting LG know that we all are suffering from this problem.

How about we all agree to write to gsmarena and phonearena about this problem so we can get some publicity,

People is Australia, how about we write to the Sydney Morning Herald or to consumer affairs so LG can be pressured to act on the problem.
Regardless, we should do something regarding this problem and teach LG a lesson that you can't screw our phones with **** updates and then get away with it.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Good idea man, gonna write to Swedroid as well. I already started writing about how we LG costumers are treated by this company on every single youtube video I see about new LG phones or Optimus series.

Reactions: Evil Slayer

omgomg

Mar 3, 2008
Portugal
My phone is listed for sale for the past month or so, since this became an issue.

It's outrageous, to say the least, the level of interest LG puts into this HUGE issue.

d-shade

Apr 10, 2010
Anchorage
I was using ThiaiZO3D V2.4 but had to switch back to froyo had way too many missed texts and missed calls. Then I will go to use my phone and have no signal, so would have to restart. I can't deal with that on a work phone.

But since I am back on froyo I have to deal with my exchange email sending 3 duplicate emails when I send one from my phone(really annoying). Worked fine in O3D GB, O3D CM7(froyo), and HTC Desire(Froyo and CM7) but stock O3D froyo I send 3 emails.

raskall

Apr 3, 2007
Let's keep this thread up guys, this is really important, I am right now using my old Nexus S as a phone cause I can't stand to miss calls.Missed some calls last week + sms yesterday. I am really very upset with LG right now that I can't even look at my O3D. You don't know if you have missed calls until a friend knock behind your home door and say: hej, is everything okey? trying to contact you on past 3 days but no answer, or your syster calls you and say: hey, why you dont answer to my text messages ?
All this **** started with LG (late and buggy GB update), so we have a start point at least. I do really believe the problem is in the baseband, the reason for that is some posts I read about those ROM with mixed V21b are still having missed calls.

I almost missed a job interview in december because of lost calls. My kid's school couldn't reach me when my daughter was sick and needed to be picked up and I have missed a few important meetings because of this.l

It is so very annoying. But I have not missed any calls or SMS-es since I disabled 3G. I observe other people also have problems with "2G Only" but I don't.

I have experimented with enabling the H when I don't need to be available all the time and the problem reoccurs EVERY time within minutes when I enable 3G.

BTW; I am on Telenor in Norway. the "2G Only" may fix the problem for other on the same network.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I have an idea for workaround. If we could write a script which would turn on airplane mode and turn it off 2 seconds later and cron the script to run every hour? what do you think?

My phone is unable to go into airplane mode when the baseband hangs. Reboot is the only solution.

cool_recep

Aug 30, 2008
Istanbul
I almost missed a job interview in december because of lost calls. My kid's school couldn't reach me when my daughter was sick and needed to be picked up and I have missed a few important meetings because of this.l

It is so very annoying. But I have not missed any calls or SMS-es since I disabled 3G. I observe other people also have problems with "2G Only" but I don't.

I have experimented with enabling the H when I don't need to be available all the time and the problem reoccurs EVERY time within minutes when I enable 3G.

BTW; I am on Telenor in Norway. the "2G Only" may fix the problem for other on the same network.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

My phone is unable to go into airplane mode when the baseband hangs. Reboot is the only solution.

My 3G is open all the time but this phone can not stay connected to 3G network all the time...

If disabling 3G will solve the problem then I will disable it.

Also another weird problem:

If someone calls you and you are not there at the moment, the phone keeps ringing even if the caller has left calling. My phone rang for aboout 20 minutes when I was at launch. When I came back, battery was sucked up.

Telling this to everybody: LG sucks.

Marcovecchio

Sep 16, 2011
Not defending LG here, but I would like to remind everyone that ONLY those who have OFFICIAL GB released at their countries have the right to complain.

For example, I´m from Brazil and I´m not sure GB it already released officially for us. All I know is that I´m flashing leaked and non-official ROMs for weeks, CM 7 nightlies and so on, so I don´t feel comfortable to blame LG for this problem, in my specific case.

So, I suggest everyone double check this and assure that they´re having ghost calls when using 100% stock and official LG firmware.

bRkiX

Dec 5, 2009
Not defending LG here, but I would like to remind everyone that ONLY those who have OFFICIAL GB released at their countries have the right to complain.

For example, I´m from Brazil and I´m not sure GB it already released officially for us. All I know is that I´m flashing leaked and non-official ROMs for weeks, CM 7 nightlies and so on, so I don´t feel comfortable to blame LG for this problem, in my specific case.

So, I suggest everyone double check this and assure that they´re having ghost calls when using 100% stock and official LG firmware.

i am not blaming lg at all here. i started this to ask developers to develop froyo roms :).
I do have official rom available for my phone vip/vodafone croatia version v20a, installed it, but damn thing is unrootable like v21b.. and i have backup of around 200 aps in titanium, so it is no go for me.

raskall

Apr 3, 2007

I got this problem with official GB. Rooted and changed ROMs hoping another ROM was better. Had this problem with all the ROMs I have tried. The common denominator is GB Baseband which is LGs doing.

So yes, I have the right to complain.

Reactions: cool_recep

d-shade

Apr 10, 2010
Anchorage
i am not blaming lg at all here. i started this to ask developers to develop froyo roms :).
I do have official rom available for my phone vip/vodafone croatia version v20a, installed it, but damn thing is unrootable like v21b.. and i have backup of around 200 aps in titanium, so it is no go for me.

Froyo Rom would be awesome, I have only developed a little bit for my htc hero and haven't done much since. But I was thinking of starting on a rom just so I can get the issues that I have with froyo fixed. I really don't know much about the kernels but I guess I can start learning.

Wish there was a way to run Stock GB on froyo baseband like CM7

ThiaiZ

Sep 23, 2010
Eskilstuna

A friend of mine uses Euro open, not rooted device and the problem is still there: missing calls, missing sms. So yes, it is a LG **** baseband problem.
Wanna know how amazing my "O3D media player device" works ? I dont use it as a phone anymore, so I took away my SIM card of it for 3 days ago,and have been using my 1 year old Nexus S as phone. O3D is such an amazing phone that I still got 56% batery left, after 3 days, wowwww what a device, LG congratulations, you are amazing.:D :D :D Just kidding guys, LG sucks, I am so upset that I lost totally the feeling for developing for this phone. Still love the phone but hate LG a lot.:mad:

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Philip Olsson
Asus, kommer ni skicka ut en uppdatering som fixar touchen på prime? När man ritar något och drar ett sträck sakta på diagonalen så blir det väldigt vobbligt. De på xda har fixat en app som fixar touchen men den kräver root, och vill inte roota min bara för att få en fungerande touch. Är annars väldigt nöjd med den
ASUS Sverige Hej Philip, Vi har anställda som följer XDA forum och rapporterar till våra programmerare. Vi eftersträvar självklart att fixa alla buggar som hittas så fort som möjligt. MVH, ASUS Anders

ASUS Prime problem
Costumer: Are you guys going to release an update that fixes Asus Prime touch ? While drawing a a line on diagonal it gets very woble. Some guys from XDA have created an app that fixes the touch problem, but it needs root access , and I don't want to root mine just to have a working touch. Otherwise I am very happy with it.
ASUS Sweden: We have a worker following XDA forum and reporting to our programers

LG Optimus 3D ghost calls problem
ThiaiZ: Hi, together with the latest ginger bread update I got a problem while receiving calls or text messages, it happens randomly that calls or text messages will not arrive. Is there any workaround ? Or does LG knows about this problem ?
LG Sweden costumer support: Hi Mr. blablabla . Did you try a factory reset after the update ?

I don't care how good Asus or the other manufactures are, but do you guys see any difference here ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Breaking News

IMPORTANT NEWS ON THE GHOST CALL ISSUE

Hi guys. I bought an O3D about 2 months ago via a close friend of mine who is working at the Turkish branch of LG. About 2 weeks ago, I read this topic and discovered that I also was experiencing this issue but I wasn't aware of that to that moment. So after I realized this big problem, I read the whole topic and I confirmed that I have the exact problem on my O3D. After that I immediately called my friend at LG and told him about the problem, summarized to him what I read in this topic and sent him the link of this topic.

He contacted me today to tell me about the progress and he said that there are good news. After my call, he sent an e-mail to the LG HQ at Korea, and after a few days, they directly called him on the phone, and they discussed about the problem. My friend said to me that at first, the research & development department didn't believed this problem of ours, because it didn't showed up on some tests they ran. But after he told them what I told him and he showed this xda topic to them, they realized that this is a pretty big issue.

So, for now we know the global R&D team of LG is developing a patch for this issue, it’s not a brand new baseband but they say it will work. Actually my friend said that LG released a patch in France a few days ago and France branch will send it to the Turkish branch in a couple of days, after that Turkish LG will run some tests with the patch and if it works, they will release it. So, if it is “the” patch, maybe some of you guys can search for it and find out that if it works or not by yourselves, before some official announcement from LG Global.

I hope they will solve this problem of our very soon. If I hear any news, I will write again.

P.S. : I was following this O3D forum for 2 months and this ghost call topic for 2 weeks but I just created an account to write down the news I have for you.
    Wikipedia entry

I just edited the wikipedia page for Optimus 3D

==Software==

The Phone Runs on Android 2.2 (Froyo) from stock. It can be updated to Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) although some phones may require a computer to do this.

Since the release of the "Gingerbread" update (mid November for the European open handsets), many (if not all) of the handsets suffer from what the users themselves refer to as random "ghost-calls". While a caller trying to reach an Optimus 3D owner hears a normal ringing tone on his side, the Optimus 3D doesn't really ring and there is no record of a missed call either. This way, the called party has no knowledge that somebody tried to reach them until the caller complains in person. There is a dedicated thread for the "ghost calls issue" at the web site of XDA developers ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1475351 ) and several complaints have been sent to LG's support page and Facebook wall by users from different countries. Sadly, LG have made no public announcements regarding the issue...

LG have announced that Android 4.0 (ICS) will be released for the Optimus 3D in the Third Quarter of 2012. Users hope the upate will fix previous issues, although they demand that a patch is released as soon as possible.

Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Optimus_3D#Software
    4) Are you using the stock or a custom ROM? Promethius V1.2 21E
    5) Are you using a custom kernel? Promethius Kernel V1.2
    This is most probably your problem (in bold). And I'm wondering why you keep posting that the stock V21E has ghost calls when you have have installed a custom rom with a custom kernel. You've already made three posts in three different threads that V21E has ghost calls which clearly isn't true, at least in your case.

I suggest you could read before posting. Some relevant info here:

The creator of the Promethius, samno, said that "Ghost-calls problem is kernel related has always been. You shouldnt have any with stock kernel but if you flash a custom one you may be at risk until lg release there sources for 21E" (here).

Also another member, that didn't have any ghost calls with V21E, has noticed ghost calls immediately after he flashed the Promethius kernel. After he flashed back the stock kernel, the ghost calls disappeared (his post here)

Of course I'm not saying that at the moment the V21E has fixed 100% the ghost calls issue. My first ghost call with the 21A appeared 3 weeks after I installed it, so I guess we have to wait a couple of weeks. However, based on numerous reports here, people who were constantly experiencing ghost calls with the older GB roms don't have any GC so far with the V21E, so there is highly possible that the 21E completely fixed the issue or made it extremely rare.
    Ghost Call Video

I agree, post it on youtube and we'll start spamming it across...

Hey Guys,

Here is a The Video that I made when I experienced a baseband crash, it is not the best production but at least it shows the problem that we all been suffering using this phone.

http://youtu.be/kCdQV8LpIIk

Let's hope LG will finally admit the problem and release a fix for it.
    Ok guys, I have updated the review of Optimus 3D on Turkey's 2nd most visited tech site, stating the ghost call problems of the phone.

You can find the review here (Last paragraph) :

http://www.chip.com.tr/urun/lg-optimus-3d_i3377.html