[OFFICIAL] Korean Galaxy S III (SHW-M440S/SHV-E210S/K/L) Thread

Search This thread

M@31

Sep 22, 2011
Daegu
Figured this was the best way to get all the information together.
Going to try to keep this updated as best as possible.

SGS III in the HOUSE!
Amazing phone.....Still updating daily.

If you have something to add, be sure to post and I will put it up.
We need everyone's help to make this an informative thread for ANYONE that has the Korean version of the SGS III (any carrier).
Enjoy and help out if you can please!

Korean SGS III (SHW-M440S/LTE) Rooting, ROMs, and Kernels
View Thread

SPECS
Samsung SHW-M440S Galaxy S III Specs - View Specs
Samsung SHV-E210S Galaxy S III LTE Specs - View Specs

Alternative link (comparison picture)

FREQUENCIES:

Listed for each device.

Australia

Ukraine/Kiev

SGS III 3G (SHV-M440S) -
SGS III LTE (SHV-E210S) -
SGS III LTE (SHV-E210K) -
SGS III LG U+ (SHV-E210L) -

INFORMATION

SGS III Blog (Korean)
http://blog.sktworld.co.kr/2103

Samsung Galaxy S3 Camera Review/Guide
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1756543
Camera Gallery - http://thegalaxys3gallery.blogspot.kr/

How to access SKT hidden menu on Korean SGS III (instructions in Korean)
Korean -http://people.sarang.net/2953342
English translation - http://people.sarang.net/2963084

The hidden menu code:
-open dial pad and enter : 319712358 then a menu will pop up asking for password.
Passwords
SKT - 996412
KT - 774632
LG U+ - 0821

Last edited:

p33k

Jun 18, 2012
Busan
Hey...
I just pre-ordered my S3 from KT this past weekend. I have been a iPhone user for a long time and wanted to try out Android. I hope I like the jump :)

Reactions: psh010209 and M@31

M@31

Sep 22, 2011
Daegu
Hey...
I just pre-ordered my S3 from KT this past weekend. I have been a iPhone user for a long time and wanted to try out Android. I hope I like the jump :)

I have no doubt that you will enjoy the jump.
Most people do!

It is tough for us in Korea, because there isn't much English support for our phones, that is why I opened up this thread.

We have a really good thread with lots of people actively participating for the Galaxy S I. That's the phone I have right now.

So this will be a good place to post questions and answers to help fellow English speakers here in Korea (or who have bought the Korean version).

sheriffadam

Aug 11, 2010
Busan
Will anyone signed up to buy one so far be able to test if they come unlocked? I know they should do but confirmation (both from KT and SK possibly LG users too) would be great. It's not that I don't trust the salespeople in the stores here :D but would love to know for sure.

I'm not sure if this can be done via software or you physically have to put in the other SIM card to see, shouldn't be hard though if a friend is on another network.

I'm excited about the possible upgrade!

Reactions: psh010209

amgpower63

Jun 6, 2012
Will anyone signed up to buy one so far be able to test if they come unlocked? I know they should do but confirmation (both from KT and SK possibly LG users too) would be great. It's not that I don't trust the salespeople in the stores here :D but would love to know for sure.

I'm not sure if this can be done via software or you physically have to put in the other SIM card to see, shouldn't be hard though if a friend is on another network.

I'm excited about the possible upgrade!

Call the service center (dial 114 from your device) and tell them you'll be traveling so you need your device unlocked. They should take care of unlocking without problem. It took me 5 mins to completely unlock my KT iPhone. Simple and easy :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

M@31

Sep 22, 2011
Daegu
Call the service center (dial 114 from your device) and tell them you'll be traveling so you need your device unlocked. They should take care of unlocking without problem. It took me 5 mins to completely unlock my KT iPhone. Simple and easy :D

Are you serious about this?
Without any charge at all? That is pretty cool if that is true!

But, how can you check to see if it is unlocked after....just put in a different SIM card?

Anyone know the number to dial to check from the phone settings?

amgpower63

Jun 6, 2012
Are you serious about this?
Without any charge at all? That is pretty cool if that is true!

But, how can you check to see if it is unlocked after....just put in a different SIM card?

Anyone know the number to dial to check from the phone settings?

Do you have an existing phone line? Which carrier is it? I'm pretty sure that SK and KT can unlock your phone with no charge.

Edit: I can confirm that as of September 2010, all devices sold by SKT and KT except the iPhones are factory unlocked. If you want to make sure, just check in with the CSRs!

Last edited:
Reactions: M@31

M@31

Sep 22, 2011
Daegu
Do you have an existing phone line? Which carrier is it? I'm pretty sure that SK and KT can unlock your phone with no charge.

Edit: I can confirm that as of September 2010, all devices sold by SKT and KT except the iPhones are factory unlocked. If you want to make sure, just check in with the CSRs!

My device (SHW-M110S) is the Korean SGS I.
It is not unlocked. I took it back to Canada about 2 months ago and put in a local SIM card. It did not work......But, I did however buy that phone at the end of August beginning of September 2010.....

amgpower63

Jun 6, 2012
My device (SHW-M110S) is the Korean SGS I.
It is not unlocked. I took it back to Canada about 2 months ago and put in a local SIM card. It did not work......But, I did however buy that phone at the end of August beginning of September 2010.....

If it was locked, you could've talked to the CSR for an unlock code. Your device was probably locked because it came out before SK brought out the policy. But yeah, the new ones including the GS3 should be out unlocked.

nicholas099

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
Interesting to know what are the frequencies of LTE and WCDMA in SK unit
Hoping the SHV-E210S supports the following frequencies:

WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100
LTE: 800/1800/2600

Exynos 1.4 Quad and 2GB..

With this spec, definitely i will import one to Australia.

One question tough, not sure why the SHV-E120S support 80 char messaging and i am hoping the E210S support 160 chars just like all other normal phone.

amgpower63

Jun 6, 2012
Has anyone heard exactly when the phones are coming out? I am a bit excited! :D

June 28th for 3G version (SKT exclusive). I'd expect the LTE models to come out in early July. I feel like SKT is going to have them first, as Samsung seems to favor SKT more than any other carriers.

Reactions: p33k

Top Liked Posts