[ROM][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 Preview [Build 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yura78

Apr 21, 2011
Ужгород
Just wondering? My google search started crashing (voice and other) so I did a full wipe (all 3), reinstalled cm10 and gapps, then full wipe, then reboot. But now I don't have any google apps. I've gone through that full process a few time now, and also just reinstalling gapps a few times but they aren't there (can't add google accounts etc). Should I be trying a full restock etc (god, I haven't done that for a long time) or am I doing something wrong.

I have noticed, when I install gapps, during the process it says -- Installing gapps-jb-20120715.zip, then a couple of lines down something about installing Google apps for android 4.0 - 20120429

Full wipe, reinstall CM9, full wipe, reinstall CM10 and gapps - it helps you ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: goughymachine

goughymachine

Aug 31, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Yeah thanks, that's what I'm going through atm. Funny enough, after installing cm9 and gapps 04292012 I don't have google apps again. I'll just keep things flashing. I'll be ready for pole dancing if I keep this flashing up!

xpipa

Nov 8, 2010
Fabriano
This night i'll try it on my wife p1000 who have cm9 ... if all is ok i ask her to prepare a cake.. but we are in italy where i can dend it ? or if u want plan a holliday here !! Sorry for OT but i'm so happy to see this !!

nitol

Sep 1, 2009
dhaka
on behalf of all gamers & xda members, one of our top concern is: CAN WE PLAY ALL GAMELOFT AND OTHER HD GAMES??? SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM?

D

DQiB

Cant upgrade from cm9 to cm10 -_-
Recovery reboots randomly when i try to install it!

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda app-developers app

suttermill

Mar 6, 2009
galaxy tab t849 root this rom ok? i choose zip from sdcard report : asssert failed : getprop("ro.product.device") ...... help.....

nemory

Feb 8, 2011
Talisay
stackwares.com
Just INSTALLED! So much thanks to CDESAI for this great work again!

But I noticed, the boot animation says CM9 though. :)

Toggle buttons don't look great like on ICS.
Playing my videos using default player doesn't look right too.
Default browser is not chrome?

There are no soft buttons?

Last edited:

yohannsiche

Nov 19, 2008
Hi,

no problem for installation from CM9 nightly, but, no way to download any jb gapps?

Does someone can post another link please?

Bye.

Yohann

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
But I noticed, the boot animation says CM9 though. :)

Toggle buttons don't look great like on ICS.
Playing my videos using default player doesn't look right too.
Default browser is not chrome?

There are no soft buttons?

Yea bootanimation needs to be updated.
OMX is broken, due to hwcomposer.
And NO, chrome shall never be the default browser unless they opensource it, which won't be happening.

galaxy tab t849 root this rom ok? i choose zip from sdcard report : asssert failed : getprop("ro.product.device") ...... help.....

Which tab's that? (TMO?)
If it runs the CyanogenMod 9 build fine, then open the zip via 7-zip, go to META-INF/com/google/android, edit updater-script in that folder in a text editor and remove the first 3 lines with the assert.

Cant upgrade from cm9 to cm10 -_-
Recovery reboots randomly when i try to install it!

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda app-developers app

Look who's saying!

Yeah thanks, that's what I'm going through atm. Funny enough, after installing cm9 and gapps 04292012 I don't have google apps again. I'll just keep things flashing. I'll be ready for pole dancing if I keep this flashing up!

I'll post a new version of gapps later today :)

Just wondering? My google search started crashing (voice and other) so I did a full wipe (all 3), reinstalled cm10 and gapps, then full wipe, then reboot. But now I don't have any google apps. I've gone through that full process a few time now, and also just reinstalling gapps a few times but they aren't there (can't add google accounts etc). Should I be trying a full restock etc (god, I haven't done that for a long time) or am I doing something wrong.

I have noticed, when I install gapps, during the process it says -- Installing gapps-jb-20120715.zip, then a couple of lines down something about installing Google apps for android 4.0 - 20120429

Yea, that was unchanged, but as i said above, new version coming later today

Reactions: erezak and aadean22

nemory

Feb 8, 2011
Talisay
stackwares.com
the home screen is smooth on fresh boot. then minutes later lags occur.
I will try to reboot what happens. (I did reboot and it made it smooth again)
I can really see the PROJECT BUTTER smoothing the lock screen.

Thanks again to CDESAI. this is a really really great work done.

Last edited:

dexter90

Jul 15, 2006
Milano
hello, to me this rom with the root problems. I almost did not find the files so I can not log in as root ... how can I fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

THIS IS A PREVIEW BUILD, NOT AT ALL MEANT FOR DAILY USE.
    Though i still use it as my daily driver.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • Check Known Issues (In the second post) first.
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:
    CyanogenMod:

Build 4: 20120829
    Download: link
    Build 3: 20120730
    Build 2: 20120722
    Build 1: 20120715
    Google Apps addon:

Version: gapps-jb-20120729
    Version: gapps-jb-20120717
    Version: gapps-jb-20120716
    Mirror: Link

P1 only for now.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Working:
    Wifi
    Bluetooth (untested)
    RIL (Calls / 3G / Messaging)
    FFC (Front Facing Camera)
    Audio

Changelog:

20120715:
    Initial Build

20120722:
    Merged code from crespo kernel (Nexus S)
    hwcomposer works now, so it's much faster.
    Upstream merges from CM.

20120730:
    DeviceParts are in
    Loads of upstream merges from CM (Themes are in ;))

20120829:
    Loads of changes, particularly switching to a new partition layout.
    Pretty stable now if you don't do much multi-tasking.
    IMPORTANT: Read this post http://goo.gl/5IWIK

Known Issues:
    • Browser is wonky, causes freezes
    • Not all sensors work (auto-brightness is one thing not working)
    • Anything else i forgot. (remember this is still a preview)
    Got some news, OMX is finally working :)

For those who didn't get it, it means video encoding / decoding is fine, so Camera (only video recording, still image capture still borked) works fine, and so does YouTube and other video players.

Gonna test some kernel changes, and get them in before releasing a new build.
    ohai guise

Just merged all of the changes from the crespo OTA, and i have to say, it does feel much more smoother.

Gonna test it for a few and then upload, stay tuned.
    Good news everyone :D

Merged most of the pending changes for p1, everything is much more smooth now, with a few kernel changes / reverts and the new partition layout :)

Official CM10 Nightlies shall start soon :)

If you feel that the data partition is smaller, there are various apps on the Play Store for overcoming that, and as for moving it to /system, there are solutions for that too (let me know if anyone is interested and i'll let you know how to keep that data between updates).

Kangers, i request you to stop releasing builds with the old layout since that's only increasing fragmentation.
    This is much smoother, which is why we switched over.