Internal memory getting lower (problem)

Search This thread

Xplay21

Jan 23, 2014
My Xperia Play's intenal memory is starting to get lower day by day. I currently have 91mb free available and i've already uninstalled many apps that i don't use daily. I've heard of the link2sd partitioning method but whenever i try i get the error "Mount script cannot be created" and i've tried all the options e.g ex2,3,4 and FAT32. I've gave up on that so now i'm wondering is there any way to get my internal memory go up since apps take up more and more space.

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
Do you have enough space on sd card? in my case, link2sd made ext2 partition with 1.4GB size on 16GB card (it didn't even ask me how much space it needed). Since i click it just for curiousity, i had to format that sd card in windows to get that space back. I don't need it because link2sd can move apps to sd even without that partition. Just don't move apps like widgets or launcher, all other is safe to move...

Or if you are using GB stock based rom (and you have unlocked bootloader) you can use kernel with 700MB data partition

Xplay21

Jan 23, 2014
Do you have enough space on sd card? in my case, link2sd made ext2 partition with 1.4GB size on 16GB card (it didn't even ask me how much space it needed). Since i click it just for curiousity, i had to format that sd card in windows to get that space back. I don't need it because link2sd can move apps to sd even without that partition. Just don't move apps like widgets or launcher, all other is safe to move...

Or if you are using GB stock based rom (and you have unlocked bootloader) you can use kernel with 700MB data partition

I have 6GB space left (i think that's enough) and i only tried to make a 1GB partition. Although you can move apps to the sd, not all of the app goes to the sd, a part of it still remains in the internal storage By partitioning, you can xfer all of the apps data (aka link) to the partitioned part of the sd card. Have an unlocked bootloader, currently using xperia Z final rom by markpython (ICS)

Last edited:

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
I have 6GB space left (i think that's enough) and i only tried to make a 1GB partition. Although you can move apps to the sd, not all of the app goes to the sd, a part of it still remains in the internal storage By partitioning, you can xfer all of the apps data (aka link) to the partitioned part of the sd card. Have an unlocked bootloader, currently using xperia Z final rom by markpython (ICS)

Well, you can try to repartition sdcard manualy with minitool partition wizard

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
I'm using 2.6.32.9-LuPuS-iCs-Beta and i'm not sure about the init.d scripts
Sorry if i'm inexperienced

You might want to try Lupus ICS/GB v7 kernel

It has 610MB data partition (and ICSbeta have 380MB, as i recall)
But make sure you read all the info in 2nd post (esspecially under bold "important" lines)

In short, make cwm backup and/or app(and data) backup (with titanium backup)

Also, you might want to check this thread if you want to test other kernels

Xplay21

Jan 23, 2014
Just found out ur the owner of the other thread :D anyways what difference will it make using the other kernel? Will it fix the error "Mount script cannot be created"

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
Just found out ur the owner of the other thread :D anyways what difference will it make using the other kernel? Will it fix the error "Mount script cannot be created"

As i said, i'm on GB and script worked for me. I don't know why you are getting that error. Maybe it's ROM, maybe it's kernel related, but i'm only guessing...

Reactions: Xplay21

Xplay21

Jan 23, 2014
Just bricked my xperia play :c

I'm stuck on the LuPuS kernel bootloop

EDIT: ok i fixed that now and thanks the partitioning problem has been fixed. But i picked up a new issue. O the walkman music player app when i try to download music info it gives me the "unknown error could not download"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As i said, i'm on GB and script worked for me. I don't know why you are getting that error. Maybe it's ROM, maybe it's kernel related, but i'm only guessing...